The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Type O Negative

Go down 
+3
Fat Freddy
S.D.
Akeldama
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Type O Negative   Type O Negative I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 9:09 pm

Yay? or Nay? Personally I like 'em a lot. So what are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 9:40 pm

I liked the first album they did, but the whole "gothic" thing just wasn't my bag.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 9:57 pm

They are the only Goth band I like, I like their sense of humor. The first album i think is ok, it just drags on too much for me, but I do like Xero Tolerance a lot.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 10:06 pm

I was a BIG fan of these guys early on. I had loved Pete Steele's previous band, Carnivore, so when SLOW DEEP & HARD came out I jumped on that right away.

Saw them live quite a few times during the SLOW DEEP/BLOODY KISSES era (circa 91-95)... as a matter of fact, I think the first time I saw 'em (at a dump on Staten Island, in the middle of a multi-band bill headlined by Prong) the SLOW DEEP album wasn't even out yet. They were pulling in a pretty scary crowd in those days, there were a lot of leftover Nazi skins there who had the wrong idea about the song "Jesus Hitler" from Pete's Carnivore days.

The last time I saw'em was 1995 when they were opening for Queensryche on their PROMISED LAND tour. Always thought it was kinda cool that I'd followed'em out of the toilet clubs of the world to the semi-big time.

By the time OCTOBER RUST hit they were a little too "goth" and not quite enough "metal" for me though, I started losing interest in 'em around that time. Though I will say that their last album DEAD AGAIN showed some promise.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 1:25 pm

I owned October Rust at one time, but it didn't do much for me and I never bothered to investigate any further. Too much other stuff I'd rather look into.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 12:03 pm

I think Type O Negative was a great band that was under appreciated for what they did, when they were hard is was good, when they were soft it was still good. The first album I heard was Bloody Kisses and loved it, the first album I bought was October Rust and even though it was somewhat different then the previous I still loved it. I would say don't judge the band on just the songs off of October Rust, I know lots of folks that didn't care for that one too much, but the albums that came after: World Coming Down, Life is Killing Me and Dead Again have some good heavy hitters, and traveling back I would have to agree with Akeldama that Slow Deep and Hard although a good album, it drags on at points. So to you MetalGuy71 I would say don't turn away on account of 1 album, give Type O another chance, they in my opinion just kept getting better.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 2:24 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
I liked the first album they did, but the whole "gothic" thing just wasn't my bag.

I tend not to really look at the "Gothic" in 'em, they were humorous and dark as well, Insurgentes is in the same vein even though they aren't the same in a sense they are.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 5:09 pm

A friend lent me Bloody Kisses, but it didn't do anything for me so I never bothered with anything else.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 6:57 pm

The first album wasn't too bad, but their style wasn't really my thing.

Now Steele's first band CARNIVORE on the other hand, great records. microdeath
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 4:05 pm

DeathCult wrote:

Now Steele's first band CARNIVORE on the other hand, great records. microdeath

Sheeeit yeah. RETALIATION for the win!!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 5:20 pm

Carnivore does kick ass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Type O Negative
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Workshop :: Thick As A Brick :: Dr. Music-
Jump to: