The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Thoughts Thread

Go down 
+8
SpectreFate
Fat Freddy
chewie
DeathCult
gershom
S.D.
Shawn
Akeldama
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Random Thoughts Thread - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 12:29 am

Good, cuz I'd hit it too. I thought I was weird for that...
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 10:24 pm

You guys have a mommy complex going on, not breast feed enough as a child or overly breast feed, you pick, ewwwww....... Random Thoughts Thread - Page 30 1904668576
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Smug Prick
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 7:07 pm

Damn I miss Kevin DuBrow.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 8:39 pm

Why so Spec? You want more QR?
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Smug Prick
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Akeldama wrote:
Why so Spec? You want more QR?

Yeah. I loved QR. They were going in the right direction with Rehab.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 9:51 pm

I totally agree...

Walk by Pantera and Pantera in general irk the hell outta me.
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 10:01 pm

Akeldama wrote:
I totally agree...

Walk by Pantera and Pantera in general irk the hell outta me.

Really? Pantera is one of the only groove metal bands I can actually stand. I kinda wish Phil wouldn't have fucked up his vocal chords yelling about everything. I mean, just go listen to "Cemetery Gates" or anything off of Power Metal and tell me he didn't have the potential to be the next Rob Halford. And Dime was a fucking great guitarist; I wish bands today would acknowledge that their genre's archetypal band had guitar solos that were actually pretty innovative and original.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 10:56 pm

I can understand why people like Pantera so much but I've never cared for Dime's playing. I really dig Phil's vox in Down and SJR.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 9:11 pm

Anybody else a fan of the Terry Kath era of Chicago besides me?
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 9:39 pm

...Guess not *crickets*
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 9:42 pm

Akeldama wrote:
...Guess not *crickets*

I really don't know much about Chicago. What era are we talking about?

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 9:46 pm

From the Chicago Transit Authority to XI but mostly the first 5 albums.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 9:54 pm

Akeldama wrote:

Was he the guy that sang Color My World?

I'm really only familiar with Chicago through collections, I never got to know the original albums. Chicago Transit Authority I've owned for quite awhile, but that's the only one I have right now.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 10:19 pm

Yes, he sung that song. Dude the first 5 albums are essential, I'll post some tunes after the Thanksgiving break or earlier if I can, I got jury duty tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 11:00 pm

21% alcohol content is not nearly enough in my rum
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 11:28 pm

Then buy some Everclear and Red Bull.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 11:32 pm

S.D. wrote:
Akeldama wrote:

Was he the guy that sang Color My World?

I'm really only familiar with Chicago through collections, I never got to know the original albums. Chicago Transit Authority I've owned for quite awhile, but that's the only one I have right now.

Don't let that song discourage you though, he was a bad ass guitar player of whom even Hendrix said was better than Jimi himself!
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 1:35 pm

Akeldama wrote:
Yes, he sung that song. Dude the first 5 albums are essential, I'll post some tunes after the Thanksgiving break or earlier if I can, I got jury duty tomorrow.

Sorry, I've been working wacky hours gearing up for turkey day.

I would have to agree with that about Chicago. I hella dig that song Hit By Varèse off of V. It sounds like it could have been an ELP tune.... with horns!
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 3:03 pm

I find it humorous that the dispensary I frequent is directly across the street from Jim Henson's Workshop...it ain't easy being green.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 4:12 pm

chewie wrote:
Akeldama wrote:

Sorry, I've been working wacky hours gearing up for turkey day.

I would have to agree with that about Chicago. I hella dig that song Hit By Varèse off of V. It sounds like it could have been an ELP tune.... with horns!

Yeah chewie you nailed it, Hit By Varese is the tune I was gonna post. I think it's better than anything ELP ever did.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 4:16 pm

S.D. wrote:
I find it humorous that the dispensary I frequent is directly across the street from Jim Henson's Workshop...it ain't easy being green.

Nice, that would make it all that much more enjoyable for a Henson nut like myself.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 1:43 am

Blue Öyster Cult IS everything.
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 2:56 am

Just listened to Tales From Topographic Oceans on YouTube; and I'm wondering, what is it that a lot of people don't like about it?

In my opinion, it's four great epic length prog tracks that are in the same formula of their earlier epics (like Close to the Edge or Gates of Delirium). And I found no immediate annoyances or anything of the sort on the first listen.

I guess I'll wait until I actually get the album and I'll spin it with some good headphones to better assess it.

But you have to remember, I'm a Yes fanboy Razz
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 11:09 am

Metal-On-Metal wrote:
Just listened to Tales From Topographic Oceans on YouTube; and I'm wondering, what is it that a lot of people don't like about it?

In my opinion, it's four great epic length prog tracks that are in the same formula of their earlier epics (like Close to the Edge or Gates of Delirium). And I found no immediate annoyances or anything of the sort on the first listen.

I guess I'll wait until I actually get the album and I'll spin it with some good headphones to better assess it.

But you have to remember, I'm a Yes fanboy Razz

I am not a Yes fanboy but it is fraking great album!!!!!
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 9:00 pm

Metal-On-Metal wrote:
In my opinion, it's four great epic length prog tracks that are in the same formula of their earlier epics (like Close to the Edge or Gates of Delirium).

I think that's what so called critics didn't like about it. I've always liked that album myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts Thread
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next