The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"In The News" Thread

Go down 
+7
gershom
chewie
S.D.
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
theJOKERiv
Akeldama
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

"In The News" Thread - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "In The News" Thread   "In The News" Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:38 pm

More news on the new Thin Lizzy album:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/thin_lizzy_to_release_first_new_album_in_29_years.html?no_takeover

Tisk, tisk. I prolly won't even get this one, we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: "In The News" Thread   "In The News" Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 6:23 am

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: "In The News" Thread   "In The News" Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 6:28 am

Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: "In The News" Thread   "In The News" Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 11:36 am

I'll be looking out for that!!!!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: "In The News" Thread   "In The News" Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 10:31 pm

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: "In The News" Thread   "In The News" Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 11:25 pm

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/quirkies/Sheep_born_with_upside_down_head

The "most commented" section on the right has a story about a joint falling out of a lawyers pocket in court story...
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: "In The News" Thread   "In The News" Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 2:23 pm

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/...s-punch-736901

Quote:
A Cleveland municipal bus driver has been suspended after video surfaced this week showing him decking a mouthy female rider with a bolo punch.

The confrontation between the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) worker and the unidentified woman was apparently filmed by another rider. It is unclear from the above clip, however, what triggered the dispute.

[WARNING: The video is peppered with curse words and racial slurs.]

The driver of bus 2802 leaves his seat after the woman appears to strike him. "You going to jail now," the driver says twice before throwing an uppercut that knocks the woman to the ground.

The driver then throws the woman off the stopped bus, though she climbs back aboard and tussles with him. "She want to be a man, I'm gonna treat you like a man," the driver announces at one point.

RTA officials believe the fight occurred on September 18. The unidentified driver was suspended this week, with city officials describing his behavior as "absolutely unacceptable." In a press statement, the agency added, "RTA apologizes to our customers for this incident. A full investigation continues."
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: "In The News" Thread   "In The News" Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 10:56 pm

Akeldama wrote:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/...s-punch-736901

Quote:
A Cleveland municipal bus driver has been suspended after video surfaced this week showing him decking a mouthy female rider with a bolo punch.

The confrontation between the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) worker and the unidentified woman was apparently filmed by another rider. It is unclear from the above clip, however, what triggered the dispute.

[WARNING: The video is peppered with curse words and racial slurs.]

The driver of bus 2802 leaves his seat after the woman appears to strike him. "You going to jail now," the driver says twice before throwing an uppercut that knocks the woman to the ground.

The driver then throws the woman off the stopped bus, though she climbs back aboard and tussles with him. "She want to be a man, I'm gonna treat you like a man," the driver announces at one point.

RTA officials believe the fight occurred on September 18. The unidentified driver was suspended this week, with city officials describing his behavior as "absolutely unacceptable." In a press statement, the agency added, "RTA apologizes to our customers for this incident. A full investigation continues."

I used to ride the bus............. some people do need to be bitch slapped!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: "In The News" Thread   "In The News" Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 1:14 am

Agreed. She was spitting on him and hitting him while he was driving, that bitch coulda caused an accident.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: "In The News" Thread   "In The News" Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 10:20 pm

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: "In The News" Thread   "In The News" Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 3:16 am

Since a good 90% of all items sold are manufactured in other countries I don't see this going anywhere.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: "In The News" Thread   "In The News" Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 11:35 am

S.D. wrote:
Since a good 90% of all items sold are manufactured in other countries I don't see this going anywhere.

Pretty much.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "In The News" Thread   "In The News" Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 5:20 pm

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57540360/hurricane-sandy-may-slam-into-u.s-east-coast-as-halloween-week-frankenstorm/

OK, so what the hell does Mother Nature have against Halloween? Last year we had a freak snow and ice storm two days before Halloween, which knocked out power all over town (including my house) for four days, and the town cancelled trick or treating due to all the tree branches and power lines that were laying all over the roads. Now they're talking about another crazy storm this coming week, so it looks like my kids are going to get skunked again this year. Boooooo!!!

I just hope my fucking lights stay ON this time... (crosses fingers)...
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: "In The News" Thread   "In The News" Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 8:11 pm

Maybe she has beef with candy corn?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "In The News" Thread   "In The News" Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 8:57 pm

Akeldama wrote:
Maybe she has beef with candy corn?

I don't like candy corn either, but I wouldn't shit all over everyone's Halloween because of it!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: "In The News" Thread   "In The News" Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 5:53 pm

Generally, I avoid watching all the murders and bullshit on the news because it's damn depressing, but a recent story caught my attention.

Two teenagers (about 15 & 16) killed this 12 year old girl for her bike last week in a town that's about 15 miles from me. What in the fuck?! America is so depressing and needlessly violent.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: "In The News" Thread   "In The News" Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 7:54 pm

Death penalty anyone?
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: "In The News" Thread   "In The News" Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 2:09 pm

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: "In The News" Thread   "In The News" Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 4:15 pm

Anyong haseo, jae idumen Elephant imnida.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: "In The News" Thread   "In The News" Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 4:23 pm

S.D. wrote:

Ya lost me...
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: "In The News" Thread   "In The News" Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 4:24 pm

Akeldama wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Ya lost me...

Hello, my name is elephant. Phonetic Korean.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: "In The News" Thread   "In The News" Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 4:38 pm

WTF?! You speak Korean?
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: "In The News" Thread   "In The News" Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 12:54 am

Akeldama wrote:
WTF?! You speak Korean?

Very little, just a few phrases here and there.

I can say "Hello, my name is Shawn" from above. I also know the more formal greeting phrase (for elders). I can say "Thank you", I can say "hurry up". I can answer the phone (their is a separate phrase for the telephone). Just basic stuff like that. It's actually not as difficult as you'd think, I just don't have the patience to learn a new language, I'm too fucking old.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: "In The News" Thread   "In The News" Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 1:21 am

That's kewl man, I am fascinated with other languages. I still need to learn Swahili all the way.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: "In The News" Thread   "In The News" Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 2:25 pm

Ted Nugent should be the official poster child for the Republican Party...

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/ted-nugent-calls-obama-voters-soulless-fools/

“pimps, whores & welfare brats & their soulless supporters have a President to destroy America.”

Yay Ted, we love your gun-toting, flag-waving, racist, teenage-marrying, bigoted viewpoint. America needs someone intelligent enough to write "I make the pussy purr with a stroke of my hand" standing up for the Republican party!

laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "In The News" Thread   "In The News" Thread - Page 13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"In The News" Thread
Page 13 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next