The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Album...

Go down 
+3
Special Guest
Metal-On-Metal
Akeldama
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
chewie

chewie

What Album... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Album...   What Album... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 1:33 am

CRB - The Magic Door
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What Album...   What Album... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 11:59 pm

What Album... - Page 2 41lzwYLtW2L._SL500_AA300_

APP never topped this album (by a long shot). The Deluxe Edition is the way to go so you can hear the original 1976 mix and the 1987 mix. I had never heard the original mix before getting the Deluxe Edition and I must say I prefer it.
Back to top Go down
Special Guest
Easy Target
Special Guest

PostSubject: Re: What Album...   What Album... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 4:51 am

Akeldama wrote:
What Album... - Page 2 41lzwYLtW2L._SL500_AA300_

APP never topped this album (by a long shot). The Deluxe Edition is the way to go so you can hear the original 1976 mix and the 1987 mix. I had never heard the original mix before getting the Deluxe Edition and I must say I prefer it.

Hell yeah! That album has such a cool vibe to it, like the works of Poe are being interpreted by robots
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What Album...   What Album... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 6:49 am

Glad someone here agrees and you're right, SG, there's such a great vibe on ths album.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: What Album...   What Album... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 11:38 am

Akeldama wrote:
Glad someone here agrees and you're right, SG, there's such a great vibe on ths album.

That is a great APP album, I have that cool fancy booklet LP version. Members of Pilot(Oh, Its magic) and Ambrosia are the backing band on it, as well.

The Raven is such a killer tune!!!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What Album...   What Album... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 12:12 pm

chewie wrote:
Akeldama wrote:

That is a great APP album, I have that cool fancy booklet LP version. Members of Pilot(Oh, Its magic) and Ambrosia are the backing band on it, as well.

The Raven is such a killer tune!!!

It always surprised me about some of the members of Pilot being on there but Ambrosia never did being that they started out as a Prog band.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What Album...   What Album... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 9:30 pm

What Album... - Page 2 710%2B6s1BkqL._AA300_

From Wikipedia:

Negril is an instrumental album originally released in 1975 from a session produced, arranged and mostly composed by Eric Gale, and including some of Jamaica's best-known musicians. It bears the name of an impoverished Jamaican seaside village which, in 1975, was yet to become a popular tourist destination and had unsophisticated accommodations, but a splendid beach and natural beauty which inspired Gale to memorialize it. Negril was recorded at the Harry J Studio in Kingston, Jamaica. It was originally released in Jamaica by Micron Music Ltd. and in England by Klik Records (KLP9005). In 2003 it was issued as a CD by Roving Spirits (Japan). The CD is now out of print and, because it is not available for legal digital download, sellers demand high prices for used copies.

Track listing

All tracks composed by Eric Gale; except where indicated
1."East Side, West Side"
2."Negril Sea Sunset"
3."I Shot the Sheriff" (Bob Marley)
4."Rasta"
5."Lighthouse"
6."Negril"
7."Red Ground Funk"
8."Honey Coral Rock"

(Track order is for CD, not original LP)

[edit] Personnel
Eric Gale - lead guitar, producer, arranger
Aston Barrett - bass guitar
Leslie Butler - organ, synthesizer
Cedric Brooks - saxophone, percussion
Paul Douglas - drums
Val Douglas - bass guitar
Joe Higgs - percussion
Sparrow Martin - drums
Keith Sterling - piano
Richard Tee - piano
Uziah Thompson - percussion
Peter Tosh - rhythm guitar, lead guitar
Michael Johnston - executive producer
Sylvan Morris - recording engineer
Buddy Davidson - mixing engineer
Trevor Campbell - art and cover design
Recorded at Harry J. Studio, Kingston
Mixed at Federal Recording Co.

Total time: 39:53
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What Album...   What Album... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 3:55 pm

That looks interesting, I usually like Gale more as a sideman than a leader, but I'd be interested to hear that one.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What Album...   What Album... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 7:47 pm

It's good. It's not just a Marley album w/o vox there's actually some good Fusion elements but it never gets too bombastic. The last half is better I'd say but it's a good album to chill to.
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: What Album...   What Album... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 5:09 pm

Etron fou Leloublan - Batelages
What Album... - Page 2 LHGNj

A recent discovery of mine; some really interesting (read: weird as fuck) French Avant-prog from the late 70's. They're name roughly translates into Crazy Shit, The White Wolf. You can't get any more French than that.

Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: What Album...   What Album... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 11:56 pm

No takers?
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What Album...   What Album... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 12:12 am

I've been trying to remember somebody I was gonna recommend to you based on "LOUBLAN" but I can't remember. I'm gonna have to dig thru my collection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Album...   What Album... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Album...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2