The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

KYUSS appreciation thread

Go down 
+3
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
Admin
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

KYUSS appreciation thread Empty
PostSubject: KYUSS appreciation thread   KYUSS appreciation thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 7:25 pm

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY DESERT WARRIORS!!!!!

KYUSS appreciation thread 2483790273_29ef476128
Back to top Go down
https://detuned.forumotion.net
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS appreciation thread   KYUSS appreciation thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 12:54 pm

I used to own Blues for the Red Sun, but for whatever reason, it never really clicked with me and I traded it to SpectreFate for some magic beans or something. The only thing I can think of was that at the time of the purchase, I was a noob in the whole stoner rock genre and I didn't know what to make of these guys.

Perhaps someday, I'll have to revisit this band but there's just too much other stuff that I gotta get caught up on.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS appreciation thread   KYUSS appreciation thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 10:45 pm

All I own by them currently is the split EP they did with Queens Of The Stoneage, but it rocks, some great dingy metal Very Happy
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS appreciation thread   KYUSS appreciation thread I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 2:19 am

Welcome To Sky Valley is probably even a better record than Blues...it just doesn't have the same kind of mystique about it. Musically it's one of my favorite albums of all time...no shit. I was browsing a record store when the stoner behind the counter threw on Gardenia from Sky Valley.

From the instant I heard that guitar I practically FLEW to the front of the store and grabbed it from the guy. I bought it immediately and drove home to play it...I don't think that CD left my player for a week...and I've played it several times a year ever since. It just creates a sustained mood like few albums achieve.

All of the releases by Kyuss are worth owning, Blues & Sky Valley are essential.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS appreciation thread   KYUSS appreciation thread I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 3:12 am

Damn, I guess I was the only person here who was actually listening to Kyuss in the early 90's.

'tis a shame really, maybe in another 10 years people will revisit and hear what I heard then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS appreciation thread   KYUSS appreciation thread I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 9:38 am

My buddy Tracy and I started listening to Kyuss after we saw "Green Machine" on Headbanger's Ball.

I like all their albums....even Wretch. Smile
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS appreciation thread   KYUSS appreciation thread I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:18 pm

spectrefate wrote:
My buddy Tracy and I started listening to Kyuss after we saw "Green Machine" on Headbanger's Ball.

I like all their albums....even Wretch. Smile

I heard Thumb on a radio station in Baltimore back in '92 and about died of a heart attack, flew to the record store that afternoon to buy Blues For The Red Sun.

Spec, they have reissued the original Sons Of Kyuss album on LP...it's probably a boot, but it looks nicely done. That's a good EP and has a few songs not on Wretch.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS appreciation thread   KYUSS appreciation thread I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 8:55 pm

I've liked Kyuss since the 90's, I was pissed when they split up but decided to give Slo-Burn a chance.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS appreciation thread   KYUSS appreciation thread I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 9:39 pm

akeldama wrote:
I've liked Kyuss since the 90's, I was pissed when they split up but decided to give Slo-Burn a chance.

Unida was the best of the Garcia post-Kyuss projects.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS appreciation thread   KYUSS appreciation thread I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 3:24 pm

Detuned wrote:
akeldama wrote:

Unida was the best of the Garcia post-Kyuss projects.

Really? I've never heard anything. How is it?
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS appreciation thread   KYUSS appreciation thread I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 8:42 pm

Well I'm a dumb-ass, I have Unida and yes I like it. I can't believe I forgot I had Coping With The Urban Coyote.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS appreciation thread   KYUSS appreciation thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 1:39 am

Akeldama wrote:
Well I'm a dumb-ass, I have Unida and yes I like it. I can't believe I forgot I had Coping With The Urban Coyote.

That album is brilliant. Did you ever hear the unreleased album they recorded for American? it was bootlegged as "The Great Divide".
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS appreciation thread   KYUSS appreciation thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 8:10 pm

I saw Kyuss open up for Danzig in '92 and I loved 'em ever since. Sky Valley is my favorite album of all time.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS appreciation thread   KYUSS appreciation thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 11:08 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
Akeldama wrote:

That album is brilliant. Did you ever hear the unreleased album they recorded for American? it was bootlegged as "The Great Divide".

No, but I bet it's just as good as "Coyote".

Hey troublemagnet, how was Danzig live in '92?
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS appreciation thread   KYUSS appreciation thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 11:16 pm

I saw Danzig in '91 (?) with Soundgarden and Warrior Soul as the opening acts. Epic show. It was the Lucifuge tour.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS appreciation thread   KYUSS appreciation thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 11:19 pm

Man, classic Danzig woulda been kewl to see back in the day. Kyuss would be rad to see as well. I haven't went to a show in AGES!
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS appreciation thread   KYUSS appreciation thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 11:28 pm

I actually never got to see Kyuss. I had tickets for the Seattle show in 1995, about a month after ....Circus came out. But 2 days before the show they broke up.

Back to top Go down
troublemagnet

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS appreciation thread   KYUSS appreciation thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 8:55 am

Akeldama wrote:
Shawn D. wrote:
Akeldama wrote:

Danzig was allright-the drum riser made out of the goat skull with glowing purple eyes was cool. I saw Danzig last year-he's all right but not one of my all time favorites. All the Satanic mumbo-jumbo leaves me cold.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS appreciation thread   KYUSS appreciation thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 2:53 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
I actually never got to see Kyuss. I had tickets for the Seattle show in 1995, about a month after ....Circus came out. But 2 days before the show they broke up.

Not THAT is a shit sandwich! Do you still have the tix?
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS appreciation thread   KYUSS appreciation thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 2:53 pm

troublemagnet wrote:
Akeldama wrote:
Shawn D. wrote:
Akeldama wrote:

Danzig was allright-the drum riser made out of the goat skull with glowing purple eyes was cool. I saw Danzig last year-he's all right but not one of my all time favorites. All the Satanic mumbo-jumbo leaves me cold.

I agree.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS appreciation thread   KYUSS appreciation thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 2:59 pm

yeah, that stuff was real tired when Danzig started his schtick, the real reason I listened to those first few Danzig records was for the band, that was a slamming band with a great sense of groove (not groovy, just groove).

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS appreciation thread   KYUSS appreciation thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 3:01 pm

In the post above my last one I asked if you still had the Kyuss tix, do ya?

And yeah, musically and vocally classic Danzig is good stuff but lyrically it just plain sux.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS appreciation thread   KYUSS appreciation thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 3:07 pm

Actually no, I was going to be there with a "press badge", so I never needed to get tickets.

Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS appreciation thread   KYUSS appreciation thread I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 2:52 pm

Thanks to some bastard, I have recently been jamming these dude and this is good stuff, mostly impressed with the guitar style, it's like old Black Sabbath all over again in a good way, so thanks you bastard for the Kyuss hook up.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS appreciation thread   KYUSS appreciation thread I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 2:56 pm

Hey, I'm saving you money so you can afford your gummi bears habit dillhole!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS appreciation thread   KYUSS appreciation thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KYUSS appreciation thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next