The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Velvet Revolver?

Go down 
+3
MetalGuy71
gershom
Akeldama
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Velvet Revolver? Empty
PostSubject: Velvet Revolver?   Velvet Revolver? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 3:49 pm

I've never listened to these guys cd's and only heard one song, are they worth getting?
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

Velvet Revolver? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver?   Velvet Revolver? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 7:40 am

I don't know man, I've heard songs by VR but was never inclined to go out an purchase an album, I guess I'd have to give em' a chance and jam them to see if there as good as others say they are. They got Slash and the ex GnR guys so it can't be all that bad, although I was never a big GnR fan either, and not a big STP fan either so there union was not a big thing to me.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

Velvet Revolver? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver?   Velvet Revolver? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 11:06 am

As a huge fan of both GNR and STP, I gotta say that both Velvet Revolver albums are in the "meh" category for me. They're ok, but nothing great. I like them better than both of Slash's Snakepit albums, but less that his latest solo effort.

If you can find them cheap, they're probably worth a listen, but don't expect them to knock your wig back or melt your face off. Decent enough modern rock, nothing more, nothing less.

I'd recommend Slash's solo album before VR if you're looking for something with ex-GNR members. I think all of the ex-members of GNR except Axl make an appearence in some capacity.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Velvet Revolver? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver?   Velvet Revolver? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 11:10 am

I don't like a single person involved with VR, so I never bothered.

I feel the exact same way about Chickenfoot.

Sleep
Back to top Go down
Shawn

Shawn

Velvet Revolver? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver?   Velvet Revolver? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 2:18 pm

Y-A-W-N

I tried both VR albums and both were boring...
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Velvet Revolver? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver?   Velvet Revolver? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 2:26 pm

Good to know, especially since I liked both Slash's Snakepit albums. Won't be getting these.
Back to top Go down
manny

manny

Velvet Revolver? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver?   Velvet Revolver? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 8:46 am

I have both the VR albums and they are ok but nothing memorable IMO
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

Velvet Revolver? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver?   Velvet Revolver? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 8:37 pm

I liked a couple songs well enough to buy it originally, but they're a very bland band. I couldn't tell you a single track by them, nothing sticks.
Back to top Go down
manny

manny

Velvet Revolver? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver?   Velvet Revolver? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 9:26 am

DeathCult wrote:
I liked a couple songs well enough to buy it originally, but they're a very bland band. I couldn't tell you a single track by them, nothing sticks.

And that is my problem with both albums
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Velvet Revolver? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver?   Velvet Revolver? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Velvet Revolver?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Workshop :: Thick As A Brick :: Dr. Music-
Jump to: