The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Led Zeppelin- 5 ?'s

Go down 
+2
manny
Akeldama
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Led Zeppelin- 5 ?'s Empty
PostSubject: Led Zeppelin- 5 ?'s   Led Zeppelin- 5 ?'s I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 8:31 pm

1. Fave Zep album?
2. Who/what is Zep's "X-Factor"?
3. What's your earliest memory associated with Zep?
4. What Zep album if any have you grown tired of due to overplay be it from yourself or others?
5. If Zep ever recorded a new album who should play drums?

1. Presence
2. John Paul Jones, he kept everything in order.
3. Sneaking into by oldest brother's room and playing 'Carouselambra' over and over.
4. IV
5. Jason Bonham of course.
Back to top Go down
manny

manny

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin- 5 ?'s   Led Zeppelin- 5 ?'s I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 10:01 am

1-Physical Grafftti
2-John Bonham, he kept Jimmy Page grounded and was able to play heavy but had a llot of swing (if that makes sense)
3-Listening to Black Dog as a kid on the local rock radio station
4-IV heard it way to much
5. No one, as much as I would love to see Led Zeppelin live some things should best be left as a memory
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin- 5 ?'s   Led Zeppelin- 5 ?'s I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 12:29 pm

1. IV (or Zoso). Yea, boring, but it was my intro to the band and 'When the Levee Breaks' just crushes my soul.
2. All four members brought something unique to the project. It wasn't just a lead singer or guitarist running the show. All 4 members were crucial elements.
3. Slow dancing to 'Stairway...' in 8th grade and then not really knowing what to do when the tempo picked up.
4. Oddly enough, probably IV.
5. If they had to, Jason without question. But I'm also agreement that, especially now, they should just let it rest and not risk tarnishing the legacy.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin- 5 ?'s   Led Zeppelin- 5 ?'s I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 8:13 pm

1. Physical Graffiti or Presence....

2. Their X factor is the breadth of musical styles they combined to become "Zeppelin". About a million bands have tried to replicate it, and everyone has failed.

3. hearing "In The Evening" on the radio circa 1979.

4. Led Zeppelin II - for a long time my answer would have been IV, but after re-listening to their entire catalog recently I came to the conclusion that II has been played into the ground. Going to need to give that one a rest for a LONG time.

5. I don't know, that's a tough one...I'd rather they just avoid it.

Last edited by Detuned on Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin- 5 ?'s   Led Zeppelin- 5 ?'s I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 8:47 pm

Shawn, your second answer was so true.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin- 5 ?'s   Led Zeppelin- 5 ?'s I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 10:28 pm

1. III
2. Person wise, it's all 4 of them, standing alone, none of them are the same without the other 3. They also played around with so many different styles and sounds, which is the other half of it.
3. Probably my mom playing one of their albums while cleaning when I was a kid, there was alot of Zep in my house.
4. This is actually a bit of a tough question, but I don't listen to II (because I overplayed it) or IV (radio) all that much.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin- 5 ?'s   Led Zeppelin- 5 ?'s I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 9:30 am

*edit* - I realized that I was actually thinking "Physical Graffiti" for the first question, the song "Houses Of The Holy" always confuses me because it's not on the album of the same name.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin- 5 ?'s   Led Zeppelin- 5 ?'s I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 10:33 pm

I know what you mean D, even though I know the Zep catalog front to back I still sometimes think HOTH is on that album.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin- 5 ?'s   Led Zeppelin- 5 ?'s I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 3:49 pm

1. Fave Zep album? II was allways my fave,loved Moby Dick and wished I could play like that,sigh.....

2. Who/what is Zep's "X-Factor"? Man I agree with FF that it's their unity, alone they falter, together they were a force of powerfull stuff

3. What's your earliest memory associated with Zep? My dad, we had most of the Zep albums when I was a kid and they got played alot, especially, you can guess it 4or ZOSO what ever the hell it's called

4. What Zep album if any have you grown tired of due to overplay be it from yourself or others? That's easy 4 but still love it

5. If Zep ever recorded a new album who should play drums? If they do God it should only be freakin' little Bonham all grown up man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin- 5 ?'s   Led Zeppelin- 5 ?'s I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Led Zeppelin- 5 ?'s
Page 1 of 1