The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Aqualung 40th Anniversary Edition - remixed by Steven Wilson!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Aqualung 40th Anniversary Edition - remixed by Steven Wilson! Empty
PostSubject: Aqualung 40th Anniversary Edition - remixed by Steven Wilson!   Aqualung 40th Anniversary Edition - remixed by Steven Wilson! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 7:31 pm

Aqualung 40th Anniversary Edition - remixed by Steven Wilson! 51ncC%2Bq-Q-L._SL500_AA300_

The most recent reissue of this classic album contains an all-new remix by Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree). I will be getting this for sure, Wilson did an amazing job of remixing all the classic King Crimson albums so I'm expecting similar great things with Aqualung.

Yay!
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Aqualung 40th Anniversary Edition - remixed by Steven Wilson!   Aqualung 40th Anniversary Edition - remixed by Steven Wilson! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 7:33 pm

Posted on Wilson's facebook page:

"Just an update to say that while I've been busy touring my remixes of Jethro Tull's "Aqualung" (1971), and King Crimson's "Discipline" (1981) and "Starless and Bible Black" (1974) have been released! The Tull album especially seems to be getting a phenomenal response from long term fans of the album, mainly because the original 1971 mix was always considered to be problematic, and I've pretty much... been able to make it sound the way most people always imagined it should. Note that this is not a remaster, but a complete (and faithful) remix - many people don't seem sure of the difference between these and often refer to what I do as "remasters", but what we've done with Aqualung (and indeed the Crimson reissues) is much more involved, and simply couldn't have been achieved with remastering. There are also 5.1 mixes included with all 3 reissues, though with Aqualung it's only available as part of an expensive limited deluxe box set version (not my decision). More projects of similar vintage are in the pipeline"
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: Aqualung 40th Anniversary Edition - remixed by Steven Wilson!   Aqualung 40th Anniversary Edition - remixed by Steven Wilson! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 8:17 pm

This sounds awesome, because I'm just getting into Tull. And the King Crimson remasters are already on my want-list.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Aqualung 40th Anniversary Edition - remixed by Steven Wilson!   Aqualung 40th Anniversary Edition - remixed by Steven Wilson! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 11:16 pm

Wow! He sure loves 70s Prog! He's done:
King Crimson
Caravan
Jethro Tull
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: Aqualung 40th Anniversary Edition - remixed by Steven Wilson!   Aqualung 40th Anniversary Edition - remixed by Steven Wilson! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 8:43 am

Damn that's cool, but shit just another album to get when there is too many to get already. Glad people haven't forgotten Jethro Tull, I still meet people who have no idea who the hell they are, that sucks. I'm interested to see how this sounds, that's one of my favorites for, and I thought it was cool to score the re-mastered with bonus material, now I gotta get this all over again, crazy.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Aqualung 40th Anniversary Edition - remixed by Steven Wilson!   Aqualung 40th Anniversary Edition - remixed by Steven Wilson! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 6:34 pm

Awesome, I'll have to pick this up for sure! I'd like to see him do a remix of some of 7th Son. I like it already, but I wonder what Wilson could do with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aqualung 40th Anniversary Edition - remixed by Steven Wilson!   Aqualung 40th Anniversary Edition - remixed by Steven Wilson! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aqualung 40th Anniversary Edition - remixed by Steven Wilson!
Page 1 of 1