The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vocalist Deathmatch

Go down 
+6
theJOKERiv
DeathCult
Akeldama
gershom
SpectreFate
S.D.
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Vocalist Deathmatch Empty
PostSubject: Vocalist Deathmatch   Vocalist Deathmatch I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 2:27 pm

Round #1

Ian Gillan vs. Ronnie James Dio

Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Smug Prick
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist Deathmatch   Vocalist Deathmatch I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 2:32 pm

DIO for me. He held it together and still sounded pretty good at the end. Gillan killed his upper range years ago.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist Deathmatch   Vocalist Deathmatch I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 2:50 pm

Ians good but it's DIO all the way man.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist Deathmatch   Vocalist Deathmatch I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 5:11 pm

Man Ian has few superiors but Dio's got 'I'm beat. Gillan has a killer range but Dio can sing in smooth dulcet tones and scream his ass off and he sound good doing both.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist Deathmatch   Vocalist Deathmatch I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 5:34 pm

It's almost a tie for me. But I have to go with Gillan just by a hair, mainly because he's recorded many different styles and sounded comfortable in all of them. Dio is one of my favorites, but there's a common musical thread between all of his recordings.

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist Deathmatch   Vocalist Deathmatch I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 5:52 pm

Ian Gillan
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist Deathmatch   Vocalist Deathmatch I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 6:00 pm

S.D. wrote:
It's almost a tie for me. But I have to go with Gillan just by a hair, mainly because he's recorded many different styles and sounded comfortable in all of them. Dio is one of my favorites, but there's a common musical thread between all of his recordings.

I think Elf was different enough but some Rainbow stuff was reminiscent of Elf but his Doo-Wop stuff is bad ass too and unlike any of his latter works.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist Deathmatch   Vocalist Deathmatch I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 5:35 pm

Next match:

Brad Delp vs Geoff Tate
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist Deathmatch   Vocalist Deathmatch I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 7:06 pm

Delp. I hate Geoff Tate.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist Deathmatch   Vocalist Deathmatch I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 7:16 pm

Bigger fan of old Queensryche than Boston, so going with Geoff
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist Deathmatch   Vocalist Deathmatch I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 8:06 am

Brad Delp
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist Deathmatch   Vocalist Deathmatch I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 10:49 am

woof! These are tough ones:

I'm gonna go with Dio

and

Geoff Tate (with Delp just being barely edged out, by a razors edge mind you. Damn I love the first two Boston albums!!!!!)
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist Deathmatch   Vocalist Deathmatch I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 11:59 am

I gotta go with Tate as well, Delp was a helluva singer with great range but his voice irks me at times. Tate, especially on the earlier stuff was top notch. His voice is shot nowadays.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist Deathmatch   Vocalist Deathmatch I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 12:07 pm

Round 1 - Dio. Great up until the very end.

Round 2 - Tate. Don't know enough Boston to compare, really.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist Deathmatch   Vocalist Deathmatch I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 3:13 pm

I think Dio sounded fantastic on The Devil You Know, so I would say he was great all the way to the end.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist Deathmatch   Vocalist Deathmatch I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 3:40 pm

S.D. wrote:
I think Dio sounded fantastic on The Devil You Know, so I would say he was great all the way to the end.

I saw him on the last Heaven & Hell tour and he pulled it off live too. The man was outstanding.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist Deathmatch   Vocalist Deathmatch I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 3:45 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
S.D. wrote:

I saw him on the last Heaven & Hell tour and he pulled it off live too. The man was outstanding.

Agree on both counts. The Heaven And Hell show I atteneded was probably the best I'd ever seen Dio live actually, and I saw him a few times.

Despite the fact he was great to the end though, I still like Gillan better because of the diversity.

And the guy was on Born Again, seriously, do you think I'd vote otherwise? lol!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist Deathmatch   Vocalist Deathmatch I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 3:46 pm

And out of the last one, I'd have to go with Delp. I like Queensryche quite a bit, but Delp had a much better voice and was absolutely EXPLOSIVE live.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist Deathmatch   Vocalist Deathmatch I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 4:55 pm

I'm not really a Boston fan, but the dude had an exceptional voice, his range was impressive.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist Deathmatch   Vocalist Deathmatch I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 12:11 pm

Next up:

Vocalist Deathmatch 9k= vs Vocalist Deathmatch Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTD-BUn-0JbjsuSvIVSdaUVKE1Bnxc7-AfDvtE8l1sXLXwzywFJEQ
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist Deathmatch   Vocalist Deathmatch I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 1:40 am

Both are really great singers with a lot of versatility. Mercury is prolly the more imaginitive but Plant is more primal in his delivery. I gotta go with Robert Plant.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist Deathmatch   Vocalist Deathmatch I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 4:05 am

I had to think about this but, yeah Robert Plant, I just dig more Led Zep over Queen.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist Deathmatch   Vocalist Deathmatch I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 1:27 am

Yeah mine is definitely a matter of preference but in all honesty Mercury is prolly the best Rock singer of all time in many peoples minds due to his versatility in all aspects of the game. He was quite the showman as well.

Last edited by Akeldama on Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist Deathmatch   Vocalist Deathmatch I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 11:03 pm

Akeldama wrote:
Yeah mine is definitely a matter of preference but in all honesty Mercury is prolly the best Rock singer of all time in my peoples minds due to his versatility in all aspects of the game. He was quite the showman as well.

I think you liked the tight pants too affraid
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist Deathmatch   Vocalist Deathmatch I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 11:29 pm

Plant. I think of Mercury as more of a "performer" than strictly a vocalist, because his personality was so important to making Queen work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vocalist Deathmatch   Vocalist Deathmatch I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vocalist Deathmatch
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next