The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Strange And Beautiful Music!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
chewie

chewie

Strange And Beautiful Music! Empty
PostSubject: Strange And Beautiful Music!   Strange And Beautiful Music! I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 1:50 am

You've never heard anyone play an acoustic guitar like this. I present Michael Hedges. Playing the title track from Aerial Boundaries from Windham Hill in concert 1986:

and now for some Electronic Music from Tangerine Dream! This is the title track from the album Phaedra from 1974. They actually did have the sequencer go out of control in the beginning and decided to keep it because it sounded cool. If you like "On The Run" from Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon, you'll like this(This is MUCH better). Definitely headphone music!

This is from my favorite TD album Rubycon. This is part two:

LOVE those mellotrons!!!!!
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Strange And Beautiful Music!   Strange And Beautiful Music! I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 2:02 am

I was lucky enough to see Michael Hedges in concert in 1987. He did an acoustic version of the song "A Love Bizarre" by Sheila E. It was one of the most amazing shows I ever saw.

A talent taken too young.

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Strange And Beautiful Music!   Strange And Beautiful Music! I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 2:03 am

..as for Tangerine Dream, I really just know them from soundtracks...and what a bunch of great ones they did over the years!

I need to explore their other material, thanks for bringing this up.
Back to top Go down
Stender
Delicious Vomit
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Strange And Beautiful Music!   Strange And Beautiful Music! I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 10:18 pm

wow...what a trip. My mom used to have the live tape from that michael hedges show. I remember being really really small and her playing it when she used to paint.

Last edited by Stender on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Strange And Beautiful Music!   Strange And Beautiful Music! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 1:21 pm

Michael Hedges was bad ass. That harp guitar was awesome.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Strange And Beautiful Music!   Strange And Beautiful Music! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 1:36 pm

Detuned wrote:
I was lucky enough to see Michael Hedges in concert in 1987. He did an acoustic version of the song "A Love Bizarre" by Sheila E. It was one of the most amazing shows I ever saw.

A talent taken too young.

That's the tour that he had Leo Kottke(sp) opening for him, correct?

I saw him at the San Jose Performance Center. Talk about a mixed crowd!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange And Beautiful Music!   Strange And Beautiful Music! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strange And Beautiful Music!
Page 1 of 1