The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Writings on HubPages ...

Go down 
+7
MetalGuy71
chewie
theJOKERiv
gershom
DeathCult
S.D.
Fat Freddy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 6:42 pm

Akeldama wrote:
Keith, that was a kewl post on "D". What do you think of 'Hear What I Say!'?

Dunno, I haven't heard it yet. Planning to order a copy after the Holidays are over with.

On topic....
I'm finishing out 2013 with my 120th (!) HubPage, and it's a long overdue new installment of the "Forgotten Hard Rock Albums" series...

My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 8605267_f260

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Forgotten-Hard-Rock-Albums-Black-Sabbath-SEVENTH-STAR-1986
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 8:37 am

One last Hub for 2013. Last week I tried an experiment - I opened up my "Year in Review" issue of Entertainment Weekly, listened to their picks for the Top 10 Singles of 2013, and wrote my impressions of each of them. Needless to say, about halfway through this process I wished I hadn't started.

My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 8567078_f260
"PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!"

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Musical-Wreckage-Entertainment-Weeklys-Best-Singles-of-2013
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 10:18 pm

microdeath DIE YOU BASTARD! 
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 12:38 pm

Been awhile!! Haven't had much time to write lately but I finally posted a new Hub entry this week:

"Verily, preparest thou for a most righteous kicking of ass, varlet!"

My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 8947918_f260

I recently picked up Dirty, But Well Dressed, the only CD by the one-and-done hair metal band Beau Nasty... inspiring my latest "Forgotten Hard Rock Albums" entry.

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Forgotten-Hard-Rock-Albums-Beau-Nasty-DIRTY-BUT-WELL-DRESSED-1989
Back to top Go down
corplhicks

corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 2:34 pm

Why does that seem so familiar?? I swear I had a cassette of them or something from my pop metal dayz...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 8:18 am

corplhicks wrote:
Why does that seem so familiar?? I swear I had a cassette of them or something from my pop metal dayz...

I never heard them back in the day but I remember seeing an ad for the album in Metal Edge or some other mag, and laughing at their Robin Hood outfits they on the cover.  Very Happy 

Till I found this disc last week I had no idea that German power metal drum overlord Mike Terrana was a member of this band!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 6:28 pm

corplhicks wrote:

Ditto!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 7:52 am

Here's my newest HubPage action... I picked up a CD copy of KISS' long forgotten KILLERS comp last week, so I wrote a review of it. Cuz that's what KISS nerds do. Very Happy
My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 9015378_f520
http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/KISS-Killers-1982-Compilation-Album-Review
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 10:06 pm

Great read, FF. I really like "Legend" and "Nowhere" and even have them on my Kiss-War Machine '81-'89 playlist.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 9:44 am

Been in a HubPagin' mood lately. Here's a new one:

My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 9031583_f520

Picked up some sweet 70s cheez rock (and one 80s classic) at the thrift store last week.

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Scrounging-for-CDs-at-the-Thrift-Store
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 2:18 pm

Another new one here's a warning to my fellow beer drinkers to avoid this particularly noxious cheap brew!

My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 9034131_f520
http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Bad-Beer-Alert-BOXER-Lager
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 1:19 pm

I found the so-called DISC GENIE "CD Repair Kit" at Walgreens' this past weekend and decided to give it a try on a couple of banged up discs I had laying around... I should've saved my money.
My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 9067634_f520
http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Does-The-Disc-Genie-CDDVD-Repair-Kit-Really-Work
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 11:23 am

New entry ...though actually this one has been in the works for quite a while, I only just got around to finishing it yesterday.

A few months back I overdosed on a bunch of Italian gore movies by the infamous Lucio Fulci and this was the result:

My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 9085715_f260
http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Four-From-LUCIO-FULCI-Italys-Godfather-of-Gore
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 4:43 pm

I've seen a few of those Fulci movies (Zombie, House By The Cemetery, City Of The Living Dead), he's not really the director I lean toward in Italian genre cinema.  Mario Bava I love, Dario Argento I love (well, at least until he went to total shit), Michelle Soiva (sp?) I like, Lamberto Bava I like...but that's about it for Italian horror.  Fulci was too much of a schlockmeister for me.  

My best friend Dale just worships anything gore-related, he literally burned me out on that stuff, after years of him forcing me to watch every fucking terrible movie released straight to video for the hope of seeing gore...I finally told him...DUDE, I NEVER WANT TO SEE ANOTHER ONE OF THESE SHIT MOVIES AGAIN AS LONG AS I LIVE.  I told him that any movie he brought over from that point on better have a bunch of good critical reviews or it wouldn't get near my player.  LOL.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 2:13 pm

Been a while since I posted anything new...
My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 9154994_f520
I've been listening to a bunch of Cinderella this week so I sez to myself "Hey Self, how 'bout you do a HubPage about the Cinderella Discography?" ...and poof, it is done.

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/The-CINDERELLA-Discography-Hard-Rock-Heroes
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 2:32 pm

So the new Accept album is out today. I don't have it yet, but I did update the crap outta my old HubPage entry about Accept (which was written prior to the release of Stalingrad - note the URL!) and brought it up to date:

My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 8903939_f260

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/ACCEPT-German-Metal-Legends-Return-With-STALINGRAD
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 2:22 pm

Apparently Bradley "The Hangover" Cooper is in talks to portray long running paperback action hero Mack Bolan (aka "The Executioner") in a movie. I used to love that book series when I was in high school (and I still occasionally read one today) so I couldn't help myself, I wrote a quick fanboy blah-de-blah about it...

My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 9195744_f520

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Is-Mack-Bolan-FINALLY-Coming-to-the-Silver-Screen
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 2:38 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
So the new Accept album is out today. I don't have it yet, but I did update the crap outta my old HubPage entry about Accept (which was written prior to the release of Stalingrad - note the URL!) and brought it up to date:

My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 8903939_f260

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/ACCEPT-German-Metal-Legends-Return-With-STALINGRAD

I need to get it still but I'm diggin' the new Ace album quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 3:54 pm

Slow Day at Work = New HubPage.

This is about my experience thus far with walking to lose weight, aided by the "Runkeeper" fitness app:

My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 9808468_f260

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/My-RUNKEEPER-and-Me
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 6:49 pm

Great read, FF and glad you are taking care of yourself. I actually started lifting again in '09 after taking five years or so off of it due to a back injury and found I feel better but I still need to shed some fat so I've had Insanity for the last year or so but I've been too scared to try it out for some reason or another. I have a Smith machine and an elliptical and I used to get on that until I realized I was too heavy for it. I have went from 255 to about 228 but my body fat has gone way down.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 10:23 pm

Thanx man. It's not much, but it's a start. I know that I'm gonna have to step up my game at some point and add some other exercises to my routine, but considering that I've pretty much been a lazy slug for the past 20 years, I feel good that I'm finally doing **something** at least.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 12:24 pm

New one... my Mom recently uncovered a scrapbook from my junior-high days, full of clippings and pix from when I almost made it to the National Spelling Bee in Washington, D.C. - seeing all that old stuff inspired this piece.

My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 11268555_f520
"I WAS A SPELLING BEE WASHOUT!"
http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/I-Was-a-Spelling-Bee-Washout
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 2:57 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
New one... my Mom recently uncovered a scrapbook from my junior-high days, full of clippings and pix from when I almost made it to the National Spelling Bee in Washington, D.C. - seeing all that old stuff inspired this piece.

My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 11268555_f520
"I WAS A SPELLING BEE WASHOUT!"
http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/I-Was-a-Spelling-Bee-Washout

Cool hub..... and you are obviously a much better speller than I (spel chex rulz!)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 11:38 am

Two new entries in as many days! I must be inspired this week (or I'm just really bored, haha). Very Happy

Anywhoo, last night I was mostly unimpressed by SyFy's new zombie show "Z Nation" so I figured I'd post some thoughts on it...

My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 11480892_f260
http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/SyFys-Z-Nation-Lacks-Bite
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 11:28 pm

In case you missed it in the "White Devil Armory" thread, this weekend I saw Overkill for the first time in 20 years!! Here's my totally nerdy in depth review of the show:

My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 11843507_f520
http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Heavy-Metal-Concert-Review-OverkillMunicipal-WasteProng-Starland-Ballroom-NJ-92714
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... - Page 15 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Writings on HubPages ...
Page 15 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Workshop :: One More Red Nightmare :: How was your day?-
Jump to: