The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sodom!!!!!

Go down 
+2
DeathCult
Akeldama
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Sodom!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Sodom!!!!!   Sodom!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 1:03 am

Man these fuckers kick maximum ass! I got everything they've done so far and they do not dissapoint.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Sodom!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sodom!!!!!   Sodom!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 1:16 am

You sfincters don't like this band??!!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

Sodom!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sodom!!!!!   Sodom!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 9:05 am

I liked early Sodom alot, but they're another one I lost track of after the early 90's records. Obsessed By Cruelty slays!
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Sodom!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sodom!!!!!   Sodom!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 3:38 pm

I always like this band, though I never really collected anything. Back in their initial run I only owned "Agent Orange". I loved that record, but I was starting to move away from Thrash by that point, so I never got around to collecting further.

These guys are just as good as Kreator as far as I'm concerned.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Sodom!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sodom!!!!!   Sodom!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 11:10 pm

Oh yeah, in fact I like them better than Kreator. I like how they have a Motorhead vibe about them.
Back to top Go down
Stender
Delicious Vomit
Stender

Sodom!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sodom!!!!!   Sodom!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 7:16 pm

they are cool but I never got into them extremely heavy. Im more into Deathrow, Tankard, Assassin, and Exumer, as far as the German scene goes.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Sodom!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sodom!!!!!   Sodom!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 3:34 pm

All good bands bro.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Sodom!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sodom!!!!!   Sodom!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 9:46 am

Their new album 'In War And Pieces' is damn good.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

Sodom!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sodom!!!!!   Sodom!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 6:20 pm

I could never get into these guys. I think the vocals kinda turned me off. I'm sure, if given the chance, they'd grow on me like other harsh vocalists have, but I just don't have the desire, time or money to invest in a band with hopes that I'll eventually like them. The music's good though.

These days, there are very few bands that I'll invest that sort of effort into anymore, like High on Fire for example. I either like 'em or I don't.
Back to top Go down
Stender
Delicious Vomit
Stender

Sodom!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sodom!!!!!   Sodom!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 8:39 pm

Persecution mania is my favorate.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

Sodom!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sodom!!!!!   Sodom!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 10:32 pm

Sodom were my brother's thang back in the day, he was always the more "extreme" metal guy in the family. Even when it came to Thrash, he always preferred the hyperspeed, gutteral stuff from Europe (i.e. Kreator, Destruction, Sodom, etc.) while I stuck to the more "refined" sounding American "Big Four" kinda bands.

A year or two ago I reviewed their CD where they re-recorded all the tracks from the first IN THE SIGN OF EVIL EP plus a bunch of other vintage tracks from the same era (I can't think of the title of it now for the fuckin' life of me) and it wasn't bad, I gave it a decent write up, but I passed it on to my bro as soon as the review was done cuz I knew it was not something that was ever gonna make it into my regular rotation.

I do remember years ago when I first heard the band's name (when I was in high school), a buddy of mine told me he'd just picked up the Sodom EP and I sez "Sodom? What the hell kind of band name is that? Isn't that when somebody gets f**ked up the ass?" and he was like "NO NO NO! That's Sodom-y!" Hahahaha. I was an idiot.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Sodom!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sodom!!!!!   Sodom!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 12:09 pm

I jammed their S/T album from '06 a bit ago and I like it more than I used to. I see a Sodom, Slayer and Kreator kick coming on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sodom!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sodom!!!!!   Sodom!!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sodom!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Workshop :: Several Species of Small Furry Animals... :: Cities On Flame...-
Jump to: