The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Top 5's - a game

Go down 
+8
SpectreFate
Shawn
theJOKERiv
DeathCult
chewie
Akeldama
gershom
S.D.
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
SpectreFate
Smug Prick
SpectreFate

Top 5's - a game - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 9:54 am

gershom wrote:

Nice list there Spectre-man, Flick of the Switch as #2? I'm gonna have to give that a listen to, maybe I'm missing something on it that you see? All the early stuff is just bad ass, but it's only fair to throw in at least one Brian Johnson album too.

I didn't get turned on to AC/DC until about '84 or '85 so FOTS was a pretty new album. Maybe I like it for sentimental reasons or maybe I like the rawness of it. It sounds like a really honest album to me.

Sidenote: I didn't realize until recently that Simon Wright did not play on FOTS. He came aboard after recording was finished.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 10:59 am

AC/DC

1. Let There Be Rock
2. If You Want Blood, You've Got It
3. Powerage
4. Highway To Hell
5. High Voltage

None of the Brian Johnson albums made the top 5. But Flick Of The Switch would be my main choice.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 11:06 am

AC/DC
1. High Voltage
2. Highway to Hell
3. Dirty Deeds
4. Let There Be Rock
5. '74 Jailbreak
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 12:07 pm

gershom wrote:
AC/DC

1.Powerage
2.Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
3,Highway to Hell
4.Ballbreaker
5.Let There Be Rock

Nice list there Spectre-man, Flick of the Switch as #2? I'm gonna have to give that a listen to, maybe I'm missing something on it that you see? All the early stuff is just bad ass, but it's only fair to throw in at least one Brian Johnson album too.

Flick is the best Brian album bar none.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 12:16 pm

When it comes to the Brian Johnson albums I'm really only interested in the first 3, of those Back In Black is so overplayed that I'll never be able to listen to it, For Those About To Rock has a few songs but has the same problem with radio killing it...Flick Of The Switch is the only relatively unharmed by radio.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 12:20 pm

for me it's Flick, Ballbreaker and then Salute and occasionally Video that I jam.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 1:51 pm

AC/DC

1. Powerage
2. If You Want Blood You've Got It
3. Highway To Hell
4. TNT
5. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

The Bon era is my favorite, I like a few of the Johnson records, but not enough to beat out any of the others. But my picks from those would be: Flick Of The Switch, For Those About To Rock, Fly On The Wall. Back In Black is killer, but I dont need to listen to it for about 20 years.

AC/DC was another band I got into real young, most of these records actually mean alot to me.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 2:22 pm

Queen:
1. A Night At The Opera
2. A Kind Of Magic
3. A Day At The Races
4. Queen
5. Innuendo

AC/DC:
1. Highway To Hell
2. Flick Of The Switch
3. If You Want Blood You Got It
4. Powerage
5. Fly On The Wall
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 8:59 pm

chewie wrote:
Queen:
1. A Night At The Opera
2. A Kind Of Magic
3. A Day At The Races
4. Queen
5. Innuendo

AC/DC:
1. Highway To Hell
2. Flick Of The Switch
4. Powerage
5. Fly On The Wall

Sweet, good to see some more love for Fly On The Wall, I thought I was the only one who liked it.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 9:31 pm

the recording on Fly On The Wall is atrocious, that's why I haven't listened to it in years. It gave me an earache the first time I played it. LOL.

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 10:32 pm

S.D. wrote:
the recording on Fly On The Wall is atrocious, that's why I haven't listened to it in years. It gave me an earache the first time I played it. LOL.

I got into that real heavy, because it was the newest AC/DC record at the time (aside from Who Made Who, but that doesnt really count). So, alot of it's nostalgia, but there's some killer tracks on there.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Smug Prick
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 10:33 pm

DeathCult wrote:
S.D. wrote:

I got into that real heavy, because it was the newest AC/DC record at the time (aside from Who Made Who, but that doesnt really count). So, alot of it's nostalgia, but there's some killer tracks on there.

That's an album that should be re-recorded. Good tunes, horrible 80's production values with the big triggered drum sound.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 10:39 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
S.D. wrote:

That's an album that should be re-recorded. Good tunes, horrible 80's production values with the big triggered drum sound.

I HATE that drum sound, that's why I ditched alot of the albums I did. Especially Ram It Down, except for the title track, I can't take it. It's such a soulless sound.
Back to top Go down
manny

manny

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 10:53 pm

AC/DC

1-Highway to Hell
2-If You Want Blood You've Got It
3-Powerage
4-Let there Be Rock
5-High Voltage

Queen

1-Queen II
2-Sheer Heart Attack
3-Queen
4-Live Killers
5-A Night in the Opera
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 12:25 am

Nice to see "Live Killers" in there. That's one of those 70's live albums without overdubs, the mistakes are left intact which makes it all the more real.

Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 1:45 am

DeathCult wrote:
chewie wrote:
Queen:
1. A Night At The Opera
2. A Kind Of Magic
3. A Day At The Races
4. Queen
5. Innuendo

AC/DC:
1. Highway To Hell
2. Flick Of The Switch
4. Powerage
5. Fly On The Wall

Sweet, good to see some more love for Fly On The Wall, I thought I was the only one who liked it.

It's all in the timing......... FOTS was the first AC/DC I bought when out came out that year, then WMW and FOTW when it came out. There's a lot of good tunes on those three and Flick doesn't have tunes that have been overplayed on the radio. WMW actually introduced me to older AC/DC, "Ride On" is still one of my favorite tunes(another non-radio tune).
Back to top Go down
manny

manny

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:36 am

I love all AC/DC albums, but the production on 'Fly On the Wall' is horrid but at the time I did not care, it was a new AC/DC album and got to see them live on that tour with Yngwie opening.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 11:10 am

chewie wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
chewie wrote:
Queen:
1. A Night At The Opera
2. A Kind Of Magic
3. A Day At The Races
4. Queen
5. Innuendo

AC/DC:
1. Highway To Hell
2. Flick Of The Switch
4. Powerage
5. Fly On The Wall

It's all in the timing......... FOTS was the first AC/DC I bought when out came out that year, then WMW and FOTW when it came out. There's a lot of good tunes on those three and Flick doesn't have tunes that have been overplayed on the radio. WMW actually introduced me to older AC/DC, "Ride On" is still one of my favorite tunes(another non-radio tune).

Who Made Who didn't introduce to older AC/DC. When Maximum Overdrive entered my life (still one of my favorite movies to date) I was in full AC/DC mania, so I snapped it up and loved it just like the others. I still like the original songs on it alot, but I don't usually listen to the whole album anymore
Back to top Go down
manny

manny

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 11:23 am

S.D. wrote:
Nice to see "Live Killers" in there. That's one of those 70's live albums without overdubs, the mistakes are left intact which makes it all the more real.

I am a huge fan of live albums especially those released in the 70's
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 2:23 pm

Like I said Live Killers is a great album, I dig May's performance throughout. I'm gonna jam the first 8 studio albums this weekend.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 2:32 pm

next band:

THE BEATLES

1. Abbey Road
2. The White Album
3. Past Masters Vol. 2 (late period singles)
4. Revolver
5. Sgt Peppers

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 2:37 pm

Ugh! I hate the Beatles...but mine would go:

1. Revolver
2. Rubber Soul
3. Help!
4. A Hard Day's Night
5. Please, Please Me
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Smug Prick
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 2:43 pm

I love the Beatles!

1. BEATLES FOR SALE
2. LET IT BE
3. MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR
4. REVOLVER
5. PLEASE PLEASE ME
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 2:45 pm

I got a ton of Beatles stuff including a supposed "unreleased album" of sorts called 'Primal Colours'.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Smug Prick
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 2:54 pm

Akeldama wrote:
"unreleased album" of sorts called 'Primal Colours'.

What's on that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 5's - a game   Top 5's - a game - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 5's - a game
Page 7 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next