The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys?

Go down 
+3
Special Guest
Akeldama
Fat Freddy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys? Empty
PostSubject: What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys?   What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 1:42 pm

(NOTE: this thread is intended as fun and not to offend anyone. I almost posted it at a certain other forum but feared that certain folks there would get their undies in a bunch over it, so maybe it would work better here...)

You all know them. Maybe at one time or another in your life, you've been one of'em. FANBOYS. You know, the people who are so obsessed with one particular band that it's all they listen to, all they talk about, all they know about. So which band's fanboys are the most annoying?

My votes...

KISS. Y'all know I'm a KISS fan, but ...Good Lord, in 30+ years as a fan of the band and a veteran of numerous KISS Expos in the 1990s I have witnessed first hand how psychotically Star Trek Geeky many KISS fans can be. I've seen entire families come to the Expos in full KISS makeup and homemade costumes, I've seen people with tattoo sleeves of every single person who's ever been in KISS (with make up and without), I've had to avoid conversations with cross-eyed, stuttering weirdos who insist that Vinnie Vincent was a better fit for KISS than Ace Frehley... I could go on but you get the idea.

PANTERA: I kinda liked Cowboys From Hell and Vulgar Display of Power, but otherwise...ugh. And the more popular Pantera got, the more annoying their fans became. Nearly every Pantera fanboy I've ever met has been a jar head with borderline psychotic tendencies that only served to perpetuate the stereotype that metal fans were brain dead thugs....and that was even BEFORE Dimebag was killed. Now, these people will strangle you if you dare to suggest that Dimebag was anything less than a God on the six string.

DREAM THEATER: I have never understood why this band earns such orgasmic devotion from its fan base. On paper they sound like something that should be right up my alley but though I've given them numerous tries over the years, they bore the man-titties off of me. That doesn't stop a co-worker of mine from continuing to try and "recruit" me to the DT cause, loaning me their CDs, telling me that I just "haven't heard the right songs," or that I "need to see them live to get the full effect," etc. When Mike Portnoy left this band last year there was such an outpouring of grief from their fans that you would've thought the guy died.

I could go on but you get the idea. So who are your picks?
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys?   What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 2:23 pm

Good call, especially Pantera.

I'd go with Metallica, where I live most people got their metal cherries popped by those guys. I've always felt all their output was overrated as is Cliff. One bass solo in which only about the first 20 seconds or so was good and a couple of good licks on the next two albums relegated him to god-like status...puh-leeeeze! I could go on but...
Back to top Go down
Special Guest
Easy Target
Special Guest

PostSubject: Re: What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys?   What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 2:56 pm

Any Mike Patton project (Mr. Bungle, Faith No More, Tomahawk, about a million others...)

I'm surprised at how big a following this guy has, and for no real good reason. He's good at singing a lot of different genres, but that's his whole schtick. He's got like eight different bands, each playing something different, and you can always bet someone will be screaming in my ear about how "unique and amazing" it is, even when it's just the same crap he's been peddling for 20 years
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys?   What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 3:21 pm

Akeldama wrote:

I'd go with Metallica, where I live most people got their metal cherries popped by those guys. I've always felt all their output was overrated as is Cliff. One bass solo in which only about the first 20 seconds or so was good and a couple of good licks on the next two albums relegated him to god-like status...puh-leeeeze! I could go on but...

I *was* a Metallica fanboy through my high school and college years. A pretty insufferable one too. From 1984 till about 1990 I would've willingly taken a bullet for any of the band members. Very Happy

... then came the Black Album. Shocked

...then came Load. No

...then came Re-Load. pale

...then came St. Anger. affraid

Now I wouldn't piss on Lars Ulrich if he was on fire.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys?   What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 6:19 pm

I actually like the Load to St. Anger era the best.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys?   What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 7:45 pm

Lynryd Skynyrd - set them all on fire, please.

The Grateful Dead (there was some good material on their first few albums, but JEEZ already)

Bruce Springsteen (Jersey rednecks)

Bob Seger (midwest rednecks)

John Cougar Mellencamp (more midwest rednecks)

Billy Joel (he's not God)

Molly Hatchet (Florida rednecks)

The Eagles (brain-dead on prescription anti-anxiety medication zombies)

U2 (pretentious twats)

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys?   What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 8:23 pm

I guess that makes me a Southern, Midwest, Boardwalk, brain dead Deadhead, pretentious zombie twat. I only hate Joel and Skynyrd, country boys like me like Seger, etc.
Back to top Go down
Special Guest
Easy Target
Special Guest

PostSubject: Re: What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys?   What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 9:05 pm

S.D. wrote:
Lynryd Skynyrd - set them all on fire, please.

The Grateful Dead (there was some good material on their first few albums, but JEEZ already)

Bruce Springsteen (Jersey rednecks)

Bob Seger (midwest rednecks)

John Cougar Mellencamp (more midwest rednecks)

Billy Joel (he's not God)

Molly Hatchet (Florida rednecks)

The Eagles (brain-dead on prescription anti-anxiety medication zombies)

U2 (pretentious twats)

I never got the appeal of Seger or (especially) Mellencamp. I like Springsteen's Born To Run album but other than that he's pretty lame, I guess he just appeals to the New Jersey "get me the hell out of here" mentality.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys?   What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 9:08 pm

I'm from New Jersey and I can't fuckin' STAND Springsteen, or his idiot zombie fans.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys?   What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 9:30 pm

Akeldama wrote:
I guess that makes me a Southern, Midwest, Boardwalk, brain dead Deadhead, pretentious zombie twat. I only hate Joel and Skynyrd, country boys like me like Seger, etc.

Well, I was attempting to be humorous about it so don't take me too seriously.

I was commenting more on my experiences with the die-hard fans of those artists than the music itself. I like some songs from each of those artists I mentioned.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys?   What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 10:02 pm

Nah, I'm not, SD, I got a thick skin. I actually thought it was funny and I can never hide the fact that I'm a hick! I grew up listening to all that stuff and honestly the majority of we country folk here like 'em. I dug Skynyrd a lot when I was younger but now they rub me the wrong way with what I think is "Confederate" thinking and that goes for all their albums.
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys?   What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 10:49 pm

The only fanboys I truly resent are Pantera fanboys. Sure, they've got a few good albums, but they're definitely not worthy of the worship they get.

They treat Dimebag as if he was the second coming of Christ, man. He had chops, but he had tons of contemporaries who were just as good (if not better) than him. I can't stand Phil Anselmo, either. He's a major asshole.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys?   What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 12:56 am

Metal-On-Metal wrote:
I can't stand Phil Anselmo, either. He's a major asshole.

I met him once and he's a complete douche bag. I will never listen to anything he's involved with again.

Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys?   What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 1:34 am

I'm glad my hate for him is rational then. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys?   What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 7:46 am

Good Pantera bitch, Met and right on the money about Darrell. In fact both brothers irk the shit outta me. I'm glad they never entered the Megadeth fold.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys?   What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 1:40 am

Actually, I met both Vinnie and Dimebag in the front row of a King's X show in 2003, they were both very cool. It's asshat Phil that I can't stand.

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys?   What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 10:14 pm

Insane Clown Posse fans. Holy fuckin' shit, redneck idiot wanna be thugs. Calling themselves juggalos, acting like their badass. Worshipping idiots in clown make up. Totally mindless.
Back to top Go down
Special Guest
Easy Target
Special Guest

PostSubject: Re: What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys?   What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 3:22 am

DeathCult wrote:
Insane Clown Posse fans. Holy fuckin' shit, redneck idiot wanna be thugs. Calling themselves juggalos, acting like their badass. Worshipping idiots in clown make up. Totally mindless.

That goes without saying
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys?   What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 4:53 pm

DeathCult wrote:

Thankfully I have never encountered a "Juggalo" in real life, but if the stuff I've seen about'em online is even half true, then someone should napalm one of those "Gathering of The Juggalos" fests they put on every year and rub'em the hell out...
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys?   What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 5:29 pm

Has anybody seen the Andrew WK video from his performance at the 08 "Gathering of the Juggalos"? Andrew WK's a cool dude.

Unrelated, but funny.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys?   What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 11:58 am

Thankfully with their 15 minutes pretty much up, Limp Bizcut's meat-head fan-boys can go back to tea-bagging and towel snapping other jocks in the showers.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys?   What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 11:20 am

Metal-On-Metal wrote:
Has anybody seen the Andrew WK video from his performance at the 08 "Gathering of the Juggalos"? Andrew WK's a cool dude.

Unrelated, but funny.

Andrew WK's a pretty funny mo-fo. He hosts a game show on Cartoon Network (!) called "Destroy, Build, Destroy" that my kids watch. They were surprised when I knew who the guy was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys?   What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Band has the Most Annoying Fanboys?
Page 1 of 1