The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Black Sabbath

Go down 
+2
Akeldama
theJOKERiv
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

Black Sabbath Empty
PostSubject: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 3:38 pm

So, what does everyone think of the new album/world tour announcement?

Personally, I wish they had a picked a different producer than Rick "can't see the red on the mixing console" Rubin, but at least Sharon can't tell him what to do. Regardless, this will be a first day purchase (and pre-release leak listen). Tony and Geezer write the music anyway and they can make Ozzy sound good in the studio. The only worry is Rick Rubin screws up the mix/mastering of it to point of Death Magnetic.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Black Sabbath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 3:54 pm

I wasn't at all surprised at the announcement of a new album but getting Rubin to produce was. I wonder if they'll use any material they recorded in the '90s when they were to have an album out. I just hope Rubin stands his ground w/Sharon.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

Black Sabbath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 7:20 pm

Akeldama wrote:
I wasn't at all surprised at the announcement of a new album but getting Rubin to produce was. I wonder if they'll use any material they recorded in the '90s when they were to have an album out. I just hope Rubin stands his ground w/Sharon.

Rubin is bigger in the music world than Sharon - she probably has to kiss his ass
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Black Sabbath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 12:20 am

Honestly, if this was 10 years ago I might be more interested...but now? No. I'll surely give it a listen but I'm not "looking forward to it".

I wish Iommi had just moved on to something else.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Smug Prick
SpectreFate

Black Sabbath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 1:09 am

S.D. wrote:
Honestly, if this was 10 years ago I might be more interested...but now? No. I'll surely give it a listen but I'm not "looking forward to it".

I wish Iommi had just moved on to something else.

I'm surprised by this response, but I wholeheartedly agree. Best of luck to them.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Black Sabbath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 1:15 am

It's the current state of Ozzy that makes this of no interest to me. I'm all for Iommi/Geezer & Ward to play together again...but Ozzy will find a way to ruin it.

Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Smug Prick
SpectreFate

Black Sabbath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 1:35 am

S.D. wrote:
It's the current state of Ozzy that makes this of no interest to me. I'm all for Iommi/Geezer & Ward to play together again...but Ozzy will find a way to ruin it.

I couldn't agree more. You are a prophet, my friend.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Black Sabbath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 2:25 am

Good point SD but hopefully Ozzy will follow the musical template the rest of 'em set down.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

Black Sabbath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 12:02 pm

I'm skeptical at best. Do I want it to be awesome? Of course.

But given Ozzy's current condition (burnt-out) and listening to his last over-produced, auto-tuned album, I'm not getting my hopes up. And as I mentioned on another board, this album will have the huge task of being better than Heaven & Hell.

With so much pressure on them, I can't imagine they will release a total turd of an album, ala St. Anger. But just how good it will be remains to be seen.

Having Rick Rubin attached to the project doesn't really bother me one way or the other. Regardless of how much or how little he actually produces, if he brings out the best in the artist, then I'm cool with it. The loudness wars stuff can be a bit annoying, but I'm not that fine tuned myself, so it doesn't bother me.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Black Sabbath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 12:37 pm

I think it'll still be good, I don't think it'll be Master Of Reality meets Scream.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

Black Sabbath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 9:11 pm

I'm sure I'll like it. I'm more interested in the tour (DAMN wouldn't that be cool if they did it with Blue Oyster Cult?). As far as looking forward to the album goes, meh not really. The music will be great, but Ozzy sounds awful, even with the auto tune. Not really worried about Rubin either.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Black Sabbath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 10:48 pm

They did tour w/BOC, I have the DVD files of it. It was the Black & Blue tour.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

Black Sabbath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 11:09 pm

Akeldama wrote:
They did tour w/BOC, I have the DVD files of it. It was the Black & Blue tour.

Yeah I know, I've got the DVD. It'd be cool to see it done again though. Not to mention actually be able to attend the concert
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Black Sabbath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 3:13 am

I'm just gonna use this as the "official" Sab thread of the boards.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Black Sabbath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 3:47 pm

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Black Sabbath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 3:48 pm

I saw that article yesterday, cool that they are going to be working on the new record there.

I just hope Ozzy has enough gas left in the tank not to drag the whole album down in the process.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Black Sabbath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 3:51 pm

I think if Iommi and Geezer do the writing and with the magic of the recording studio, Oz'll do just fine. Like I said before I don't expect Scream meets Master Of Reality...
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Black Sabbath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 4:10 pm

I just don't want it to end up embarrassing, an album to drag down their reputation instead of enhance it. However, I think Iommi's health problems could inspire the proceedings.

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

Black Sabbath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 5:27 pm

Well hopefully they don't ruin it with autotune or something. I'm fairly confident in Bill, Tony and Geezer. Ozzy's vocals are just so shot.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Black Sabbath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 1:23 am

I hope Bill can handle recording an album as well. I know Ozzy has suffered from age and entropy especially the last decade or so but for some odd reason I think he'll do a good job. Don't ask me why, I just have a feeling. I'd prefer to have the original mix of Mob Rules Dio talked about around the time Mob Rules came out or some unreleased, etc. stuff from the Dio era over a new album w/Ozzy anyday.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Black Sabbath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 1:27 am

Bill will be fine. He was originally supposed to play on The Devil You Know, but Dio had a hard time with drummers that play time as fluidly as Ward, Dio preferred it real straight ahead. That's why Dio brought in Appice, he's almost the exact stylistic opposite of Ward.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Black Sabbath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 1:46 am

Bill and Geezer are the best rhythm section in Rock/Metal history. I just remember reading on how ill Bill always was...
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Black Sabbath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 8:42 am

I just knew Bill would be the one to bring the Sabbath mobile to a halt somehow, I can understand where he's coming from though.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Black Sabbath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by :
BLACK SABBATH | World Tour Canceled

The legendary band has just confirmed that they'll only play one show with Iommi due to the cancer he was detected. The show will take place next June 10 at "Download Festival".

Also, it was confirmed that some other concerts will be performed under the name of Ozzy & FRIENDS and will feature surprise guests.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Black Sabbath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 11:47 pm

It's sad but I'd rather Tony take it easy and have a chance to recover.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Black Sabbath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Sabbath
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next