The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What you watchin' tonight?

Go down 
+7
theJOKERiv
Metal-On-Metal
SpectreFate
Akeldama
gershom
S.D.
Fat Freddy
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

What you watchin' tonight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 4:45 pm

Quote :
I understand your frustration I tried to watch Death Proof one night and had to stop, there was just too damn much talking going on, plus I fast forwarded to the ending and thought that sucked too.

... so I just watched the last half of "Death Proof," thankfully that half was MUCH better. That was some of the coolest car chasin' and crashin' footage I've seen in a long while!! It was kind of a shame to watch those totally bad-ass classic muscle cars getting all smashed up though. Sad Seriously though, when the big chase started I was like "FINALLY! It's about damn TIME!"

I preferred "Planet Terror" by a long shot but at least "Death Proof" finally started kickin' some ass so I don't feel like I completely wasted my time.

And SPEAKING of wasting time, tonight I'll likely be watching SyFy Channel's latest "original" movie, "Jersey Shore Shark Attack"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! As a SyFy Movie addict AND a New Jersey resident, how can I possibly resist? Hopefully the sharks will eat a whole bunch of those damn Guido's so we normal Jerseyans can reclaim our beaches!!

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 9:39 pm

I thought Death Proof was great and I didn't mind the "talk" sections, I thought it was all very entertaining. Of course I'm a fan of independent cinema and have loved many films that are "just" talking, so I guess my viewpoint is different.

I don't really get any enjoyment out of "mindless" action films any longer, I prefer good stories, dialogue and performances. So I avoid anything even remotely "Stallone-ish" and instead gravitate toward "art action" flicks like "Haywire", "Drive", "The Limey", "Out Of Sight", etc.

Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 7:34 am

I think in Death Proof I was just hoping all those annoying chicks would have died and the car would have survived to kill another day, I get turned off to a movie that over uses the "F" word too, I hear it enough at work.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 7:36 am

The only movie I can tolerate the F word being overused is The Big Lebowski that is a work of genius.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 7:54 pm

DeathCult wrote:
2001: A Space Odyssey

Started watchin' this last night, but was too damn sleepy so I bailed on it (I got about as far as Dr. Floyd making it to the space station via Pan Am shuttle...haha).

It's due back at the library tom'w but I know damn well I am not gonna have time to watch it tonight before having to return it, so I guess I'm gonna have to renew it.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:20 pm

NBA Finals Game 1
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 4:25 pm

Looney Tunes whilst eating a bowl of Chili Cheese Frito Pie!
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Smug Prick
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 4:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 11:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 7:34 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It was alright, nothing great.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 6:35 am

Watched Stephen Kings Bag of Bones last night, that was pretty cool, one messed up story.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 12:12 pm

Ended up hanging out with friends and watched a mini-marathon of Hell's Kitchen episodes. At first I wanted to run screaming from the room...but I gotta admit after a couple episodes I was hooked. At least I managed to last until 2012 before actually watching reality TV.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 10:54 pm

S.D. wrote:
Ended up hanging out with friends and watched a mini-marathon of Hell's Kitchen episodes. At first I wanted to run screaming from the room...but I gotta admit after a couple episodes I was hooked. At least I managed to last until 2012 before actually watching reality TV.

I haven't watched that show in a couple of years now but I really enjoyed the first few seasons. It just got kinda "samey." Gordon Ramsey yelling in some poor schmuck's face "YOU DONKEY! WHERE'S THE @#$%ING RISOTTO?" every other episode gets old after awhile.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 2:38 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
S.D. wrote:

I haven't watched that show in a couple of years now but I really enjoyed the first few seasons. It just got kinda "samey." Gordon Ramsey yelling in some poor schmuck's face "YOU DONKEY! WHERE'S THE @#$%ING RISOTTO?" every other episode gets old after awhile.

Yeah, I don't think I'll be watching it much, but it's fun every now and again.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 7:30 am

Last night the wife and I watched, "Eagle Eye", didn't think I'd like this, cause that LeBouf kid just annoys me, he was annoying in Transformers, but this flick was actually pretty good, it's worth a watch. I surprised how much I actually understood cause I was playing Lego Zombie Apocalypse at the same time we were watching the movie. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 6:37 pm

Robin Hood (2006 BBC Series)
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 7:23 pm

Rushmore
The Life Aquatic
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:31 pm

Watched "Mr. Sardonicus" 1961 earlier, pretty good flick, don't know how I've missed this one.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 8:12 am

I've been slackin' on the film watching lately, been over a week since I've watched a movie (usually I'm good for 3 or 4 per week), gotta get back into the groove.
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 7:22 pm

Doctor Who - Series 2
Torchwood - Season 1

Now I'm watching the second episode of BBC's Sherlock.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 10:26 pm

Kitchen Nightmares (US)
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 9:58 pm

I'm starting to watch some old school Doctor Who, with Tom Baker's incarnation of the Doctor.

Doctor Who: The Leisure Hive
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:19 pm

Took the kids to see Brave tonight - really good film and nothing at all about the main plot was given away in the trailers. The movie was not at all what I was expecting from the trailers, it was much better.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 8:53 am

theJOKERiv wrote:
Took the kids to see Brave tonight - really good film and nothing at all about the main plot was given away in the trailers. The movie was not at all what I was expecting from the trailers, it was much better.

Yeah I had took my oldest daughter out to see this one too, we really liked this flick it was a good story, with beautiful scenery.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 8:55 am

Watched "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" last night, that was pretty funny and entertaining, even my kids loved it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What you watchin' tonight?
Page 1 of 31Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next