The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Alice Cooper

Go down 
+5
DeathCult
Akeldama
manny
S.D.
Shawn
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn

Shawn

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 1:19 pm

I've always liked Alice Cooper in passing. I've heard the hits and liked them on the radio, etc. I also like watching interviews with him...he seems so down to earth and matter of fact. But I've never delved head-first into his album...until now.

Over the last couple months, I've acquired Goes To Hell, Killer and Love It To Death...

We shall see what happens over time, but now seeing as these albums are all "new to me", I really dig them...there's just an undeniable presence that oozes cool about them. His lyrics are fantastic and the music pretty much rocks.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 1:49 pm

I love those early to mid 70's Alice Cooper recordings, that's the real meat of his catalog in my opinion. My favorite album is probably a toss up between either Love It To Death or Welcome To My Nightmare.
Back to top Go down

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 2:17 pm

Hey The S,

I have these Alice CDs for trade (they were doubles in my collection), if you have anything to give......

Alice Cooper Goes to Hell
Constrictor
Billion Dollar Babies
Classicks
Trash
Raise Your Fist and Yell
Zipper Catches Skin
Back to top Go down
Shawn

Shawn

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 2:25 pm

I'm afraid I don't have anything good...

Pink Cream 69 - Electified (w/ bonus tracks)
Journey - Arrival
Skyliner - s/t EP
Aeon Zen - A Mind's Portrait (full-color slipcase promo)
The Wounded Kings - Visions Over Atlantic (full-color slipcase promo)

I might be able to come up with some more...I'll check tonight or tomorrow night...
Back to top Go down
manny

manny

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 10:34 am

S, I have a huge fan of Alice since I was 13, great stuff and I would recommend:

From the Inside
DA DA
Love it to Death
Killer
Billion Dollar Babies
Back to top Go down
Shawn

Shawn

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 10:59 am

Thanks Manny!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 2:15 pm

Anybody else but me like Pretties For You & Easy Action?
Back to top Go down

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 3:19 pm

Of course. Those two albums are weird classics.
Back to top Go down
Shawn

Shawn

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 4:43 pm

Akeldama wrote:
Anybody else but me like Pretties For You & Easy Action?

A buddy of mine in high school had these on vynil...I remember thinking it was weird to see Alice (Vince) w/ blonde hair...
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 9:45 pm

Special Forces is another must have IMO. Still my 2nd favorite all these years later.
Back to top Go down
manny

manny

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 9:56 pm

'Special Forces' is also one of my fav Cooper platters
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 11:02 pm

manny wrote:

I really think that record was a stroke of geinus, whether he remembers it or not. He successfully combined both styles he had been playing with, pretty damn awesome.
Back to top Go down
manny

manny

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 9:28 am

DeathCult wrote:
manny wrote:

I really think that record was a stroke of geinus, whether he remembers it or not. He successfully combined both styles he had been playing with, pretty damn awesome.

And guitar player on the disc is formerly of Iron Butterfly fame Mike Pinera, love every song on the disc, also discovered the band Love, due to his cover of 'Seven and Seven Is'
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 10:42 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Special Forces is another must have IMO. Still my 2nd favorite all these years later.

I recently acquired 'Special Forces-The Acetate Mixes' which sounds more raw than the original release. Good schtuff, Maynard.

I also like Lace & Whiskey a lot.
Back to top Go down
manny

manny

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 9:29 am

I used to hate 'Lace and Whiskey' and it is still not one of my favorite Cooper albums. It has some great tunes such as the title track, 'It's Hot Tonight' "Road Rats' all great songs but most of the album IMO is filled with too much filler material, not something Alice did not do too often.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 2:34 pm

Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 5:32 pm

The Sharpest Pain is a pretty good song, the Another Brick in the Wall Pt. 2 has some poor sound quality, but I guess that's to be expected from a live cut, sounds like someone recorded it on there cell phone? That's cool that Alice does a cover of this song, it would have been cool to here him do something lesser known by Floyd but rocks all the same. I wonder if Alice has ever covered any Dio stuff? I know Dio covered Welcome to my Nightmare, it would be interesting to here ol' Alice cover a Dio tune. Must look into this now.......
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 2:31 pm

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=155285

ALICE COOPER: Old-School Box Set Due In June - Mar. 14, 2011

Due in June, the original Alice Cooper group box set comes in a commemorative 12-inch square "school desk" box and includes:

** Four CDs from the years 1964-1974:

- Disc 1: Demos, rarities, live, and advertisements
- Disc 2: Demos from "Muscle Of Love", a pre-production of songs from "School's Out",1973 Madison Square Garden live track, and advertisements.
- Disc 3: Spoken word
- Disc 4: Live show of the 1971 "Killer" tour in St. Louis

* DVD (single disc in Amaray case) with three never-before-seen features (over two hours)

64-page, full-color yearbook style book with hard front and back cover:

- Period pictures of all band members, many never before seen
- Book written by Lonn Friend, a well-known heavy metal journalist

Gatefold folder containing:

- Two tour programs
- Ticket stubs
- Set list
- Five prints

* Bootleg Vinyl: 1971 "Killer" live show in St. Louis
* Seven-inch vinyl: Songs "Wonder Whose Lovin' Her Now" and "Lay Down & Die, Goodbye" from The Nazz
* Immediate download of the "Elected" music video (AliceCooper.com exclusive) — available as a M4V or MOV download as soon as you complete the pre-order transaction.

Price: $260.00

Pre-order at this location.

http://alicecooper.com/pre-order
Back to top Go down
Shawn

Shawn

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 1:25 pm

I need to get back on the Alice Cooper ball...
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 6:53 pm

I'm going to pick up some Alice the next time I go vinyl shopping. I've never owned those old Cooper records in any other format...and I don't want to.

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 1:12 am

I have that actual original tour program Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 9:54 am

My Cooper collection is kinda spotty. I'm slowly gathering up most of his 70's output and I have everything post-Last Temptation. I'm pretty much skipping most of the 80's and early 90's stuff. Alice kinda lost his way in the 80's as far as I'm concerned.
Back to top Go down
Shawn

Shawn

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 12:33 pm

I'm going to start grabbing Alice Cooper music in whatever CD format I can find...remastered, not remastered, special edition, original....I don't care. I almost got my hand on his Live & Crimes box set last week, but missed it...
Back to top Go down
manny

manny

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 8:39 am

Shawn wrote:
I'm going to start grabbing Alice Cooper music in whatever CD format I can find...remastered, not remastered, special edition, original....I don't care. I almost got my hand on his Live & Crimes box set last week, but missed it...

That is cool you have become a fan of Alice
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 12:22 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
My Cooper collection is kinda spotty. I'm slowly gathering up most of his 70's output and I have everything post-Last Temptation. I'm pretty much skipping most of the 80's and early 90's stuff. Alice kinda lost his way in the 80's as far as I'm concerned.

I would recommend getting "Raise Your Fist And Yell", that's his most "metal" album of the 80's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alice Cooper
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Workshop :: Thick As A Brick :: Dr. Music-
Jump to: