The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What you watchin' tonight?

Go down 
+7
theJOKERiv
Metal-On-Metal
SpectreFate
Akeldama
gershom
S.D.
Fat Freddy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

What you watchin' tonight? - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 2:59 pm

Finally watched American Hustle - I liked it, but I didn't think it was as good as Silver Linings Playbook. The whole "dual narrator" thing didn't work for me in the beginning of the movie. Still, good film.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 12:00 am

theJOKERiv wrote:
Finally watched American Hustle - I liked it, but I didn't think it was as good as Silver Linings Playbook. The whole "dual narrator" thing didn't work for me in the beginning of the movie. Still, good film.

Stylistically it's a very different film than Silver Linings Playbook, but I loved them both. The dual narrator didn't bother me. American Hustle is a little more tongue-in-cheek than SLP, it's basically a cross between a 1930s screwball comedy and your typical Scorsese style crime picture. My guess is many people probably don't realize the screwball aspect because I have a feeling a very small minority of movie goers have seen as many of those films as I have.

Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 8:26 am

I picked up a bit of the screwball aspect and the Scorsese influence... I did like it, it was a fun film..... Russell seems to be a much better filmmaker now than he was earlier in his career.. those early films (like three kings) were not very good (and some of them were a mess, IMHO)

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 1:57 pm

Picked up a stack of DVDs from the library on the way home yesterday... (Homer Simpson voice) Should be some gooooooood watchin' this weekend....

Mama
The Conjuring
The Wolverine
The Hangover Part III
Speed 2: Cruise Control (yes, seriously!!)
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 2:13 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Picked up a stack of DVDs from the library on the way home yesterday... (Homer Simpson voice) Should be some gooooooood watchin' this weekend....

Mama
The Conjuring
The Wolverine
The Hangover Part III
Speed 2: Cruise Control (yes, seriously!!)

The Conjuring is good. The less I say about the rest of that list the better....  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 3:47 pm

Awwww c'mon. Speed 2 is brilliantly st00pid. Plus, it captured Sandra Bullock in a swim suit when she was at her peak of hottie perfection!!!
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 5:20 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Awwww c'mon. Speed 2 is brilliantly st00pid. Plus, it captured Sandra Bullock in a swim suit when she was at her peak of hottie perfection!!!

It's stupid, I'll give you that.  lol! 

I don't think I ever watched the entire movie, probably made it through about 40 minutes and then turned it off.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks

corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 5:56 pm

Believe it or not, Roger Ebert gave Speed 2 a considerable amount of praise. It's his most notorious review. I was in disbelief when i read it after seeing the movie and thinking it nothing but crap haha.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 7:49 pm

Yea, I remember Ebert's positive "Speed 2" review, he caught a fair amount of shit for that if memory serves. Maybe he was perv'ing on Sandra Bullock in the swimsuit too. Very Happy Honestly, aside from that the only thing I remember about it is that I dug Willem Dafoe's performance as the bad guy, cuz nobody does batshit crazy villains like him, haha.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 10:23 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

LOL!!! Nice!!!!!

As far as that list, I did like The Wolverine - fun flick
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 10:23 am

And Hangover III sucked..... saw it on a flight to Vegas last year.....
Back to top Go down
corplhicks

corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 1:20 pm

BEVERLY HILLS COP III - rounded out my viewing of the series, and I still say this one is a hoot. By far the most enjoyable in the series, but still lacking some necessary ingredients--the most important being Murphy's humor, which director John Landis foolishly diminishes in favor of comedic send ups. IMO Landis was both the right and wrong guy for the job. His eye for cartoonish humor exceeds Tony Scott's by miles, and his visual flair is better composed than the lackluster Martin Brest, but he has difficulty framing action scenes and juxtaposing comedy with violence. Thus it comes across as only kind of funny and very uneven (the first scene with Serge goes on for way too long and the satire falls flat). Still, we FINALLY get a potent villain who gets under the skin (still, what is it with these movies and the abrupt payoffs where a showdown is proposed and BOOM the villain is shot dead abruptly), the plot is actually engaging even though preposterous, and the whole theme park angle is sheer fun (love Richard Sherman's cameo). Props to Eddie's stuntman for his eye-popping jumps during the breathtaking Spider scene. Enjoyed this one as a kid and enjoy it still today.

ANOTHER 48 HRS. - These movies are so fucking metal haha. Almost as good as the first one, much more violent (I really do love Walter Hill), Eddie's acting had fully matured by this point, and Steve Souza's script is full of witty, sardonic, biting humor. The whole thing moves like a clownish prison riot and never lets up. I would really love to see a third one of these (but please keep Hill on board!).
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 1:36 pm

Prog Rock Britannia (BBC)

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 6:37 pm

I saw "Another 48 Hrs" in the theater back in the day ... damn, I'm old. Haha
Back to top Go down
corplhicks

corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 9:00 pm

I remember seeing the ads for it and thinking "oooo violence and boobies." I was ten haha.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am

corplhicks wrote:
I remember seeing the ads for it and thinking "oooo violence and boobies." I was ten haha.

I haven't seen it since that theatrical release, but I do remember thinking "Damn, this is WAY more brutal than the first one," haha. It's on my Netflix list right now, I just haven't gotten to it yet.

My wife and I watched "The Conjuring" last night. Damn good spooky movie.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks

corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 12:12 pm

The Lego Movie - Never before have I enjoyed a movie so much on first watch that I returned to it the same day. All I can say is I loved this front to back, it is quite amazing, has a great message, and is a most perfect bonding movie if you have children (but works just as well if you don't). Thank God this was made. And cool, the music was scored by Mark Mothersbaugh!

Pirates of the Caribbean: The First One - My wife wanted to revisit these movies so I obliged. More enjoyable than the first time I saw it in theaters, but that's probably because I've been hungry for a good swashbuckler. The plot isn't as convoluted as the sequels, which makes it most enjoyable. The effects are certainly dated, but even as a non-fan of CGI I have to applaud the efforts here. It's quite impressive with the hordes of undead locked in battle and shifting back and forth in the moonlight. Fun stuff. Say, where the fuck did Orlando Bloom go?

Toy Story 2 - Currently my son's favorite movie, so I've been watching it with him as this is my favorite of the three as well. There's something about the Antique-Woody angle that hooks me. Also gotta love Kelsey Grammar's spin as Stinky Pete. What impresses me about Pixar's work here is how much the camera moves and how the moves are made. It's cohesive, creative direction that often leaves one breathless, even so many years after conception. Brilliant.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 12:13 pm

LOST - Couldn't decide what to watch last night so I ended up revisiting the pilot episode of Lost. I'll be damned if it didn't suck me right back in, I'm liable to watch the entire series again...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 2:14 pm

S.D. wrote:
LOST - Couldn't decide what to watch last night so I ended up revisiting the pilot episode of Lost.  I'll be damned if it didn't suck me right back in, I'm liable to watch the entire series again...

One of my favorite series of all time
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 2:15 pm

corplhicks wrote:
The Lego Movie - Never before have I enjoyed a movie so much on first watch that I returned to it the same day. All I can say is I loved this front to back, it is quite amazing, has a great message, and is a most perfect bonding movie if you have children (but works just as well if you don't). Thank God this was made. And cool, the music was scored by Mark Mothersbaugh!

Pirates of the Caribbean: The First One - My wife wanted to revisit these movies so I obliged. More enjoyable than the first time I saw it in theaters, but that's probably because I've been hungry for a good swashbuckler. The plot isn't as convoluted as the sequels, which makes it most enjoyable. The effects are certainly dated, but even as a non-fan of CGI I have to applaud the efforts here. It's quite impressive with the hordes of undead locked in battle and shifting back and forth in the moonlight. Fun stuff. Say, where the fuck did Orlando Bloom go?

Toy Story 2 - Currently my son's favorite movie, so I've been watching it with him as this is my favorite of the three as well. There's something about the Antique-Woody angle that hooks me. Also gotta love Kelsey Grammar's spin as Stinky Pete. What impresses me about Pixar's work here is how much the camera moves and how the moves are made. It's cohesive, creative direction that often leaves one breathless, even so many years after conception. Brilliant.

I liked all three flicks - I can still watch Toy Story 2 even thought I have seen it countless times when my kids were younger!
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 2:26 pm

theJOKERiv wrote:
S.D. wrote:
LOST - Couldn't decide what to watch last night so I ended up revisiting the pilot episode of Lost.  I'll be damned if it didn't suck me right back in, I'm liable to watch the entire series again...

Agreed. An instant classic that would easily make my top 10 series of all-time.
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 3:37 pm

I watched Tarantino's Jackie Brown last night. And recently I've been watching a really gripping French tv-series called the Returned.  

Oh and I'm in the middle of my second watch-through of the Office. I forgot just how damn funny that show was at its peak. I can find something to enjoy in every season, though, if I'm being honest.
But still, fuck Will Ferrell.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 7:01 pm

My wife is watching the remake of "Footloose" right now....good Lord, who the fuck asked for a remake of this? Wasn't the original enough torture?? (Haha)

But I gotta say....godDAMN, Julianne Hough is smokin' hot.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 7:38 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
My wife is watching the remake of "Footloose" right now....good Lord, who the fuck asked for a remake of this? Wasn't the original enough torture?? (Haha)

But I gotta say....godDAMN, Julianne Hough is smokin' hot.

The target audience for Footloose is like 12 to 24 or something like that, people on the young side of that target audience now don't want to watch some moldy old movie from the 1980s, so it gets remade.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks

corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 1:44 am

S.D. wrote:
theJOKERiv wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Agreed.  An instant classic that would easily make my top 10 series of all-time.  

Same here, even when Lindelof and Lieber had exhausted their initial plotline and started pulling threads out of their ass. It was enjoyable to the end. I just may watch it again, actually...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 21 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What you watchin' tonight?
Page 21 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 31  Next