The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My component stereo

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SpectreFate
Smug Prick
SpectreFate

My component stereo Empty
PostSubject: My component stereo   My component stereo I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 11:04 pm

So I've been playing the shit out of my old trusty JVC CD deck on my component dinosaur stereo (which still works great, BTW). The only thing I've changed since piecing it together in 1992 is speakers. I was just curious to see how much a CD deck would cost if this JVC workhorse gives up the ghost, and I'll be damned! I can't find one anywhere! Do they even still make CD decks for home stereos?
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: My component stereo   My component stereo I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 11:27 pm

I haven't seen one in a while, not even at Wal-Mart, my daughter wanted a CD stereo 5-disc changer w/an iPod loading dock and it was hell finding one. And that was 2 years ago. I bought a Philips 3 disc changer in '03 w/a cd burner that takes blank cd's that are different from blanks for computers and I haven't seen those kind of blanks for my Philips for at least 5 years or so. I lucked out that mt job was giving away old stereos etc and found a receiver.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: My component stereo   My component stereo I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 11:31 pm

Just buy a blu-ray player man, they have much better transports and higher fidelity. They are cheap as hell and will play all the formats.

Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Smug Prick
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: My component stereo   My component stereo I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 11:39 pm

S.D. wrote:
Just buy a blu-ray player man, they have much better transports and higher fidelity. They are cheap as hell and will play all the formats.

I understand that, but my video and audio experiences happen in 2 different wings of my palatial estate.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: My component stereo   My component stereo I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 11:54 pm

what I'm saying is that the blu ray player makes an excellent stand alone player for CDs, you don't have to even hook it up to a monitor. The current models still have analog audio jacks on the back..though I hear that will be going away soon.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My component stereo   My component stereo I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My component stereo
Page 1 of 1