The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SLAYER!!!!!

Go down 
+5
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Stender
DeathCult
S.D.
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

SLAYER!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SLAYER!!!!!   SLAYER!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 7:34 am

This is all good stuff to know as I'm discovering this band. It's been quite fun although I did detect a little bit of a Nu-Metal vibe on Diabolus In Musica...I really liked that album.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: SLAYER!!!!!   SLAYER!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 3:01 pm

Dave Lombardo has stated that SLAYER will be releasing a new 4-song EP to keep fans busy until the next full-length album is completed.

Looking forward to some new Slayer!

head bang
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: SLAYER!!!!!   SLAYER!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:27 am

I gotta look more into these guys, I've really liked South Of Heaven and Diabolus In Musica a lot, I've jammed 2 or 3 more and liked 'em too but can't remember which ones they were.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: SLAYER!!!!!   SLAYER!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:30 am

Akeldama wrote:
I gotta look more into these guys, I've really liked South Of Heaven and Diabolus In Musica a lot, I've jammed 2 or 3 more and liked 'em too but can't remember which ones they were.

Check out World Painted Blood, one of the better recent offerings from the 80s thrash bands.

Metallica, Anthrax and Megadeth do nothing for me any more, but I still love Slayer.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: SLAYER!!!!!   SLAYER!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:36 am

Watching Slayer on the Big 4 DVD really made me realize I've been missing out all these years. Tom and Dave are what did the trick, I still can't stand KK and Jeff is just there but I can't deny their talent.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: SLAYER!!!!!   SLAYER!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:39 am

Akeldama wrote:
Watching Slayer on the Big 4 DVD really made me realize I've been missing out all these years. Tom and Dave are what did the trick, I still can't stand KK and Jeff is just there but I can't deny their talent.

Don't sell Jeff short, he's one of the primary songwriters and many of their best riffs are his.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: SLAYER!!!!!   SLAYER!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 9:40 am

Musically Slayer's bad ass but a lot of King's lyrics obviously rub me the wrong way. I get where he's coming from, but sometimes I wonder if he truly is that anti-Christian or if it's more shtick...

I will say that Christ Illusion was still a slammin' record.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: SLAYER!!!!!   SLAYER!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 11:21 am

It's mostly schtick, which is why I don't take any of the lyrics seriously.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: SLAYER!!!!!   SLAYER!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 12:40 pm

Now that I've completed the Slayer discog, I think I'll post my thoughts on each album...
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: SLAYER!!!!!   SLAYER!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 4:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: SLAYER!!!!!   SLAYER!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 11:41 am

Akeldama wrote:

This doesn't really surprise me. King runs the band like a business (no problem with that) and right now Hanneman isn't healthy enough to participate. If Kerry wants to tour as Slayer in the interim I guess that's okay (though I'm not paying money to see Slayer without Hanneman & Lombardo).

I'm not really excited by hearing a Slayer album with only Kerry contributing material and playing all the guitar parts. If Lombardo isn't involved that drops my interest alot further.

But in the grand scheme of things there are 30 years worth of Slayer studio albums out there when I get in the mood to hear them...and in 2013 I really could care less about new thrash albums.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: SLAYER!!!!!   SLAYER!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 2:05 pm

After reading more shit and KK's egocentric attitude, I'm already sick of him and I barely got into Slayer not that long ago.

If they do split up I would definitely get any album Tom is associated with. He's really what made me dig Slayer the most.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: SLAYER!!!!!   SLAYER!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 1:09 am

R.I.P. Jeff Hanneman - (1964-2013)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: SLAYER!!!!!   SLAYER!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 10:17 am

Total drag I wonder if the spider bite thing was to hide the fact he was sick?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: SLAYER!!!!!   SLAYER!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 8:59 pm

Akeldama wrote:
Total drag I wonder if the spider bite thing was to hide the fact he was sick?

I am pretty sure the spider bite was legit...the last time he appeared on stage with Slayer in 2011 (he came out and did the encores with them at one of tht Big Four shows) he had a big-ass scar going down one arm from the skin grafts.

The question is whether or not that had anything to do with his death.Get a load of this:

Sounds to me like his years of drinking may have simply caught up with him.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: SLAYER!!!!!   SLAYER!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 9:35 pm

The spider bite was legit, I'm sure the drinking didn't help but it is not uncommon for people suffering from that disease to get toxic shock caused by the body trying to fight off the infection, that causes the liver to go into overdrive and eventually fail.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: SLAYER!!!!!   SLAYER!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 9:48 pm

I figured the spider bite was legit I just wondered if that story was compounded to "protect" Jeff and his failing liver due to drinking. Thx guys.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: SLAYER!!!!!   SLAYER!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 10:24 pm

S.D. wrote:
R.I.P. Jeff Hanneman - (1964-2013)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yeah that's too bad, keep losing good ones, R.I.P. man.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: SLAYER!!!!!   SLAYER!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 2:23 am

Akeldama wrote:
I figured the spider bite was legit I just wondered if that story was compounded to "protect" Jeff and his failing liver due to drinking. Thx guys.

We may never know the full story.

I mean, it could have been the drinking. But I also believe that the increased reliance on drinking might have been caused by having all the flesh on his arm eaten away and not being able to play music with the band he helped create. I could understand anyone attempting to drown away that shit.

Back to top Go down
Special Guest
Easy Target
Special Guest

PostSubject: Re: SLAYER!!!!!   SLAYER!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 3:39 am

S.D. wrote:
Akeldama wrote:

We may never know the full story.

I mean, it could have been the drinking. But I also believe that the increased reliance on drinking might have been caused by having all the flesh on his arm eaten away and not being able to play music with the band he helped create. I could understand anyone attempting to drown away that shit.

Either way, the dude got a raw fucking deal. That's just a terrible situation. RIP Jeff, you'll always be better than Kerry
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: SLAYER!!!!!   SLAYER!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 3:42 am

Slayer songs solely credited to Jeff Hanneman (music).

Show No Mercy:
The Antichrist
Die By The Sword
Fight Till Death
Tormentor

Hell Awaits:
At Dawn They Sleep
Necrophiliac
Hardening Of The Arteries

Reign In Blood:
Angel Of Death
Altar Of Sacrifice
Reborn
Postmortem
Raining Blood

South Of Heaven:
South Of Heaven
Live Undead
Behind The Crooked Cross
Read Between The Lies
Cleanse The Soul
Spill The Blood

Seasons In The Abyss:
War Ensemble
Blood Red
Spirit In Black
Dead Skin Mask
Seasons In The Abyss

Divine Intervention:

Undisputed Attitude:
Can't Stand You
Ddamn

Diabolus In Musica:
Bitter Peace
Death's Head
Stain of Mind
Overt Enemy
Perversions Of Pain
Love To Hate
Desire
Scrum
Screaming From The Sky
Point

God Hates Us All:
Darkness Of Christ
Disciple
God Send Death
Threshold
Deviance

Christ Illusion:
Eyes Of The Insane
Jihad
Black Serenade
Final Six

World Painted Blood:
World Painted Blood
Unit 731
Beauty Through Order
Human Strain
Psychopathy Red
Playing With Dolls

And this list doesn't count all the Hanneman/King dual songwriting credits.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: SLAYER!!!!!   SLAYER!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 7:53 pm

Gonna make that a playlist.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: SLAYER!!!!!   SLAYER!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 9:05 pm

Posted on Slayer.net earlier today. Guess we can't blame the spider bite.

Quote :
We've just learned that the official cause of Jeff's death was alcohol related cirrhosis. While he had his health struggles over the years, including the recent Necrotizing fasciitis infection that devastated his well-being, Jeff and those close to him were not aware of the true extent of his liver condition until the last days of his life. Contrary to some reports, Jeff was not on a transplant list at the time of his passing, or at any time prior to that. In fact, by all accounts, it appeared that he had been improving – he was excited and looking forward to working on a new record.

Bummer. R.I.P. JH
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: SLAYER!!!!!   SLAYER!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 1:26 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Posted on Slayer.net earlier today. Guess we can't blame the spider bite.

One of my friends in L.A. knew Hanneman and he told me that once the spider bite happened that Jeff got so depressed his drinking got totally out of control (he was always a heavy drinker but it got much worse). The damage to his liver pre-dated that, but his increased intake over the past 3 years surely sped the process up considerably.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: SLAYER!!!!!   SLAYER!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 8:27 pm

Quote :
he was always a heavy drinker but it got much worse

I can believe that. Looking back over the years, I think I've seen more photos of Hanneman with a beer in his hand than without.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SLAYER!!!!!   SLAYER!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SLAYER!!!!!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next