The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rainbow lives...courtesy of Opeth

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Rainbow lives...courtesy of Opeth Empty
PostSubject: Rainbow lives...courtesy of Opeth   Rainbow lives...courtesy of Opeth I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 3:30 pm

Opeth - Slither

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow lives...courtesy of Opeth   Rainbow lives...courtesy of Opeth I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 1:18 pm

This song is "Dedicated to the memory of Ronnie James Dio", now I understand why it sounds like a lost Rainbow track from Rising.

Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow lives...courtesy of Opeth   Rainbow lives...courtesy of Opeth I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 2:52 pm

I decided to check this out. They are definitely moving into the Porcupine Tree(Lightulb Sun/ Stupid Dream era)/Mars Volta type prog(the songs Nepenthe and Haxprocess are the examples). Oh WAIT!!! and a Heavy 70s vibe. Famine sounds like the bastard child of King Crimson(In the Court...) and Early Jethro Tull.

I like what I hear!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow lives...courtesy of Opeth   Rainbow lives...courtesy of Opeth I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 3:04 pm

This is probably my favorite track on the album so far.
Back to top Go down
Shawn

Shawn

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow lives...courtesy of Opeth   Rainbow lives...courtesy of Opeth I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 3:31 pm

S.D. wrote:
This song is "Dedicated to the memory of Ronnie James Dio", now I understand why it sounds like a lost Rainbow track from Rising.

I was listening to Heritage in the car last night and I got to what I can only assume now is this song because I immediately thought "Damn that sounds like old Rainbow!"

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow lives...courtesy of Opeth   Rainbow lives...courtesy of Opeth I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rainbow lives...courtesy of Opeth
Page 1 of 1