The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Santana-Shapeshifter

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Santana-Shapeshifter Empty
PostSubject: Santana-Shapeshifter   Santana-Shapeshifter I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 2:14 pm

I didn't know that Santana had a new album out until a few days ago and then I found out yesterday that it's supposed to be an instrumental album and that it hearkens back to classic Santana so that really got me stoked. Personally, I prefer his Fusion stuff but this song sounds good enough to me.

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Santana-Shapeshifter   Santana-Shapeshifter I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 7:28 pm

I'll have to check Spotify to see if it's available. I haven't liked any Santana albums since the mid 70s, so it's going to take alot to turn me around.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Santana-Shapeshifter   Santana-Shapeshifter I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 9:00 pm

I like a couple of the early 80s albums and I even like the 3 studio albums since '99 in part. The covers album sucks as does most of his 80s and 90s output.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Santana-Shapeshifter   Santana-Shapeshifter I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 9:04 pm

Akeldama wrote:
I like a couple of the early 80s albums and I even like the 3 studio albums since '99 in part. The covers album sucks as does most of his 80s and 90s output.

The only Santana I really like from his later work is this one:

Santana-Shapeshifter 61Fwxy-sOzL._SL500_AA300_
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Santana-Shapeshifter   Santana-Shapeshifter I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 9:08 pm

Yeah, that's a good one too. I just hope that the rest of this new all instrumental album is better than that crap-tastic Blues For Salvador instrumental album, that was horrible.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Santana-Shapeshifter   Santana-Shapeshifter I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 12:22 am

Shapeshifter is not groundbreaking nor is it up to par with his Fusion stuff but it beats all the collaboration stuff.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Santana-Shapeshifter   Santana-Shapeshifter I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 1:54 am

I was listening to some Santana demos and live recordings from 1968 & 1969 recently and I gotta say he was at his peak during that era. The more famous he became the less interesting the material.

But that early stuff, wow, he was really something.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Santana-Shapeshifter   Santana-Shapeshifter I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 7:07 am

Demos? I think I saw you post a pre-S/T era album a while back, what was it again?
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Santana-Shapeshifter   Santana-Shapeshifter I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 11:52 am

Akeldama wrote:
Demos? I think I saw you post a pre-S/T era album a while back, what was it again?

It's a 3-disc set.

Santana-Shapeshifter 51RnUqwXNhL._SL500_AA300_
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Santana-Shapeshifter   Santana-Shapeshifter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Santana-Shapeshifter
Page 1 of 1