The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

KYUSS appreciation thread

Go down 
+3
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
Admin
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

KYUSS appreciation thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KYUSS appreciation thread   KYUSS appreciation thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 6:35 pm

S.D. wrote:
yeah, that stuff was real tired when Danzig started his schtick, the real reason I listened to those first few Danzig records was for the band, that was a slamming band with a great sense of groove (not groovy, just groove).

I really liked his band as well, some great players there. His solo albums don't do much at all for me anymore though, I much prefer Samhain, his best venture IMO.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS appreciation thread   KYUSS appreciation thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 11:25 pm

Samhain was good, but I think I still prefer the Misfit years myself over all Danzigs jams.

I know douchbag, I was just giving you thanks for the Kyuss, and yes that does mean more gummies for me, muchos grassy-ass
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS appreciation thread   KYUSS appreciation thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 12:26 am

Kyuss is such a fun band, I've always found it hard to believe that more people didn't dig them. Plus the guitar riffs are just epic in the best possible way.

Kyuss are complete proof that you can be VERY heavy and NOT play metal.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS appreciation thread   KYUSS appreciation thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 5:40 am

Yeah these dudes are another band I wish I had heard along time ago, I would have been jamming this back in high school, just sucks living in a place with narrow minded music appreciation that is cut off from the rest of the world, no good music stores either, thank God for the internet, now good music can be sought out, it beats a 3 to 4 hour drive just to find city with a good music store, all we have is a damn wal-mart here.
But anyway, yeah Kyuss is totally a bad ass band.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS appreciation thread   KYUSS appreciation thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 10:57 pm

I discovered Kyuss through RIP magazine in the mid 90s or so, I remember reading about their break up too. It was either RIP or Hit Parader.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS appreciation thread   KYUSS appreciation thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 12:34 am

I heard Gardenia in a record store in Frederick MD and bought the album on the spot.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KYUSS appreciation thread   KYUSS appreciation thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KYUSS appreciation thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2