The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anybody...?

Go down 
+5
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
gershom
S.D.
Akeldama
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Anybody...? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody...?   Anybody...? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 12:42 am

Anybody else here that likes bands/artists that sing in other languages other than English? Who might they be?
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Anybody...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody...?   Anybody...? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:41 pm

Uncultured bastards... Laughing
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Anybody...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody...?   Anybody...? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 9:34 pm

Interesting question.

I like alot of Brazilian stuff, bossa nova and the like. Singers like Astrud Gilberto and Flora Purim would go back and forth between English and their native language. Gilberto Gil is another singer that comes to mind.

Witchcraft has a couple songs on their albums in Swedish, I've also got an Opeth single in Swedish.

I'm also a fan of french pop music from the 60's, no idea what any of it means but it's hip as hell.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Anybody...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody...?   Anybody...? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 11:11 pm

60's French Pop? WTF?! That sounds interesting, I never thought about that kinda music. Gilberto Gil is killer stuff as well.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Anybody...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody...?   Anybody...? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 11:17 pm

Think about the late 50's/early 60's french new wave cinema...full of jazz, folkie hipsters, beret wearing wannabes and cute little blond chicks behaving badly...
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Anybody...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody...?   Anybody...? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 11:23 pm

My fave multi-lingual band and one of my fave bands in general is definitely Los Lobos.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

Anybody...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody...?   Anybody...? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 8:34 am

Rammstien, the German language is so harsh man, even saying I love you in German just sounds down right dirty and harsh.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

Anybody...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody...?   Anybody...? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 11:25 am

I have the first couple of Loudness albums that were sung completely in Japanese. They're a trip to listen to. I have no idea what they're saying of course, but when I listen to 'em in the car I make up my own gibberish so I can sound like I'm singing along. Laughing
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

Anybody...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody...?   Anybody...? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 1:24 pm

I have a hard enough time with Engrish. Any other language and my tiny brain would detonate. Anybody...? 16180
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

Anybody...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody...?   Anybody...? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 1:55 pm

Gershom wrote:
Rammstien, the German language is so harsh man, even saying I love you in German just sounds down right dirty and harsh.

Yeah, but Rammstein's lyrical translations fit the harshness, especially when they are singing "I am going to get balls deep in your wet cunt and blow my wad all over your face" - it sounds better in German than in English........
Back to top Go down
Stender
Delicious Vomit
Stender

Anybody...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody...?   Anybody...? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 7:51 pm

yeah totallly, I love spanish and japanese hardcore. The early hardcore albums by ratos de porao(brazilian portugese), Lip cream(jap) Raw power(italy) etc are all loved by me. I really like little brown people for some reason. Smile

The Finn language sounds really good to my ears I listen to this ska band called "goon" from finland frequently also.

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

Anybody...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody...?   Anybody...? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 12:31 am

Japenese Metal I really enjoy in Japenese, Russian thrash as well, kinda add's to the anger factor. Really, while I don't always enjoy the sounds of certain languages (French for instance) when it comes to alot of bands, I'd rather it be in their native tongue than broken english. With that said, I also really enjoy opera sung in Italian.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Anybody...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody...?   Anybody...? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 2:33 pm

I like an Italian Prog band called Alphataurus, I'm also getting into some Greek Prog that The Tokester passed me. I've got a huge as haul of stuff from all over the world coming soon.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

Anybody...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody...?   Anybody...? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 8:00 pm

Awww.... Man! I just saw this thread and decided to click on it.

When I got hardcore into Prog in the late 90s, a friend I made at a record store recommended Italian Prog amongst others.
Premiata Forneria Marconi (or PFM) is my favorite(they have both Italian and English albums)
Biglietto Per L'Inferno
Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso (or Banco)
Loccanda Delle Fate (pretty and complex all at the same time)
Quella Vecchia Locanda
Le Orme
Metamorfosi
Murple
Museo Rosenbach
Nuova Idea
Il Rovescio Della Medaglia
and a bunch of others

That Alphataurus is very good. If you like that you should check out the above list.

Then there is French (Ange, Magma, Tai Phong[ a couple of Vietnamese brothers living in France]), German (Eloy, Grobschnitt, Novalis), Norwegian (Høst, Kerrs Pink), Swiss (Krokodil) as well as some South American Prog (Crucis from Argentina)that I have found and acquired.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Anybody...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody...?   Anybody...? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 11:13 am

WOW. I now know who to contact for all things Italian Prog! Of course I couldn't pronounce most of those bands...but still, that's my own stupidity. LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anybody...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody...?   Anybody...? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anybody...?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Workshop :: Thick As A Brick :: Dr. Music-
Jump to: