The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

R.I.P. Alex Steinweiss

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SpectreFate
Smug Prick
SpectreFate

R.I.P. Alex Steinweiss Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. Alex Steinweiss   R.I.P. Alex Steinweiss I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 3:36 pm

I heard this on the radio last week and meant to post it but forgot....

Alex Steinweiss has died. What makes him significant to the general populace is he is considered the father of the album cover. Apparently before he came into the business, albums were sold with plain single colored covers. Steinweiss had the vision to see that adding art to the albums would improve sales, and improve they did. If I remember correctly, the albums with artwork sold 8,000% percent more than the plain covers. Honestly, where would the music medium be without the artwork? Food for thought.

http://www.theatlantic.com/life/archive/2011/07/rip-alex-steinweiss-the-father-of-the-album-cover/242292/

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Alex Steinweiss   R.I.P. Alex Steinweiss I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Never heard of the man, but if he's as important as that article made him out to be (he is), then I bid him farewell and say thanks for hard work and memories you help create.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Alex Steinweiss   R.I.P. Alex Steinweiss I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 4:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Never heard of the man, but if he's as important as that article made him out to be (he is), then I bid him farewell and say thanks for hard work and memories you help create.

Ditto.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Alex Steinweiss   R.I.P. Alex Steinweiss I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 5:54 pm

Thanks for giving stoners something to do while the LP is playing.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Alex Steinweiss   R.I.P. Alex Steinweiss I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Alex Steinweiss
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Workshop :: Thick As A Brick :: Dr. Music-
Jump to: