The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did you do anything fun today?

Go down 
+6
chewie
theJOKERiv
Fat Freddy
Special Guest
Metal-On-Metal
S.D.
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

Did you do anything fun today? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you do anything fun today?   Did you do anything fun today? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 11:31 pm

My son's Cub Scout troop had a pre-season "swim party" at the home of one of the boys, so the kids got some splashin' and boogie boardin' in ... and we even managed to squeeze in a quick activity that will get them all their Swimming achievement award when we start Scouting again in September.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Did you do anything fun today?   Did you do anything fun today? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 1:48 am

Los Lobos concert was great, I was asked to introduce them but it fell through but at least I got to stand at the side of the stage and shake their hands as they took the stage. All classy guys but Davis Hidalgo was drunk as piss and I noticed they'd turn his guitar down on the monitor a lot. Oh, and I also got a free Hendrix litho pin up today!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Did you do anything fun today?   Did you do anything fun today? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 7:28 pm

I've been riff writing a lot lately (the last few months). A friend and I will start collaborating on a Doom/Stoner/Punk project in the Spring of next year...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Did you do anything fun today?   Did you do anything fun today? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 11:35 pm

Tried that "Spotify" thingy that all the cool kids seem to be so crazy about today... seems like a fun toy to have for when I'm wastin' time on the PC. They got the new Warrior Soul album up there already, which isn't available in the US yet, so I'm givin' that a whirl.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Did you do anything fun today?   Did you do anything fun today? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 3:12 am

I use Spotify to preview albums to see if it's something I"m interested in, I like being able to listen to the whole record these days. It has saved some wasted money here and there.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Did you do anything fun today?   Did you do anything fun today? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 8:13 pm

Well at least I know 5 people who won't listen to my album...oh well.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Did you do anything fun today?   Did you do anything fun today? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 1:21 pm

Gonna be racing 15 laps at the Stockton 99 Speedway today!! Should be fun!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Did you do anything fun today?   Did you do anything fun today? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 4:30 pm

chewie wrote:
Gonna be racing 15 laps at the Stockton 99 Speedway today!! Should be fun!!!!!

Dumb question but is that in Stockton, CA?
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Did you do anything fun today?   Did you do anything fun today? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 6:08 pm

Finally got the stereo hooked up at the new apartment. Since it is a pretty Sunday day I decided to start it out by jamming "Stupid Dream" and "Lightbulb Sun" by Porcupine Tree...they just feel like "Sunday albums" to me.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Did you do anything fun today?   Did you do anything fun today? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 7:46 pm

Just sittin' around the house waiting for Hurricane Sandy to make her appearance... hopin' and prayin' the lights stay on this time.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Did you do anything fun today?   Did you do anything fun today? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 1:13 pm

I just made some green chili with burger and hash browh potato breakfast burritos. It's a damn good start to an 11 day vacation.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Did you do anything fun today?   Did you do anything fun today? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 3:59 pm

Drove around looking at Christmas lights in West Hollywood and Beverly Hills last night, quite enjoyable seeing how the 1% decorates their homes.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Did you do anything fun today?   Did you do anything fun today? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 4:05 pm

I'd still like to see how the rich folk do it. There are a lot of good lights in these parts for us being a bunch of hicks.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Did you do anything fun today?   Did you do anything fun today? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 4:11 pm

The most impressive Christmas Lights I've seen so far this year is the main entrance to Paramount Pictures, they did a beautiful job decorating the entire compound.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Did you do anything fun today?   Did you do anything fun today? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 2:08 am

S.D. wrote:
The most impressive Christmas Lights I've seen so far this year is the main entrance to Paramount Pictures, they did a beautiful job decorating the entire compound.

That must look really cool!
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: Did you do anything fun today?   Did you do anything fun today? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 11:15 am

Not today, but Thursday I saw Rush at the Greensboro Coliseum. Holy shit it was a transcendental experience. They played material from every album save for Test for Echo, Power Windows, Hold Your Fire, and Presto.

Last edited by Metal-On-Metal on Sun May 31, 2015 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Did you do anything fun today?   Did you do anything fun today? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 11:26 am

Sounds like a great show.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: Did you do anything fun today?   Did you do anything fun today? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 6:16 pm

Metal-On-Metal wrote:
Not today, but Thursday I saw Rush at the Greensboro Coliseum. Holy shit it was a transcendental experience. They played material from every album save for Test for Echo, Power Windows, Hold Your Fire, and Presto.

Saw them last night - fantastic gig!
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: Did you do anything fun today?   Did you do anything fun today? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 6:33 pm

It really was a kickass show. The mix was a little off for the first half of the set (The World Is... The World Is... part), but it sounded a ton better during the second half. And the setlist was fantastic, I made a playlist of the studio versions on iTunes (if anyone wants me to post it, I can).

I really hope a well-done concert album/blu-ray is produced this tour.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did you do anything fun today?   Did you do anything fun today? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did you do anything fun today?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2