The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NEKTAR - wow

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

NEKTAR - wow Empty
PostSubject: NEKTAR - wow   NEKTAR - wow I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 8:44 pm

Okay, I gotta say this band is totally kicking my ass. Particularly the "Remember The Future" album, I've never quite heard that particular combination of prog-ish rock and lovely pop vocal harmonies before. Some sections remind me a little of CSN, you can also tell that Kansas and Styx had probably heard these early records.

I only have 2 of their albums so far, but I just CAN'T stop playing them...I've listened to Remember The Future about 4 times today and I'm sure I'll play it again. It's essentially one long 45 minute song (split down the middle ala Thick As A Brick), but it just FLOWS so naturally, it never gets boring, never feels like it should wrap it up. In fact, when Part One ends I actually wish it would keep going a little longer...

Now to play this fucker again...
NEKTAR - wow 51tF-eJJK4L._SL500_AA300_
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

NEKTAR - wow Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEKTAR - wow   NEKTAR - wow I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 11:57 am

You gotta get more Nektar Shawn but you did start with my two faves. Great band.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

NEKTAR - wow Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEKTAR - wow   NEKTAR - wow I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 6:08 pm

I'm totally digging "Sounds Like This...". A live-in-the-studio album that really captures the energy of the band. Sandwiched between two concept albums I think this one probably gets ignored in the grand scheme of things...but that's a shame, because it features some of the best guitar work of their earlier material.

Check out the track "1,2,3,4", total Hendrix worship!

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

NEKTAR - wow Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEKTAR - wow   NEKTAR - wow I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:48 am

Well S.D., I'm a little late to the party but I finally downloaded the original mixes of the first few albums and am listening to them now.

And.....I LOVE this band. Specifically "A Tab In The Ocean". I can't believe I never delved into them before. King Of Twilight is even more epic than the Maiden cover.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

NEKTAR - wow Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEKTAR - wow   NEKTAR - wow I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:58 am

Excellent website I just came across about Nektar:

http://www.thenektarproject.com/discography/tito.aspx
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

NEKTAR - wow Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEKTAR - wow   NEKTAR - wow I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 11:04 am

thanks for sharing the link! These guys are a great band, especially live.

Remember The Future is my favorite of the studio albums.

Coming out soon is the 2-CD "Complete Live In New York" recorded in 1976.

Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

NEKTAR - wow Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEKTAR - wow   NEKTAR - wow I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 12:28 pm

Yeah these dudes are pretty damn intriguing, I have a few mix and match tracks from different albums, but don't think I have a complete album at all, now that you guys have brought them up, I'm going to have to check them out more thoroughly, damn good stuff they have for sure, Thanks for the link DeathCult it's pretty damn interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NEKTAR - wow Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEKTAR - wow   NEKTAR - wow I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEKTAR - wow
Page 1 of 1