The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gorgeous & Spacey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Gorgeous & Spacey Empty
PostSubject: Gorgeous & Spacey   Gorgeous & Spacey I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 12:13 am

There is a lot of great music coming out these days that seem to take me on an "emotional trip" of some sort. This is the kind of feeling that usually only jazz conjures...but this "new fusion" that's being born, it feels like it's reaching for something, gives me hope for the future, musically at least.

Now, this tune is very meditative, but super rewarding if you really give it a listen. It's the only vocal song that Pelican has recorded, it's from their latest album "What We All Come To Need".

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Gorgeous & Spacey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorgeous & Spacey   Gorgeous & Spacey I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 12:26 am

just music on this one. The addition of cello was masterful.

Russian Circles - Hexed All
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Gorgeous & Spacey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorgeous & Spacey   Gorgeous & Spacey I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 12:28 am

My favorite song from 2009...

Steven Wilson - Harmony Korine
Back to top Go down
Shawn

Shawn

Gorgeous & Spacey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorgeous & Spacey   Gorgeous & Spacey I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 8:11 am

Of this ilk, you should check out Red Sparowes....they're on the Tribes Of Neurot label...
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Gorgeous & Spacey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorgeous & Spacey   Gorgeous & Spacey I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 2:11 pm

I really like Pelican & Russian Circles. I prefer Russian Circles though, but I have to be in the mood to jam this kinda stuff 'cause it'll depress me.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Gorgeous & Spacey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorgeous & Spacey   Gorgeous & Spacey I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 3:12 pm

Interesting, it doesn't depress me at all, has the opposite effect, it helps to calm me down when I'm having one of my "moods"...which is about 3 times a day recently.

Also, I'm going to be including other bands/styles in this thread, just picked 3 to start with.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Gorgeous & Spacey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorgeous & Spacey   Gorgeous & Spacey I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 5:05 pm

It makes me think a lot and I already think about things all the time to begin with, I can't pinpoint what but I think a lot of it is the tempo and melody of the compositions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gorgeous & Spacey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorgeous & Spacey   Gorgeous & Spacey I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gorgeous & Spacey
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Workshop :: Thick As A Brick :: Dr. Music-
Jump to: