The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Which album is better?

Go down 
2 posters

2 Vote Or Not 2 Vote?
Spectrum
Which album is better? I_vote_lcap50%Which album is better? I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
Mind Transplant
Which album is better? I_vote_lcap50%Which album is better? I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Which album is better? Empty
PostSubject: Which album is better?   Which album is better? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:20 pm

Billy Cobham-Spectrum v.s. Alphonse Mouzon-Mind Transplant

Who Wins? I like them both a lot but had to go with Mind Transplant, it features more Tommy Bolin bad ass-ness and is a near perfect album with the exception of Some Of The Things People Do.

I don't expect many people to participate but oh well.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Which album is better?   Which album is better? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:21 pm

Spectrum. Mindtransplant is a good album, but Spectrum is a classic. The songwriting is the main difference.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Which album is better?   Which album is better? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:21 pm

Go deep with your explanation D, if you will please.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Which album is better?   Which album is better? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:29 pm

Well, it has more to do with the title track than anything. It's become an underground "standard" over the years and has been performed and recorded in a variety of formats. I've seen several people perform that song over the years.

The production of the albums is another factor, I like the balance on Spectrum better.

I'll pull the two albums out and listen to them back to back in the next couple days, to refresh my memory.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Which album is better?   Which album is better? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:34 pm

I like the production of Spectrum better too, I think it's more Jazzy than Mind Transplant and I like both drum performances equally (I switch from one to the other, it's hard to choose). The main reason for my choosing Mind Transplant is b/c of Tommy Bolin being more prominent in that album.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Which album is better?   Which album is better? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:40 pm

I've also been looking for Love Child:The Spectrum Sessions and Fusion Jam (Bolin & Mouzon rehearsals), I've only read about them.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Which album is better?   Which album is better? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:00 pm

Although not Tommy Bolin, if you don't own this album, you need to remedy it at soon as possible. This is my favorite of those fusion/rock crossover albums from the era:

Which album is better? J08435jvssa
featuring a young, fiery Allan Holdsworth and some of the best drumming ever recorded.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Which album is better?   Which album is better? I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:46 pm

I own this and yes it's friggin' bad ass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which album is better?   Which album is better? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which album is better?
Page 1 of 1