The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Farscape (any fans?)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gershom

gershom

Farscape (any fans?) Empty
PostSubject: Farscape (any fans?)   Farscape (any fans?) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 9:06 pm

Just wondering if anyone else was a fan of the SyFy channel show Farscape? It came on back in 1999 and lasted till 2002 with a total of 4 seasons, with one movie in 2004 to kinda wrap up the series that was pulled from the SyFy line up (those bastards). I have just started to re-watch this great show thanks to the magic of Netflix and have got my wife hooked on the series too, as she is a Trekkie and I'm a Star Wars guy, this is our neutral ground.
Farscape follows the story of Astronaut John Crichton as he is launched into a worm hole in his shuttle (Farscape 1) and is lost in space where he is caught up in the middle of a prison break, were three fugitive aliens are trying to escape from their captives, a military unit known as Peacekeepers, he is picked up by the fugitive ship (a living ship) and becomes part of the fugitive crew as he is hunted down by Captain Crais of the Peacekeepers for accidentally killing Crais's brother upon his exit from the wormhole in this new and strange galaxy. The series follows the story of Crichton and his new found alien comrades Dominar Rygel XVI, Pa'u Zotoh Zhaan, Pilot, Ka D'Argo, ex-peacekeeper Aeryn Sun and the living alien ship Moia. This show caught my attention when it first came out knowing that the aliens were created in Jim Hensons Creature Shop and that Brian Henson (Jim Hensons son) was one of the producers of the show. The show has some great episodes that have equal parts action, mystery and humor and characters that are well put together with interesting stories to each of them that unfolds throughout the series.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: Farscape (any fans?)   Farscape (any fans?) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 7:49 pm

Pretty lame, you guys don't know what your missing, my wife and I have been watching season 2 since I ditched out (I mean got sick) on work. This show has had me laughing till my lungs felt like they were shutting down. This show has some of the most interesting and exotic alien creatures on just about any sci fi show there is.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Farscape (any fans?)   Farscape (any fans?) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 7:53 pm

I don't think I've ever seen it, but I spent so many years ignoring television that I have alot of catch up on.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks

corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Farscape (any fans?)   Farscape (any fans?) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 12:20 am

I'm currently revisiting it; one of my favorite TV shows. The use of puppetry is inventive and all the Sci-Fi tropes are hilarious. Most of all, the characters are endearing whilst the science manages to be close to full authenticity. First season is a bit hard to get through but the second really picks things up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Farscape (any fans?)   Farscape (any fans?) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Farscape (any fans?)
Page 1 of 1