The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!

Go down 
+6
Shawn
gershom
manny
Stender
MetalGuy71
S.D.
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! Empty
PostSubject: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 4:39 pm

ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! F_orangelogovm_92bcec4

Time to give it up for Orange Goblin, a criminally underrated English metal band. One of those groups that have never managed to get the needed promotional push to get them known in the States...sporadic touring hasn't helped either. But they deserve more attention...

Since the debut Frequencies From Planet Ten in 1997 these guys have released a string of successful albums. Their sound has slowly morphed from a more psychedelic/stoner groove on their first couple albums, to a more straight-ahead old school metal sound on their recent releases. I like 'em all. Do they break any new ground? No. But they have an honesty about them comes through in their music, you can tell these guys are having a blast playing together.

ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! E57067qhcttORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! F31761aded3ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! E15297axdrb
ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! F34628sbej0ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! G33879crhviORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! I82300k65ma
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 11:10 am

Love these guys. Another band I'm slooooowwwwwwly gathering up their discography and I haven't heard a bad note yet. Everything I've heard so far has been awesome. They pick cool songs to cover too.

Why is Time Travelling Blues so freakin' expensive? I understand that it might be outta print, but was the original run 10 copies?

Need that one and Frequencies... to complete the collection.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 9:07 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Love these guys. Another band I'm slooooowwwwwwly gathering up their discography and I haven't heard a bad note yet. Everything I've heard so far has been awesome. They pick cool songs to cover too.

Why is Time Travelling Blues so freakin' expensive? I understand that it might be outta print, but was the original run 10 copies?

Frequences/Planet Ten was reissued as a two-disc set, both featuring bonus tracks not on the original CD releases...so the reissue might be preferable. That one was released on MeteorCity I believe.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 12:19 pm

Detuned wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Frequences/Planet Ten was reissued as a two-disc set, both featuring bonus tracks not on the original CD releases...so the reissue might be preferable. That one was released on MeteorCity I believe.

Yea, I've seen that one on the Rise Above records website, but it's been sold out for quite some time. Amazon and ebay have been too expensive for me as well. Meteor City doesn't have it in stock either.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 12:13 pm

Bump.

Finally won a copy of Time Travelling Blues for a reasonable price ($12.58) on ebay. Now if I could just score me a hard copy of Frequencies From Planet Ten, I'd be all set.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:29 pm

Wooooo-hooooo!! Got Frequencies...coming my way. Finally found a cheap copy ($7.99 +s/h). Now my Orange Goblin discography will be complete.

Anyone know if they are working on new material for release anytime soon?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 2:43 pm

FUCK ME!!

Stupid Amazon seller sent me the wrong disc. Some shitty 60's pop music compilation. They refunded my money, so no harm, no foul, but I really wanted a copy of Frequencies...

*sigh* The search continues.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 4:20 pm

That sucks. I never have gotten the physical discs of the first couple albums, I bought the downloads from emusic back in about 2005 or so, but I've never seen those two on disc.

I was listening to The Big Black the other night, what a killer album that is.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 11:47 am

I'm just getting into these guys.....been downloading a ton of the heavy stoner schtuff....I'm really digging Electric Wizard as well.
Back to top Go down
Stender
Delicious Vomit
Stender

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 2:23 pm

Great band, I love time travelling blues. Cool
Back to top Go down
manny

manny

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:40 am

I have CDR that detuned made me so I have slowly been getting into this band.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 9:15 pm

I'm not sure what the actual status of this band is now (they delayed recording an album about 6 months ago and I haven't heard any news since)...but even if they are no more I'm glad to have experienced them.

I do like all the albums, but the first 3 are the real meat of the catalog. They were still experimenting at that point, they simplified over time. Frequencies & Time Traveling Blues I'm sure will still be favorites of mine many years down the road...

Of the more recent albums, Healing Through Fire is my favorite.

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:23 am

Seeing these guys tonight, co-headlining gig with Kylesa. Gates of Slumber are one of the many opening acts (why does every show have 6 opening bands these days?).

anyway, VERY excited to finally see "ze Goblin" in person. I'm hoping to get a chance to meet and greet while I'm there.

Hopefully I can grab a t-shirt or something.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 2:35 pm

Nice man, I've been Youtubein' some of there stuff for some time now and me likey, me likey alot. Yeah it's a shame I've never heard of em' before, thanks for that man, hope they kick ass live, you'll have to let us know man.
Back to top Go down
Shawn

Shawn

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 9:07 pm

I like everything I have ever heard from them...but for some reason don't own any CDs from them...
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 9:13 pm

ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! 168482_501710463654_526418654_6070583_6368767_n
True story-Ben almost hit me with a dart before the show!
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 2:06 am

I've seen these guys around and I have an Electric Wizard download with O.G. as the b-side with a different name band name(Our Haunted Kingdom?).... I haven't listened to it yet.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 2:26 am

that was the first split EP they released in 1996, it got them signed. I read somewhere that the band name changed when the guitarist got an endorsement deal with Orange amplifiers (who let them use the same logo font).

They started out as a 5-piece but dropped the second guitarist after the third album and never replaced him.

Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 4:54 pm

The more I jam this band the more I freaking love this shit. cheers
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 5:19 pm

They are a metal band and they are FUN, that's just about the hardest accomplishment on the planet. These dudes don't take themselves too seriously, that definitely helps.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 1:20 am

Cozmo Bozo is one bad ass tune, I just completed their discog about 2 weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 1:31 am

One of my favorite tracks is "Rage Of Angels" from Coup De Grace. I've played that one to death.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 1:48 am

I don't recall that one, gonna jam that album tomorrow. I dig Lothlorian and Saruman's Wish.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 11:08 am

Akeldama wrote:
I don't recall that one, gonna jam that album tomorrow. I dig Lothlorian and Saruman's Wish.

Those two got my immediate attention, as well.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 12:14 pm

Lothlorian was a complete and pleasant surprise, I'm still delving into these guys so I hope they have more Lothlorian type stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next