The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This Still Gives Me Goose Bumps

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

This Still Gives Me Goose Bumps Empty
PostSubject: This Still Gives Me Goose Bumps   This Still Gives Me Goose Bumps I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 3:54 pm

Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: This Still Gives Me Goose Bumps   This Still Gives Me Goose Bumps I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 2:10 pm

This was pretty cool, I bet the whole concert kicks some major ass.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: This Still Gives Me Goose Bumps   This Still Gives Me Goose Bumps I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 2:49 pm

I really wanted to love that blu-ray, but I'm not overly impressed with it.

I think the Slayer set is great. The Metallica set has the vocals WAY too loud in the mix, I can't tolerate it. Anthrax & Megadeth are "okay".

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: This Still Gives Me Goose Bumps   This Still Gives Me Goose Bumps I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 7:14 pm

Well I hate Slayer but I must say they did put on a good show and Megadeth is great as always but Chris needs better stage presence. Anthrax was alright as was Metallica but yes the vox are too hot in the mix.

In a perfect world Megadeth would be the headliners but Metallica deserves the top spot for all they've accomplished but Megadeth should've gone on after Slayer. WTF!!
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: This Still Gives Me Goose Bumps   This Still Gives Me Goose Bumps I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 7:57 pm

Well, I can understand hating Slayer, they are a love/hate type band anyway. But I think you have to give them props for their influence...pretty much any "extreme" type metal is molded from the basic Slayer template.

I'm not the world's biggest Megadeth fan, I love their early albums through Rust In Peace, but haven't been a fan since.

Actually, I guess I'm just burnt out on this type of music in general...I'd prefer to listen to progressive music and/or jazz these days.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: This Still Gives Me Goose Bumps   This Still Gives Me Goose Bumps I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 8:11 pm

Yeah, you're right. And as fas as being burnt out on this type of music, I hope I don't get burned out on it, I love Thrash/Speed Metal as much as I love Blues, Fusion and Proto. I try to keep a variety on my ipod for that very reason.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: This Still Gives Me Goose Bumps   This Still Gives Me Goose Bumps I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 8:18 pm

If you seem me listening to thrash it means I'm REALLY pissed off about something, that's the only time I really listen to it anymore.

Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: This Still Gives Me Goose Bumps   This Still Gives Me Goose Bumps I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:33 am

Thrash is great at work music, especially on a Monday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Still Gives Me Goose Bumps   This Still Gives Me Goose Bumps I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This Still Gives Me Goose Bumps
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Workshop :: Several Species of Small Furry Animals... :: Cities On Flame...-
Jump to: