The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One)

Go down 
+4
MetalGuy71
chewie
manny
S.D.
8 posters

Which album do you like best...and why?
Meddle
Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One) I_vote_lcap63%Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One) I_vote_rcap
 63% [ 5 ]
Dark Side Of The Moon
Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One) I_vote_lcap37%Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One) I_vote_rcap
 37% [ 3 ]
I hate 'em both
Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One) I_vote_lcap0%Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One) Empty
PostSubject: Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One)   Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 3:45 am

Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One) Ae5eb2c008a0ba9678409010.L._AA300_
Meddle?

or

Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One) 31ESVCFE0SL._SL500_AA300_
Dark Side Of The Moon?

Back to top Go down
manny

manny

PostSubject: Re: Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One)   Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 9:10 am

I choose 'Meddle' because I have it is an excellent album, I am not sure if it really is a better album then 'Dark Side' but it certainly drew the blueprint for that album, setting the stage and IMO was the first Pink Floyd album that had their signature sound.

Also features one of my favorite songs from Pink Floyd songs 'Echoes'
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One)   Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 11:41 am

Damn, that's a tough one!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One)   Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 11:42 am

I chose Dark Side because I've never heard Meddle. Been meaning to, just never got around to it yet. My Floyd collection is growing at a snail's pace.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One)   Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 12:49 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I chose Dark Side because I've never heard Meddle. Been meaning to, just never got around to it yet. My Floyd collection is growing at a snail's pace.

Meddle is actually my favorite Floyd album. Wish You Were Here and Animals running close behind...but that's a story for another thread...

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One)   Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 2:13 pm

Meddle by light-years, not a bad song in the whole bloody lot. It's my fave Floyd and Dark Side is not even in my top 5.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One)   Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 3:51 pm

I finally decided and went with Meddle. I really like both but Echoes kicks ass and radio has killed a lot of Dark Side for me.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One)   Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 5:38 pm

This could be hardest for me, Dark Side was the first Pink Floyd album I heard and I played it religiously every night before I went to bed for about 2 years (no kidding). I love the album, it's been overplayed, but it's a damn near "perfect" record.

But I voted for Meddle.

David Gilmour predominates on this album, making it the most "tuneful" record Pink Floyd had recorded up to that point. He sounds like he matured fully on this album, emerging as both an amazing guitarist but also a warm and emotive vocalist. David always helped to balance out Roger's odder tendencies. Dark Side has more Waters, while Meddle is all Gilmour's show.

As mentioned, there isn't a single bad song on the album, not a single false moment. This was an album that I used to invariably play twice in a row, flipping the LP over again and again.

If you want to try something really fun...plays "Echoes" while watching the final segment of 2001: A Space Odyssey. (Jupiter And Beyond The Infinite)
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One)   Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 11:37 pm

Meddle, although Darkside is a perfect album as well.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One)   Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:45 am

Had to go with Dark Side as it is better known to me, Meddle I had only heard Echoes from it,since then I've jammed it and it is awesome, but it still needs to grow on me, were as Dark Side is excellent and holds good memories, but I have to be in the mood for it as it is way too overplayed.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One)   Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 12:05 am

If I could pick any recording from this era, I would go with Live At Pompeii.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One)   Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 3:44 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

And the Floyd discography grows again...

Just picked up a copy of Meddle this past week. Another great album that I've missed all these years. And no "radio hits", I love it! A little
weird in some places (the howling dog?) but very listenable. Looking forward to spending more time with it.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One)   Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 4:23 pm

I would also recommend picking up "Obscured By Clouds", it came out between Meddle and Dark Side...about half instrumental (it was actually a movie soundtrack), some real nice songs on it and I tend to listen to both of those albums together.

Here's one of my favorite songs from it (the intro is about a minute long, so stick with it).

Back to top Go down
metalh

metalh

PostSubject: Re: Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One)   Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 1:18 am

Can't play that video due to EMI... I have Meddle, but I have not given it a fair listen. I will do so and then I will vote.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One)   Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pink Floyd - Choose (Part One)
Page 1 of 1