The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scott Kelly (Neurosis) radio show

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shawn

Shawn

Scott Kelly (Neurosis) radio show Empty
PostSubject: Scott Kelly (Neurosis) radio show   Scott Kelly (Neurosis) radio show I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 8:27 am

Scott Kelly of Neurosis has his own radio show on Combat Music Radio. His shows are about an hour long each and he has 160 of them so far. His last one was posted this past April. I don't know if he's stopping or taking a break, but I'm going to be checking these out. I've downloaded #160 and #159 and so far, 34 minutes into #160, he hasn't spoken between any of the songs...but it had an intro "You are listening to Return To Zero with your host, Scott Kelly, ....".

The song selections are about what I expected. Dark, left-field stuff I'd never heard before...long instrumental sections, dark folk, psychedelia...I'm on song 4 and it's a CCR song, but I only know that because I know Fogerty's voice and it sounds old...it's a slower, sad kind of song. One song before this was like a weird, old folk spiritual sung live in the room playing one chord and singing a blend of Bible verses and lyrics like "dancing like a corpse shaking lose from its grave..."...kinda reminded me of Sixteen Horsepower, but it wasn't...

All in all, it's weird so far, but I like it. Scott Kelly (Neurosis) radio show Icon_cool

http://www.combatmusicradio.com/returntozero/
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

Scott Kelly (Neurosis) radio show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Kelly (Neurosis) radio show   Scott Kelly (Neurosis) radio show I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 9:14 pm

Hmm, thanks for posting Shawn, sounds pretty good, I'll have to give it a listen.
Back to top Go down

Scott Kelly (Neurosis) radio show
Page 1 of 1