The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Storm Corrosion - "Drag Ropes" official video released...

Go down 
+2
chewie
S.D.
6 posters
AuthorMessage
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Storm Corrosion - "Drag Ropes" official video released... Empty
PostSubject: Storm Corrosion - "Drag Ropes" official video released...   Storm Corrosion - "Drag Ropes" official video released... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 12:27 pm

The long-awaited debut album from Steven Wilson & Mikael Akerfeldt's "Storm Corrosion" will be released next month, here is the first "single" from the album (gotta love a 10 minute single).

Haunting and beautiful in equal measures.

Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Storm Corrosion - "Drag Ropes" official video released...   Storm Corrosion - "Drag Ropes" official video released... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 4:33 pm

Yes, it is..........
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Storm Corrosion - "Drag Ropes" official video released...   Storm Corrosion - "Drag Ropes" official video released... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 4:39 pm

I had a general idea in my head of what this could sound like, but it's even better than my expectations. The vocal arrangements are stunning and the guitar solo would make David Gilmour proud.

Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Storm Corrosion - "Drag Ropes" official video released...   Storm Corrosion - "Drag Ropes" official video released... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 4:49 pm

The vocal arrangements are something, but we are talking SW here.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Storm Corrosion - "Drag Ropes" official video released...   Storm Corrosion - "Drag Ropes" official video released... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 4:59 pm

Yeah, Wilson has become an absolute master of vocal arrangements. Mikael sounds great on the intro and outro sections, he's really developed into an amazing singer.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Storm Corrosion - "Drag Ropes" official video released...   Storm Corrosion - "Drag Ropes" official video released... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 2:59 pm

When is the album out? This stuff kills!
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: Storm Corrosion - "Drag Ropes" official video released...   Storm Corrosion - "Drag Ropes" official video released... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 8:41 pm

I like it well enough, but I think my expectations were a bit too high... I'll wait until I can hear the full thing.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Storm Corrosion - "Drag Ropes" official video released...   Storm Corrosion - "Drag Ropes" official video released... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 10:19 am

Akeldama wrote:
When is the album out? This stuff kills!

May 8th, I believe.

I'm interested in hearing this whole thing. I like that first single. Nealry 10 minutes long, but it doesn't feel like it in the least. When it ends, I'm thinkning, "Damn, that was 10 minutes already?"

It might be on the tad mellow side for frequent listenings, but in the right mood, this could be really spectacular. Need to hear a little more before I decide for certain.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Storm Corrosion - "Drag Ropes" official video released...   Storm Corrosion - "Drag Ropes" official video released... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 12:41 pm

Thx for answering, MG. I agree that it doesn't seem like 10 minutes in the least.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Storm Corrosion - "Drag Ropes" official video released...   Storm Corrosion - "Drag Ropes" official video released... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 3:00 pm

What I'm really looking forward to is being able to listen to 'the trilogy" in it's entirety. The other albums in the trilogy are Opeth's Heritage and Steven Wilson's Grace For Drowning. All 3 albums were written and recorded around the same time, Wilson has stated that he loves how they sound together.

You can definitely hear the connection in "Drag Ropes". The intro section music is reminiscent of Grace For Drowning, the vocal line is very Opeth in construction. Wilson's circular vocal section in the middle is undeniably him, while the acoustic guitar riff (around the 5:45 mark) sounds very much like Heritage, as does the guitar solo.

Wilson plays a good bit on Opeth's Damnation and Deliverance albums, so this new Storm Corrosion album is a nice chance to revisit that VERY fruitful collaboration.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Storm Corrosion - "Drag Ropes" official video released...   Storm Corrosion - "Drag Ropes" official video released... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 8:42 pm

Used my points at Dimple and got the cd/blu ray edition for 10 bucks!!!! Score!!!!
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: Storm Corrosion - "Drag Ropes" official video released...   Storm Corrosion - "Drag Ropes" official video released... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 9:06 pm

chewie wrote:
Used my points at Dimple and got the cd/blu ray edition for 10 bucks!!!! Score!!!!

Nice!!!! Do you have a 5.1 system? That mix on Blu-Ray is far superior to the stereo mix
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Storm Corrosion - "Drag Ropes" official video released...   Storm Corrosion - "Drag Ropes" official video released... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 9:14 pm

theJOKERiv wrote:
chewie wrote:

Nice!!!! Do you have a 5.1 system? That mix on Blu-Ray is far superior to the stereo mix

I do, but NOT a blu-ray player............ yet Smile
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: Storm Corrosion - "Drag Ropes" official video released...   Storm Corrosion - "Drag Ropes" official video released... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 4:59 pm

chewie wrote:
theJOKERiv wrote:
chewie wrote:

I do, but NOT a blu-ray player............ yet Smile

LOL!!!!! Yeah, they are awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Storm Corrosion - "Drag Ropes" official video released...   Storm Corrosion - "Drag Ropes" official video released... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Storm Corrosion - "Drag Ropes" official video released...
Page 1 of 1