The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A thread about Babe Ruth

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Special Guest
Easy Target
Special Guest

A thread about Babe Ruth Empty
PostSubject: A thread about Babe Ruth   A thread about Babe Ruth I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:13 pm

Babe Ruth are one of those bands that aren't really obscure but they're not exactly well-known either. I think their only real hit was "The Mexican", which sums them up quite nicely. Slightly jazzy hard rock with a Spanish twist (despite the band being English). Janita Haan is one of the most underrated vocalists in rock, if you ask me. Anyway, their debut album "First Base" is essential listening for any hard rock fan. Everything they put out afterwards was pretty hit and miss, but hey, they can't all be home runs.
[strike]
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: A thread about Babe Ruth   A thread about Babe Ruth I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 11:31 pm

I had never even heard of this band till Helloween covered "Mexican" on their METAL JUKEBOX album back around '99 or so.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: A thread about Babe Ruth   A thread about Babe Ruth I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 12:12 am

I like First Base and Stealin' Home, the other 4 had some good and some bad stuff.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: A thread about Babe Ruth   A thread about Babe Ruth I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 1:46 pm

I had one of their albums(Babe Ruth 1975) and just couldn't get into it. Had the same problem with the Amon Düül II - Hijack album.
Back to top Go down
Special Guest
Easy Target
Special Guest

PostSubject: Re: A thread about Babe Ruth   A thread about Babe Ruth I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 3:32 pm

chewie wrote:
I had one of their albums(Babe Ruth 1975) and just couldn't get into it. Had the same problem with the Amon Düül II - Hijack album.

Yeah, most of their catalog is pretty unremarkable. Their first album is really the only worthwhile one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A thread about Babe Ruth   A thread about Babe Ruth I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A thread about Babe Ruth
Page 1 of 1