The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gary Moore RIP

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gershom

gershom

Gary Moore  RIP  Empty
PostSubject: Gary Moore RIP    Gary Moore  RIP  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 8:09 pm

Gary Moore  RIP  10089010
Gary Moore, former guitarist for Thin Lizzy, passed away Sunday in Southern Spain, the BBC reported Sunday.

The cause of death has yet to be determined, but Adam Parsons, who manages Thin Lizzy, told BBC News that Moore had died in the early hours of Sunday morning.

The 58-year-old joined Thin Lizzy in the early 1970s after the band's lead singer Phil Lynott brought him into the fold to replace outgoing Lizzy guitarist Eric Bell.

The Irish native was known for his tumultuous yet steady friendship with Lynott.

During the summer of 1979, Moore left Thin Lizzy in the middle of a U.S. tour. In the mid-1980s, the duo scored a Top 5 English and Irish hit with the single "Out in the Fields" after Thin Lizzy broke up. Lynott died soon after the chart success in January of 1986.

More recently, Moore released a string of solo records over the past decade in the blues-rock vein.

Eric Bell, the Thin Lizzy guitarist Moore replaced, told the BBC today he was "in shock" regarding Moore's death.

"I still can't believe it," he said. "He was so robust."

Moore was fond of Spain and played a guitar festival in Barcelona in 2009 alongside such names as Jackson Browne.

Back to top Go down
manny

manny

Gary Moore  RIP  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Moore RIP    Gary Moore  RIP  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 10:02 am

That is terrible news, I have been a fan since 1984/85, when I read about him in Guitar Player magazine. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Gary Moore  RIP  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Moore RIP    Gary Moore  RIP  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 6:02 pm

Man, that totally sucks. He was my fave Thin Lizzy guitarist and a fave overall. Hopefully he and Phil are writing the sequel to 'Black Rose' up there.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Gary Moore  RIP  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Moore RIP    Gary Moore  RIP  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 8:14 pm

Moore's death makes me realize that I really need to go back and revisit this man's career. Immensely talented, yet somehow remained almost completely unknown to non-musicians.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Gary Moore  RIP  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Moore RIP    Gary Moore  RIP  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 11:08 pm

Yeah man, he's got a great discography, I have prolly 99% of his stuff but I prefer his Rock and Metal stuff over everything else. His ballads ALWAYS had some kick ass guitaron them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gary Moore  RIP  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Moore RIP    Gary Moore  RIP  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gary Moore RIP
Page 1 of 1