The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OK, this is pretty bad-ass....

Go down 
+4
gershom
SpectreFate
S.D.
Fat Freddy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

OK, this is pretty bad-ass.... Empty
PostSubject: OK, this is pretty bad-ass....   OK, this is pretty bad-ass.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 6:31 pm

I belong to a Facebook group devoted to my old home town (Paramus, New Jersey) and while perusing the random photos posted by other members of our beloved town from days gone by, I saw this vintage concert ticket...

OK, this is pretty bad-ass.... N540113580_1905824_1831478

BLACK SABBATH played a fuckin' concert in MY HOME TOWN in 1971!! How fucking COOL is that? The show was sponsored by an Episcopal Church no less!!

The guy who posted the pic sez he was there and that he's got photos of Ozzy and the band getting out of their limo in front of the theater, but he hasn't posted'em (or at least if he did, I couldn't find'em...)

Unfortunately, I was a toddler at the time this concert took place so I wasn't there, but still.... that's pretty freakin' bad ass!!! And here I thought nothing cool ever happened in Paramus!!

I used to go to movies in this theatre all the time when I was growing up and had no idea that at one time they used the place to host concerts too. The guy who posted the pic sez that Brewer & Shipley ("One Toke Over the Line") also did a gig there at one time, but Sabbath was louder ("My father still swears he heard it from a mile away," hahaha!).

You really do learn something new every day!!!
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: OK, this is pretty bad-ass....   OK, this is pretty bad-ass.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 7:02 pm

That's awesome. My Dad was working as a security guard at Gulf Coast Arena in Biloxi during the summer of '71. He also got to meet Sabbath and hang out a little bit with them after the show. He said they were very cool, and that Ozzy was very drunk.

Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Smug Prick
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: OK, this is pretty bad-ass....   OK, this is pretty bad-ass.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 7:14 pm

I always liked the Episcopals. Smile
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: OK, this is pretty bad-ass....   OK, this is pretty bad-ass.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 8:02 am

Wow FF that is pretty bad ass, it gives a person a reason to be proud of there home town, I was told Tommy Bolin once played right here in my home town, I thought that was pretty cool for a small town, but man you got that beat by a long shot, Black Sabbath in a church no less that truly is bad ass.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: OK, this is pretty bad-ass....   OK, this is pretty bad-ass.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 1:21 pm

COOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: OK, this is pretty bad-ass....   OK, this is pretty bad-ass.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 10:25 pm

That's awesome!
Back to top Go down
Shawn

Shawn

PostSubject: Re: OK, this is pretty bad-ass....   OK, this is pretty bad-ass.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 2:05 pm

I wasn't even born when that show happened...I was born 6 months later...
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: OK, this is pretty bad-ass....   OK, this is pretty bad-ass.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 2:14 pm

Shawn wrote:
I wasn't even born when that show happened...I was born 6 months later...

Hell man, 6 months later and I still wasn't even sperm in the sack yet.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: OK, this is pretty bad-ass....   OK, this is pretty bad-ass.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 11:27 am

March of '71, I was still cooking in momma's belly. Pretty cool, FF.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OK, this is pretty bad-ass....   OK, this is pretty bad-ass.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OK, this is pretty bad-ass....
Page 1 of 1