The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Writings on HubPages ...

Go down 
+7
MetalGuy71
chewie
theJOKERiv
gershom
DeathCult
S.D.
Fat Freddy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 11:19 pm

Nice article! I got into Metallica a year later in 1984. I bought Ride The Lightning as a blind purchase (liked the album cover) and then purchased the "Creeping Death" single with Am I Evil? and Blitzkrieg as the b-sides.

Very shortly afterward I picked up Kill 'Em All and the old Whiplash EP.

I taught myself how to play metal guitar with Kill 'Em All. I jammed along with the album all the time and eventually learned most of the songs. The other main albums I jammed along with during my formative guitar playing days were Led Zeppelin II, Paranoid, Rush s/t, British Steel and If You Want Blood, You've Got It.

I probably listen to Kill 'Em All about once a year, always takes me back to 1984 when life was much simpler (even if it didn't feel that way at the time).

Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 8:22 am

Great Metallica article man, nice trip down memory lane for sure, I never was big into Metallica it took a long time for me to appreciate there music the way I do now, but Kill 'Em All is still a great album, a definite pioneer for metal bands.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 3:53 pm

Thanx fellers, glad you dug it.

I was bored so I went back 'n' touched up a couple of bits & pieces and added a few new pictures and other junk to that piece... If you wanna check out the "new and improved" version (or if you just missed it the first time), here's the link again:

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Metallicas-KILL-EM-ALL-1983-A-Fanboys-Perspective

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 4:53 pm

In my newest Hub entry I tell ya everything you need to know about KISS' forthcoming new album, single, tour, and their next wave of absurdly overpriced merchandise...

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/KISS-New-Single-New-Album-Monster-New-Tour-Coming-Soon
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 5:14 pm

I tell ya, the first time I saw the Monster book I thought it was ridiculous...my feelings haven't changed.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 6:20 pm

Akeldama wrote:
I tell ya, the first time I saw the Monster book I thought it was ridiculous...my feelings haven't changed.

Oh yeah, no doubt. Three grand for a f*ckin coffee table book? You gotta be kidding me.

...but of course, this is KISS we're talking about and you know there are fanboys out there who are so obsessed that they've probably pre-ordered it by now...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 10:05 pm

Holy Moo Cows!! It seems that my music and movie ramblings on HubPages are rapidly creepin' up on the 20,000 page view mark (!!) -- if you wanna read some of my deranged scribblings and help a brotha get over the top, I'd surely appreciate it. Thank yew for yer support!!

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hubs/latest
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 11:25 pm

Congrats man!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 11:59 pm

Thanks bro... and thanx for your comment on my KISS piece (I just finished replyin' to it)

I need about 50 more views to hit 20K!! Tell your friends! Tell your Mom! Tell your local farm animals!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:43 am

Quote :
I noticed yesterday that page views for my "Chinese Democracy" hub had dribbled away to nothin' so just for shits 'n' giggles I went back to that GNR forum and bumped the thread about it... log into HubPages this morning, and hey presto! Almost 100 new views for it literally overnight. Geez, those Axl nut swingers are so easy to play like a fiddle.

So whenever my page views start to slack off all I gotta do is go over there and poke the hornet's nest a little. Yeah, I know... I'm shameless.

Bada-bing... stopped by the gnr forum last night for the sheer hell of it, I dropped a link to my KISS hub and I bumped the thread about my Chi-Dem review,,, and yup, when I woke up this AM it seems like the KISS hub was being ignored but once again the page views for the Chi-Dem hub had jumped considerably overnight. Haha. Damn, those fanboys are predictable!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 11:40 pm

I had to read the Kill 'Em All post again, I'd like to know how you felt jammin' Black Sabbath-Heaven And Hell for the first time.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 7:38 pm

Quote :
I'd like to know how you felt jammin' Black Sabbath-Heaven And Hell for the first time.

I was a lil' too young to catch Heaven & Hell on its initial release... so by the time I got round to it, it had been out for a while and I was already well versed in Ronnie James Dio due to his solo work.

Not much of a story there, I'm afraid. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 1:47 am

The first Dio w/Sabbath album I got was "Live Evil". I then picked up Heaven & Hell and Mob Rules shortly after. I'm pretty sure I got them all in 1983, prior to hearing Holy Diver.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 12:40 am

Been trying to finish up the half dozen or so Hubs I've had laying around in various states of completion... so here's two for the price of one!!

First up: the awesomely bad '80s sex comedy, HAMBURGER: THE MOTION PICTURE (1986)

My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 9 6877396_f260

Recipe: take the yuppie dude from "Just One of the Guys," mix with NFL great Dick Butkus, a totally stacked Randi Brooks, and sprinkle liberally with fart jokes and endless Burger-related puns. Result: awesomeness.

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/t/31d6bd

Next up:
My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 9 6889702_f260

Finally knocked one off my "Comic Geek Bucket List" by seeing the semi legendary "unreleased" version of The Fantastic Four from 1994... my review can be found here...

http://hub.me/adJdD
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 9:25 pm

Been on a roll this week... my "Forgotten Hard Rock Albums" series has two new entries:

My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 9 6947372_f260
Kix - MIDNITE DYNAMITE
http://hub.me/adP7P

My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 9 6947335_f260
Metal Church - BLESSING IN DISGUISE
http://hub.me/adPaq
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:24 am

Loved your articles on the FF movie, and Hamburger, both of which I'm searching for a download of, I've been meaning to see that FF film since I was young punk, I think it's about time, I also liked the Captain America and Punisher flicks from the 80's I still have the Punisher one on VHS. And yes it came from the bargain bin. Good reads Freddy keep em' coming man.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Smug Prick
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 11:03 am

Gersh, I have that FF movie. I could make you a DVD dub for free, or for a few bucks make you a pro-looking case and such for your collection.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 5:57 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Gersh, I have that FF movie. I could make you a DVD dub for free, or for a few bucks make you a pro-looking case and such for your collection.

Thanks man, but I did find a semi decent download of the FF, it's not the best copy but I don't think it's one I'm gonna watch often anyway, so thanks anyway man. I was surprised how easy it was to find actually, now Hamburger is proving harder to find, I might have to dig into the tapes in my garage that I haven't thrown out and see if I find our old VHS copy.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:43 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Is it worth having Spec? or more like something to watch once as a curiosity and never revisit?
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 10:03 pm

DeathCult wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

Is it worth having Spec? or more like something to watch once as a curiosity and never revisit?

It's a curiosity thing........
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Smug Prick
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 11:49 pm

What Leo said. I've watched it once in 18 years.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 4:17 pm

I watched the Fantastic Four movie on YouTube. There are a couple of full length copies of it there, this was the best quality one I came across:

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 11:37 pm

Dang, it's been over two weeks since my last Hub!! Well, here's a new one. A co-worker and I were looking at one of those "Bad Album Covers" web sites today and that inspired my newest rant, "Hilariously Bad Hard Rock/Metal Album Covers"

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/t/32d9ba

(By the way, I'm open to doing more installments of this one so if you have any suggestions, feel free to say so in the comment area!)
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 11:44 pm

The only one I disagree with you on is Virtual XI. Sure it may be a shit album, but I've always thought the cover art was pretty sweet.

Basically any cover by Riot would be acceptable for the second installment.

Case in point:
My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 9 OjFCo

My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 9 YVgGg
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 6:25 am

Great read, FF. Bad Co-Fame & Fortune is a pretty bad album cover too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Writings on HubPages ...
Page 9 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Workshop :: One More Red Nightmare :: How was your day?-
Jump to: