The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Halford's WINTER SONGS

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

Halford's WINTER SONGS Empty
PostSubject: Halford's WINTER SONGS   Halford's WINTER SONGS I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 11:32 am

Yup, the Metal God's Christmas album. Anybody heard it yet??

I haven't but it looks like I shall be checking this one out a little later today. One of my buddies just got the CD and he's going to bring it with him today when he comes up for my son's birthday party. I'm intrigued, yet terrified by the prospect at the same time. I've heard two songs from the CD thus far -- one was pretty good ("Get Into The Spirit") and the other was abso-fuckin-lutely godawful ("Christmas for Everyone") so I'm hoping that the rest of the album sounds more like "Get into the Spirit."

I still wonder whatever possessed Rob to take on such a project in the first place!!!

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Halford's WINTER SONGS   Halford's WINTER SONGS I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 11:34 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

I still wonder whatever possessed Rob to take on such a project in the first place!!!

Halford's WINTER SONGS Money
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Halford's WINTER SONGS   Halford's WINTER SONGS I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 11:36 am

Call me when these come out:

Desert Plains (Yule Log mix)
"North star is rising, the sky is black. I see your light im coming fast. The path is straight cast, sands in my eyes, the camel spits between my thighs. From Desert plains I bring you mihhhhrrrr!"

Fruitcake Burning
Sweet and luxurious, we search the Super Fresh, for delicious ingredients. To make a radiant desert that tastes divine! We accelerate, no time to hesitate, for the need to bake is nigh! Christmas star shining, the yeast is rising, cut the cherries by the oven light! Fold and knead at breakneck speed! Turn the gas on, the flames spit forth!
FRUIT CAKE BURNING! FRUIT CAKE BURNING!
Get the fucking thing, out of the oven mate! It's going to roast and make my house reek of elven lactate!

(Take These) Bows Off
I shake the box, it don't do me no good. Trying to rip a sliver of paper don't help like I thought it would. Help me, Im begging you please, you had my list now Im down on my knees. You wrapped them up over night, before I got a peek. Take these bows off, take em off of my gifts.

White Beard, Red Suit
Delivering The Gifts
Ridin' On The Sleigh
Screaming For Presents
Hellbent For Gingerbread
Wild Nights, Hot & Crazy Elves
Victim Of Wisemen
Diamonds & Toiletry Kits
Tree Choppin'
Defenders Of The Egg Nogg
You Don't Have To Be Old To Be Santa

And as a special offer if you rush you're order in now as a free gift you'll get the new yuletide nintendo sponsered Dio (with the Short Fucker Symphony) single:

Wii Rock b/w The Last In Line (Greedy Bastard Mix)

WE'RE OFF TO THE MALL! WE MAY NEVER NEVER NEVER COME HOME! FOR THE LISTS THAT WE BRING CAN LAST TIL JANUARY!
Back to top Go down
Stender
Delicious Vomit
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Halford's WINTER SONGS   Halford's WINTER SONGS I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 11:36 pm

DeathCult wrote:

Get the fucking thing, out of the oven mate! It's going to roast and make my house reek of elven lactate!

Pass THAT weed over man...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Halford's WINTER SONGS   Halford's WINTER SONGS I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 4:50 pm

My buddy brought the Halford CD up to the house with him yesterday as promised... of course, with my son's birthday party going on, we had a house full of people (including a bunch of sugar-tweaked pre-schoolers) and I had a ton of crap to do throughout the day, so even though I tried to make time to at least listen to the first couple of tracks, I didn't get much of a chance ...... so before my pal went home I finally said, "Screw it," threw the CD in my computer and ripped MP3s of all the tracks to investigate later.

I go back to work tomorrow so maybe THEN I'll have time to catch up on all the various stuff I haven't had time to listen to this past week or so... how sad is it that I have to go to work in order to listen to my music without constant interruptions?? Sheesh.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Halford's WINTER SONGS   Halford's WINTER SONGS I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 5:54 pm

OK, so I finally had a chance to listen to Halford's Holiday Spectacular. It's about fifty percent cool, and fifty percent goofy.

Rob's arrangements on the traditional old time Christmas hymns like "O Come O Come Emmanuel" and "O Holy Night" are quite cool, they sound better than expected. But the original songs are a mixed bag. The title track is VERY cool, it's a nice moody thing that sounds like late '70s Priest, but "Christmas for Everyone" is just godawful and "I Don't Care if it's Christmas Night" sounds like Rob was trying to cop the vibe of those 1960s Phil Spector holiday pop songs (ala "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)"), which doesn't work at all.

I am not sure yet if I'm going to buy my own copy of this (I have just listened to the MP3s I ripped from my buddy's CD thus far). It's not horrible, but not great either. Maybe if I find it cheap/used. Otherwise, I think I'd pass unless you're a Halford fanboy who's gotta have everything the man has ever appeared on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halford's WINTER SONGS   Halford's WINTER SONGS I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halford's WINTER SONGS
Page 1 of 1