The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig

Go down 
+8
MetalGuy71
theJOKERiv
manny
chewie
gershom
SpectreFate
S.D.
Akeldama
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 1:06 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Any of the 'Unforgiven' tracks from Metallica. The first one was tollerable at the time, but the other 2 were just ponderous and a waste of time. I'd skip all 3 now though.

I hear ya!!!!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 1:10 pm

Speaking of Metallica, I've always hated that song Fuel.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 1:16 pm

S.D. wrote:
Plant's solo albums have some moments here and there, but I've yet to hear an entire album that I've enjoyed all the way through...unlike Zeppelin for example.

That Tall Cool One song SUCKS, though!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 5:00 pm

DeathCult wrote:

I don't hate the song, but the opening lines always bothered me. "Gimme fuel, gimme fire, gimme that which I desire" Rhyming fire & desire is Bad Poetry 101 isn't it?
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 5:53 pm

I never liked the studio version of "Fuel" but it's a kickass live track.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 9:38 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

I don't hate the song, but the opening lines always bothered me. "Gimme fuel, gimme fire, gimme that which I desire" Rhyming fire & desire is Bad Poetry 101 isn't it?

My thoughts exactly MG.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 10:03 pm

Just ran through it on youtube real fast to see if I missed anything. Meh, it's got some ok parts to it musically, but the vocals suck, and its pretty damn boring after the first minute and a half. This just isn't an era of Metallica I dig, some of the songs are pretty ok, but they're being done by the wrong band.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 10:07 am

me so stupid & punk ass boyfriend -ZZ Top off of Mescalero, not big on this album in general.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 12:24 pm

gershom wrote:
me so stupid & punk ass boyfriend -ZZ Top off of Mescalero, not big on this album in general.

Mescalero has some good moments although what is good is good and what isn't, isn't. There's no in between on that album. All 3 guys have killer tone and it's nice to see they added new things like an accordion (which they used perfectly) and singin' in ol' Espanol...but those two songs suck among others.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 12:35 pm

Akeldama wrote:
gershom wrote:

Mescalero has some good moments although what is good is good and what isn't, isn't. There's no in between on that album. All 3 guys have killer tone and it's nice to see they added new things like an accordion (which they used perfectly) and singin' in ol' Espanol...but those two songs suck among others.

yeah for sure, but your right the title track, and Que Lastima and a few others are pretty good, the good ones need to be weeded out of the bad ones, like on a ZZ playlist.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 1:22 pm

I'll post my latter era ZZ Top playlist @ work tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 2:53 pm

The Moody Blues-Ride My See-Saw & I'm Just A Singer (In A Rock & Roll Band).
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 9:12 pm

Akeldama wrote:
The Moody Blues-Ride My See-Saw & I'm Just A Singer (In A Rock & Roll Band).

yeah I never cared for "I'm just a singer...." either the other one I don't recall.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 12:52 pm

Kiss' cover of Then He Kissed Me. Ugh, maybe as a single, but it totally taints the record its on. At least it's the last track.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 12:56 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Kiss' cover of Then He Kissed Me. Ugh, maybe as a single, but it totally taints the record its on. At least it's the last track.

I don't mind it at all but I would've preferred an original over it.
Back to top Go down
Special Guest
Easy Target
Special Guest

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:11 pm

Wishbone Ash-Warrior. The only track on Argus that I can't stand
Stump-Buffalo, which I think is intentionally bad, but still.
Traffic-Rock & Roll Stew. Once again, the only weak spot on a perfect album
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:18 pm

Akeldama wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

It should just end with "Plaster Caster" it works well as a last track and keeps the album pretty solid. The cover I could really do without. I listened to it when I just spun Love Gun for the first time in about 8 years, and snapped down the volume almost to mute before it was halfway through. It doesn't sound terrible I suppose, but it's just a bad song.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 2:50 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Akeldama wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

It should just end with "Plaster Caster" it works well as a last track and keeps the album pretty solid. The cover I could really do without. I listened to it when I just spun Love Gun for the first time in about 8 years, and snapped down the volume almost to mute before it was halfway through. It doesn't sound terrible I suppose, but it's just a bad song.

It probably would have worked better if the lyrics where changed to "And then she blew me"
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 3:31 pm

theJOKERiv wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Akeldama wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

It probably would have worked better if the lyrics where changed to "And then she blew me"

lol!
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 4:52 pm

Special Guest wrote:
Wishbone Ash-Warrior. The only track on Argus that I can't stand

Really? That's the song that originally made me a fan of Wishbone Ash.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 6:22 pm

Yeah, Warrior is a great tune, prolly the one that got me into Wishbone Ash as well.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 2:45 pm

BTO-Takin' Care Of Business
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 3:24 pm

Akeldama wrote:
BTO-Takin' Care Of Business

That one was killed through use in advertising and sporting events. We Are The Champions suffered the same fate.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 4:08 pm

Totally agree, SD. I can remember a time when I liked both songs.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 2:12 pm

I love Twisted Sister to death but I've always hated "You're Not Alone (Suzette's Song)" on YOU CAN'T STOP ROCK N ROLL.
...yeah, it's a lovely ballad by Dee dedicated to his wife, and I hope it got him laid, but I can't stand that track!!

Even during my fanboy teenage "All Metallica All The Time" phase, I never really liked "Seek & Destroy" or "Escape" much.

Megadeth's "Moto Psycho" is fuckin' awful.

Much of the Ramones' PLEASANT DREAMS is pretty weak sauce, ditto for the bulk of Warrior Soul's CHILL PILL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next