The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What you watchin' tonight?

Go down 
+7
theJOKERiv
Metal-On-Metal
SpectreFate
Akeldama
gershom
S.D.
Fat Freddy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

What you watchin' tonight? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 1:40 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The original UK series, far superior to the US show in every way.
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 1:45 am

I'm rewatching Arrested Development in excitement for the new season & movie. Man, I love that show.

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 1:31 am

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 8:03 am

S.D. wrote:
It was quite common during the 50s and 60s for film and videotape to be erased and then recorded over in TV production to save money.

The Tonight Show comes to mind.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 7:34 pm

What a wonderful film, beautifully realized. Takes some real talent to pull off a silent film (in glorious black and white no less) in 2011. They perfectly captured the late 1920s Los Angeles period detail. Stunning, I'll be buying a copy of this one on blu-ray.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 6:59 pm

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 2:30 am

Light-hearted comedy-romance with the very winning team of Emily Blunt and Ewan McGregor. Blunt is stunning as always, she is one of the most captivating actresses working today. Kristin Scott-Thomas is the comic lynch-pin, stealing every scene she's in.

It's fluff, but quite heartwarming.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 12:45 am

Watched the series finale of "Eureka", what an odd quirky little show that was, I'll miss it.

At least we still have (the superior) Warehouse 13.

Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 11:48 am

Some more classic DW.

Along with some more How I Met Your Mother.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 10:51 pm

I'm still slackin' on the movie watching lately, need to get back into the groove again.

...is it weird that all the media whoop-de-doo about the Batman Midnight Movie Theatre Massacre in Colorado today made me want to pull my DVD of "The Dark Knight" off the shelf and watch it again??
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 2:32 am

The Intruders (Juan Carlos Fresnadillo - 2011)

Leisurely paced atmospheric suspense thriller from the director of 28 Weeks Later. Not completely successful, but visually very striking and genuinely creepy. The film is a British/Spanish co-production, it alternates between english and spanish (with subtitles).

Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:14 am

Watched "The Bucket List" last night, that was a great movie. Earlier then that I made my wife watch "Robot Jox" with me and surprisingly she liked it, nice.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:17 am

All the talk about the new "Dark Knight" prompted me to pull my DVD of the previous film off the shelf today.

Still a great flick. Anytime I can sit through a two hour and forty minute movie and not be bored, they're doin' something right.

Heath Ledger's Joker still gives me chills.

Quote :
Earlier then that I made my wife watch "Robot Jox" with me and surprisingly she liked it, nice.

Yay! Love that movie. Surprised that your wife dug it too. Mine still brings that one up every once in a while when we're having a disagreement about movies:

Her: "Well, YOU made me sit through that stupid robot movie."
Me: "You mean, "Transformers?" Yeah, I didn't like that one either."
Her: "No, no, the OTHER one! The one with "Jocks," whatever it was called!"
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:54 am

Last night:
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 3:11 am

Good film.

Tonight I've been re-watching season 3 of Warehouse 13.

Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:46 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
Earlier then that I made my wife watch "Robot Jox" with me and surprisingly she liked it, nice.

Yay! Love that movie. Surprised that your wife dug it too. Mine still brings that one up every once in a while when we're having a disagreement about movies:

Her: "Well, YOU made me sit through that stupid robot movie."
Me: "You mean, "Transformers?" Yeah, I didn't like that one either."
Her: "No, no, the OTHER one! The one with "Jocks," whatever it was called!"

That's jacked up when women use shit like that as leverage in an argument, still funny dialogue there. Very Happy "Transformers? Yeah I didn't like that one either" nice come back.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:56 pm

It's true though. My wife and I both hated "Transformers," the only reason we both sat thru it was cuz my son (who was about 7 at the time) was watching it with us and he was diggin' it. I'd take Robot Jox over any of the Transformers flicks any day of the week...

On topic: Just picked up a whole crapoload of movies @ the library so I'm not sure which one I'm gonna start with tonight. I'm thinkin' either "Punisher: War Zone" or the new "Conan the Barbarian."
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Smug Prick
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:58 pm

Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 7:45 am

Watched the new Conan the Barbarian just the other night, it was good, but I still like the original better, that's just me though, I've been a Conan fanboy since I was a kid, I'm currently reading the classic Marvel Conan comics, great stuff there.

Anyway last night I watched "Whip It" a flick about Roller Derby chicks knocking the shit out of each other, it was a directorial debut of Drew Barrymore also, it was pretty damn good.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Smug Prick
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 8:28 am

gershom wrote:

Anyway last night I watched "Whip It" a flick about Roller Derby chicks knocking the shit out of each other, it was a directorial debut of Drew Barrymore also, it was pretty damn good.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That Ellen Page is just cute as a button. A button I'd want to inject with my penis.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 11:44 am

gershom wrote:
Watched the new Conan the Barbarian just the other night, it was good, but I still like the original better, that's just me though, I've been a Conan fanboy since I was a kid, I'm currently reading the classic Marvel Conan comics, great stuff there.

I haven't seen either of the "old" Conan movies in forever.

I went with "Punisher: War Zone" last night so I'll probably throw on "Conan" tonight. That "Whip It" flick looks like good fun, will have to add it to my list.
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 2:10 pm

Firefly, episode 5.

I'm trying not to rush through this series, being that there's only 14 episodes and the movie Serenity.
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 2:37 am

Breaking Bad: Season 1, Episode 3.

Really starting to dig this show.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 3:03 am

Metal-On-Metal wrote:
Firefly, episode 5.

I'm trying not to rush through this series, being that there's only 14 episodes and the movie Serenity.

I blasted through it in a weekend the first time, it's a very entertaining show that is easy to watch multiple times.

Once Firefly was cancelled prematurely Whedon quickly found work for some of the actors. Nathan Fillion was brought in as the final villain on Buffy Season 7. Gina Torres was brought in as the main "big bad" on Angel Season 4.

More actors showed up on "Dollhouse" a couple years later.

I've watched all those series and enjoyed them immensely. Kudos to Whedon because they each have a very different tone but all are exceptionally well-written and directed with many of the same production staff working on all the different shows.

David Greenwalt (co-creator of Angel) went on to produce Grimm.
Jane Espenson (Exec producer & writer on Buffy) went on to create Warehouse 13.
David Fury (Exec producer Buffy & Angel) went on to LOST, 24 and Fringe
Gail Berman (exec producer - Buffy) created Alphas.
Tim Minear (exec producer/writer on Angel and Firefly) went to Terriers and American Horror Story

Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 3:38 am

Well forget "not rushing through the series" because I finished it up the other day, lol.

I'll have to check out some of those other shows, especially Buffy. Just haven't got around to watching it yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What you watchin' tonight?
Page 3 of 31Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next