The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your stereo setup?

Go down 
+4
chewie
Akeldama
Shawn
S.D.
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

Your stereo setup? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your stereo setup?   Your stereo setup? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 4:45 pm

S.D. wrote:
Freddy. You do realize you can get really decent used stereo equipment from ebay and craigslist. I've seen really good amps for under $20 and there are speakers, CD players and turntables galore. You could probably put together a really decent mid-grade system for under $100.

Oh yeah, I know, but as I said, I hardly ever listen to music around the house anymore so I just haven't bothered. Very Happy

Someday when the kids are older and not in my back pocket all the time and I can actually sit back and ENJOY music in the evenings again without constant interruptions, then I'll worry about it.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Your stereo setup?   Your stereo setup? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 5:11 pm

I'm glad my 3 year old loves music as much as I do so everyday part of our "bonding time" together is doing our own thing in the music room jammin' some tuneage.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Your stereo setup?   Your stereo setup? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 6:11 pm

I stopped using earbuds when I fixed my over the ear Sony headphones. Took a little gorilla glue and got new pads from ebay........... viola!!!!
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: Your stereo setup?   Your stereo setup? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 6:16 pm

I'm just looking for convenience, and not complete shit quality with the earbuds.

I'm thinking maybe in the 70 dollar range for the over-the-ear headphones. Any specific suggestions?
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Your stereo setup?   Your stereo setup? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 6:06 pm

chewie wrote:
I have:

Technics SL-BD20 Turntable
Kenwood KD-3055 Turntable
Sony STR-DE 597 Receiver
Sony MDS JE-440 Minidisc Player/Recorder
Yamaha CDR- D651 Player/Recorder
Sony CDP-C20 5 disc carousel
Yamaha Speakers NS-A635(that I bought in the early 90s. They have a great bass response that is lost in these days of having to have a subwoofer)
Yamaha NS-A636 I'm going to use these as rear surround speakers.
A cheapo brand surround speaker system

I had a Sony Dual tape deck but it just died about a week ago(I'm gonna try to fix it)

Wow a lot has changed since then! My new setup since my Sony Receiver blew up:

I still have the Yamaha speakers and cheapo brand subs.
Dual 1219 Turntable w/Grado GF3 cart, 8MZ stylus loaded down
Pioneer PL-112D Turntable w/Grado G1 cart, MCZ stylus and a Shure M73PED cart for beat up Lps.
Pioneer PD-5010 Single CD Player
Pioneer QX-747 Quad Receiver
Outlaw Model 950 7.1 Preamp/Processor
Sony MDS JE-440 Minidisc Player/Recorder
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Your stereo setup?   Your stereo setup? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 6:18 pm

Metal-On-Metal wrote:
I'm just looking for convenience, and not complete shit quality with the earbuds.

I'm thinking maybe in the 70 dollar range for the over-the-ear headphones. Any specific suggestions?

What did you end up getting?

My Sonys finally gave up the ghost and I bought a pair of Grado SR60e Prestige Headphones on sale.
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: Your stereo setup?   Your stereo setup? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 9:41 pm

chewie wrote:
Metal-On-Metal wrote:

What did you end up getting?

My Sonys finally gave up the ghost and I bought a pair of Grado SR60e Prestige Headphones on sale.

Damn, I actually completely forgot what brand I got, as I haven't had them in probably a good two years. I let my kid sister borrow them and she broke them clean in half, haha. I remember I got them at Best Buy and they were around 70-80 bucks. Since then I've just been using some not-the-shittiest out there earbuds I got from Walgreens for 20 bucks.

I'm thinking before I go off to college this fall I'm gonna get a pair of Sennheiser HD 280s so I can listen to music in my dorm without disturbing the poor soul who I'm gonna room with. Otherwise I hope they like eclectic music. Laughing
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Your stereo setup?   Your stereo setup? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 6:37 pm

My only recent equipment change was getting a set of Audio Technica Studio Monitor headphones, love them.

I also have been slowly putting a workstation together, I have an ancient Mackie mixer that I saved from being thrown out (I need to take it apart and clean it) and also got a set of powered studio monitors given to me...so far my investment is $0. Now I just need to win the lottery and get another Mac.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Your stereo setup?   Your stereo setup? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 6:21 pm

I added an AKAI GX-4000D to the system:

Your stereo setup? - Page 2 Akaigx4000d

The deal included 30 used tapes.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Your stereo setup?   Your stereo setup? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 11:16 am

Ok, I ended up emailing my local shop and asked if he happened to have a Pioneer RT-707. He sure did! Serviced and ready to go. I did have him bias towards the new RMGI LPR 35 tape(RMG/Pyral and ATR are the only new tape manufacturers) as I will be recording on that. I might get an ATR just to check it out since ATR is made in the US(RMG is now owned by the French company Pyral). That's it! My stereo setups are now pretty much complete. Outside of paying for maintenance and new tech, like a blu ray and I would still like to get blue tooth into the system I'm done.

Your stereo setup? - Page 2 Rt-707

For now, this will be in the music room because it is less dusty in there and the Akai will end up in the living room until the dust settles down from the bathroom remodel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your stereo setup?   Your stereo setup? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your stereo setup?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2