The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Below The Funk

Go down 
+2
Stender
DeathCult
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

Below The Funk Empty
PostSubject: Below The Funk   Below The Funk I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 11:36 pm

Below The Funk Rick-James-Bustin-Out-459721

Its time to start bustin' out the funk! Rick James has always been one of my favorite artists, some truly rad and nasty sounding funk thrown out which can't be rivaled. Whether its the classic Street Songs or Bustin' Out. Any other fans of Rick or some other funk?

Back to top Go down
Stender
Delicious Vomit
Stender

Below The Funk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Below The Funk   Below The Funk I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 12:05 pm

Curtis mayfield ia a badass as well. That bustin out by rick james is a killer album.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

Below The Funk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Below The Funk   Below The Funk I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 10:33 pm

I am sad to say that I know nothin of the funk. I come from the whitest whitebread family ever. My Dad was an Elvis/Everly Brothers/Dean Martin fan and my Mom was into the Beatles, Jim Croce, John Denver, etc. There was no funk in Casa Del Little Freddy.

I like what I hear in them two YouTubes tho obviously I don't know my Parliament from my Herbie Hancock from my Commodores or whatever. Knum'sayin' dawgs?
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Below The Funk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Below The Funk   Below The Funk I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 10:44 pm

I'm more into the instrumental side of funk...so stuff like Herbie Hancock's Headhunters is more up my alley. But I do love Parliament, early Kool & The Gang, Earth, Wind & Fire, Graham Central Station, Isley Brothers, etc.

Here's one of my favorite funk tunes....

Back to top Go down
Stender
Delicious Vomit
Stender

Below The Funk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Below The Funk   Below The Funk I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 11:36 pm

Detuned wrote:
I'm more into the instrumental side of funk...so stuff like Herbie Hancock's Headhunters is more up my alley. But I do love Parliament, early Kool & The Gang, Earth, Wind & Fire, Graham Central Station, Isley Brothers, etc.

Here's one of my favorite funk tunes....

I had the pleasure to see Herbie hancock in 2006. He was way blazed on stage, it was awesome.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

Below The Funk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Below The Funk   Below The Funk I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 12:17 am

Not really funk, but damn I love this track. I used to play air bass to this all the time as a kid and rediscovered it thanks to Jackie Brown. Pure gold! horny
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Below The Funk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Below The Funk   Below The Funk I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 1:09 am

This is one of my all-time favorite soul/funk tunes from the 70's...performed by the composer.

Shuggie Otis

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Below The Funk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Below The Funk   Below The Funk I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 1:13 am

...and a REAL funky one, that shows off the rad guitar skills. The tune has a very Steely Dan kinda vibe to it.

Back to top Go down
Special Guest
Easy Target
Special Guest

Below The Funk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Below The Funk   Below The Funk I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 6:34 pm

Funka-fucking-delic! drunken

Wild Cherry were vastly underrated. They had so many other great funky unes in addition "Blah Blah Blah White Boy".
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

Below The Funk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Below The Funk   Below The Funk I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:40 pm

Dunno if this is "funk" but it certainly is bad-ass. Nicely animated (in the Robert Crumb/Ralph Bakshi style) too!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Below The Funk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Below The Funk   Below The Funk I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:51 pm

Great list of artist by all y'all! I'll add Prince, Mandrill, Con Funk Shun, Bar-Kays, B.T. Express, Cameo, Slave, The Gap Band, Mingo Fishtrap, Gargamel!, to name a few.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Below The Funk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Below The Funk   Below The Funk I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 3:43 pm

The Joe Simon track has a kick ass riff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Below The Funk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Below The Funk   Below The Funk I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Below The Funk
Page 1 of 1