The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Carlos Santana/Santana Fusion Albums

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Carlos Santana/Santana Fusion Albums Empty
PostSubject: Carlos Santana/Santana Fusion Albums   Carlos Santana/Santana Fusion Albums I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 1:06 am

I have always been a big fan of Santana but in the last few years I've only really listened to his instrumentals and Fusion albums, which I'm doing right now and I wondered what y'all thought of his Fusion albums. Almost everybody I talk to about Santana disses the Fusion stuff but that's the stuff I prefer. So whaddaya think?
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Santana/Santana Fusion Albums   Carlos Santana/Santana Fusion Albums I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 7:00 pm

WowI I'm surprised nobody here likes Caravanserai, Welcome, Borboletta or Illuminations (to name a few). Carlos Santana/Santana Fusion Albums Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Santana/Santana Fusion Albums   Carlos Santana/Santana Fusion Albums I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:35 pm

Not a huge Santana fan actually. I haven't heard the fusion albums since hell, juinor high probably.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Santana/Santana Fusion Albums   Carlos Santana/Santana Fusion Albums I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:03 pm

Love, Devotion, Surrender with John McLaughlin is one of my favorites, primarily Coltrane tunes, very nice date.

Caravanserai is the only one I own a copy of. I need to check out some of those others. One of my friend is a big Santana nut, I'm sure he'll let me borrow a couple to check out.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Santana/Santana Fusion Albums   Carlos Santana/Santana Fusion Albums I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:17 pm

L,D,S is a great album! Out of the big 3 Santana Fusion albums I think Caravanserai is the weakest.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Santana/Santana Fusion Albums   Carlos Santana/Santana Fusion Albums I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 2:08 am

another good jazz-centered Santana performance, with tenor legend Wayne Shorter.

Carlos Santana/Santana Fusion Albums I44455u7yyi
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Santana/Santana Fusion Albums   Carlos Santana/Santana Fusion Albums I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 11:40 pm

I've heard that CD but don't own it. I just got on a kick where I hafta listen to some Santana Fusion, right now 'Promise Of The Fisherman' is kicking my ass!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Santana/Santana Fusion Albums   Carlos Santana/Santana Fusion Albums I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 10:42 pm

Being that Carlos has followed practically every trend I wonder if he truly loves Fusion that much or if it was just him following the '70s Fusion stuff.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Santana/Santana Fusion Albums   Carlos Santana/Santana Fusion Albums I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 1:36 am

Just got Lotus a week ago after not having it for a few years and man it's great to hear this album again...it's one of the best Fusion and live albums ever IMO, the Santana band even tears through some well-knows songs and gives them a Fusion flavor making them listenable again after being tired of the original versions. If you're tired of Santana's popular stuff, hate his '80s output (mostly due to the synths and sounding dated) or you hate the stuff he's put out with guest musicians and his covers album give Lotus a try.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Santana/Santana Fusion Albums   Carlos Santana/Santana Fusion Albums I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carlos Santana/Santana Fusion Albums
Page 1 of 1