The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Back in Black: Another Manufacturer Returns to Making Vinyl Records

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
chewie

chewie

Back in Black: Another Manufacturer Returns to Making Vinyl Records Empty
PostSubject: Back in Black: Another Manufacturer Returns to Making Vinyl Records   Back in Black: Another Manufacturer Returns to Making Vinyl Records I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 11:28 pm

http://www.plasticsnews.com/article/20140616/MULTIMEDIA01/140619932/material-insights-plastic-manufacturer-gets-back-into-vinyl-records

This is some good news for those who like records. I guess that they had kept their presses and the people who know how to operate them.
Back to top Go down
Special Guest
Easy Target
Special Guest

PostSubject: Re: Back in Black: Another Manufacturer Returns to Making Vinyl Records   Back in Black: Another Manufacturer Returns to Making Vinyl Records I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 7:25 pm

I am rather glad that vinyl is making a comeback. They're typically overpriced to no end, but hey, so are CDs.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Back in Black: Another Manufacturer Returns to Making Vinyl Records   Back in Black: Another Manufacturer Returns to Making Vinyl Records I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 8:58 pm

New ones do cost an arm and a leg, but I get those sparingly. I mostly buy used.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Back in Black: Another Manufacturer Returns to Making Vinyl Records   Back in Black: Another Manufacturer Returns to Making Vinyl Records I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 8:04 pm

I dig the warmth of vinyl but the pops irritate me to no end.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Back in Black: Another Manufacturer Returns to Making Vinyl Records   Back in Black: Another Manufacturer Returns to Making Vinyl Records I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 12:27 pm

I'll gladly take the occasional "pop" (which is rare if you take care of your vinyl) over badly mastered, overly compressed CDs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back in Black: Another Manufacturer Returns to Making Vinyl Records   Back in Black: Another Manufacturer Returns to Making Vinyl Records I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back in Black: Another Manufacturer Returns to Making Vinyl Records
Page 1 of 1