The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener

Go down 
+5
gershom
S.D.
theJOKERiv
chewie
Akeldama
9 posters

Good Times Bad Times
Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener I_vote_lcap29%Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Whole Lotta Love
Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener I_vote_lcap14%Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Immigrant Song
Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener I_vote_lcap14%Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Black Dog
Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener I_vote_lcap0%Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
The Song Remains The Same
Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener I_vote_lcap29%Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Custard Pie
Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener I_vote_lcap0%Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Achilles' Last Stand
 14% [ 1 ]
In The Evening
 0% [ 0 ]
We're Gonna Groove
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener Empty
PostSubject: Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener   Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 9:52 am

Pretty simple, so just vote already!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener   Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 9:54 am

I went w/Achilles' Last Stand, there's so many damn good openers but nothing tops Achilles' Last Stand IMHO.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener   Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 12:18 pm

Went with Song Remains The Same.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener   Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 12:31 pm

I am actually not a Led Zepplin fan, so I can't comment! I;ve tried to get into them but they just don't click with me
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener   Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 12:59 pm

I went with "Good Times, Bad Times", a song that perfectly captures what Led Zeppelin was all about right out of the gate.

Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener   Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 8:13 pm

Good Times Bad Times But Black Dog would be second, I never had and still don't have much Zeppelin there just a sometimes band for me.
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener   Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 8:16 pm

All I have is the Mothership comp, and I rarely listen to it. Led Zeppelin has never done much for me.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener   Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 9:07 pm

I can understand how classic rock radio has ruined a bunch of Zeppelin...but the quality of their output is so amazing I'm kind of surprised how many people "don't get them". Especially considering all the other bands you cats listen to.

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener   Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 10:02 pm

Immigrant Song, I love that track right down to the production. Good Times, Bad Times would be my second pick.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener   Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 10:04 pm

I'm also surprised most of you guys don't dig them. They were one of the bands that really had it together and out out some amazing stuff.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener   Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 10:11 pm

I went thru a phase where I "hated" Zep due to burn out but 15 years of hardly jamming them worked wonders for me.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener   Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 10:14 pm

Akeldama wrote:
I went thru a phase where I "hated" Zep due to burn out but 15 years of hardly jamming them worked wonders for me.

I stopped listening to them for around a decade and then went back. I can listen to "most" of the albums again, although most of Zep II and side one of IV I can't really listen to now.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener   Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 10:25 pm

I don't think I could ever stop listening to III, that album's amazing IMO.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener   Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 10:25 am

Zep was one of the first rock bands I got into as a kid, we had II on cassette and I played that till it died, we had IV on cassette and eight-track, that one got way over played as well, those were my intro to Led Zeppelin, later I remember picking up the first album and III or Graphitti I can't recall which but they were a childhood fav, I guess I just drifted from them as other stuff came into the fold. Right now I only own, the first album, IV, and House of the Holy on CD.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener   Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 12:36 pm

I spent my first check on their whole discography on cassette. I think I only have The Song Remains The Same and Physical Graffitti still.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener   Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 5:23 pm

Wow. I'm the only one to show some love to 'Whole Lotta Love'? What's wrong with you people?
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener   Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 5:51 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Wow. I'm the only one to show some love to 'Whole Lotta Love'? What's wrong with you people?

Nothing's wrong w/me, there's just a lot of killer Zep openers...
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener   Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 7:18 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I'm just tired of it, but it's never been one of my favorite Zep songs. In fact I've never liked Zep II nearly as well as the debut and III, both of which I consider to be far superior.

Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener   Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 8:43 pm

DeathCult wrote:
I'm also surprised most of you guys don't dig them. They were one of the bands that really had it together and out out some amazing stuff.

I tried to get them, but I just never liked them. I even tired again last weekend (due to this thread and the love for Zepplin on here and the other board, I figured it was time to give them a shot again) with Led Zepplin II - I have a vinyl copy of it (and it must be an early pressing because the vinyl is thick) I'm not sure what it is, I just don't like them. Go figure - I like The Darkness, but Plant's vocals grate on my nerves. I play guitar (not very well) and I can't get into Page's playing at all. And I don't really like their songs. The just don't click with me. I can appreciate them for what they did, but I just don't like them. I think there is much better 70's British hard rock/metal bands out there. Give me Deep Purple, Rainbow, UFO over Zepplin any day - I like their songs are much better.
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener   Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 9:02 pm

I'm revisiting them with this:

Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener LedZeppelinMothership

... and I gotta say, I like them more than I remembered. "Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You" has got to be one of the greatest hard rock songs ever. I'm only half way through disc 1, but I can safely say I was wrong about this band.
Back to top Go down
Special Guest
Easy Target
Special Guest

PostSubject: Re: Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener   Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 5:43 pm

I understand not liking Plant's vocals. He got carried away really easily (after about two minutes of "The Lemon Song", I want to die).

But still, it's Led-f'ing-Zeppelin. And that's awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener   Best Led Zeppelin Album Opener I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1