The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!

Go down 
+6
Shawn
gershom
manny
Stender
MetalGuy71
S.D.
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 1:29 pm

They've actually gotten more straight-ahead metal as they've gone along.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 1:57 pm

Rise Above put out this nice box set with O.G.'s first 5 albums, each with a bunch of bonus tracks and stuff...

http://www.amazon.com/Box-Set-Orange-Goblin/dp/B004GA6P9A/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1313517083&sr=1-1

I actually saw this for sale at the local FYE for $49.99, which seems kinda cheap to me ($10 a disc), since most of their albums are on the pricey side. I have 4 of the 5 discs in this set, so I just might pick this up for their debut and bonus material.

And with any luck, I could make back what I spent by selling off the discs I already have on on ebay.

PS I have Theiving from the House of God spinning right now as I type this.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 2:11 pm

Yeah, I'd love to get the box set eventually.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 12:22 pm

I had a decent night playing cards recently, so as a present to myself, I ordered the box set. Sweet!
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 3:51 pm

There is a new Orange Goblin coming in February. "A Eulogy For The Damned".

REALLY excited about this one!

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 10:54 pm

I'm so there!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 12:04 am

A know, the new album sounded great the first tome I jammed it but after that I find it really mediocre...maybe I need to give it another chance as I really like the rest of their stuff.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 12:20 am

I like it alot. I have to be in the right frame of mind for Orange Goblin, I generally go on binges and listen to several albums in a row. I think the new album is better than the last 3, but not quite up to the level of the first 3.

Of course it's been a slightly different band because they dropped the second guitarist after the third album.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 7:29 am

That could be why I haven't cared much for this last album. Maybe I just gotta be in the right frame of mind for Orange Goblin as well, I won't force it but when I'm in the mood for their stuff I'll jam it and see how I feel.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 6:09 pm

Coup De Grace is still my favorite. Have yet to hear the new one though.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 1:10 pm

I'm not sure where I'm at on the new album just yet. I don't love it or hate it. It's just...there. I've been giving it some repeated spins, but it's not grabbing me by the short & curlies.

I have however, been blown away by the last 2 Mastodon albums I just got, so everything else I've gotten recently has taken a backseat to them for now. I shelved the new OG album for the time being, but I'll revisit it again and see how it stacks up.

I did like the song 'The Filthy & The Few' enough though to include it on my HoM comp that I'm sending out to metalken.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 2:04 pm

I probably only like about 1 metal band out of every 100, Orange Goblin is one of the few that just works for me. Can't really say "why", it just is.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 2:19 pm

ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! - Page 2 579124_436662403064345_1335427940_n
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 3:38 pm

You goin' to an OG gig?
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 3:42 pm

Akeldama wrote:
You goin' to an OG gig?

No, I just saw the picture on facebook and it made me chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!   ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ORANGE GOBLIN - c'mon people!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2