The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What you watchin' tonight?

Go down 
+7
theJOKERiv
Metal-On-Metal
SpectreFate
Akeldama
gershom
S.D.
Fat Freddy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

What you watchin' tonight? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 12:54 pm

There is a multi-story film Carpenter did back in the 90s called "Body Bags" that is worth checking out. The first story is very "Halloween" in feel. I think it was a made for Showtime film (possibly HBO, can't remember).

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:50 pm

S.D. wrote:
There is a multi-story film Carpenter did back in the 90s called "Body Bags" that is worth checking out. The first story is very "Halloween" in feel. I think it was a made for Showtime film (possibly HBO, can't remember).

Oooh yeah, I think I've seen that, I believe it was on Showtime. If memory serves, it was a Creepshow-style anthology film, and Carpenter only did one "segment" of the film. Don't quote me but one of the other directors may have been Joe Dante.

Dammit, now I'm off to IMDb to see if I'm remembering the right movie or if I'm confusing my horror anthologies... Very Happy

(*EDIT* OK, so I was wrong about Dante... the other director was Tobe Hooper. Carpenter did three out of the four segments.)
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:53 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Oooh yeah, I think I've seen that, I believe it was on Showtime. If memory serves, it was a Creepshow-style anthology film, and Carpenter only did one "segment" of the film. Don't quote me but one of the other directors may have been Joe Dante.

Dammit, now I'm off to IMDb to see if I'm remembering the right movie or if I'm confusing my horror anthologies... Very Happy

(*EDIT* OK, so I was wrong about Dante... the other director was Tobe Hooper. Carpenter did three out of the four segments.)

Carpenter also starred as the "between segment" narrator, a morgue attendent if memory serves.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 6:13 pm

Disorderlies
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 9:13 pm

Gonna start my annual SCHLOCK-TOBER horror fest tonight! Undecided on what film to begin with at the moment, the "to be viewed" DVD pile on my nightstand is loaded with candidates though!!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:01 pm

Prez Debate.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:38 pm

I never watch debates, I also don't watch the news, read the papers or listen to the radio. Makes life much less complicated and calmer

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 11:05 pm

I'm the same way actually, that's the first debate I've ever watched.
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 12:20 am

The majority of news I watch is delivered by either Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert. I've never been able to stand "actual" news.

I watched a little bit of the debate, got disinterested about 45 minutes in and turned the TV off.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 1:59 pm

Akeldama wrote:
I'm the same way actually, that's the first debate I've ever watched.

I was a Political Science major so I always watch! I just rarely post about politics (generally never in blogs and any FB posts are limited to comments on other posts) cause I don't care who my friends support politically. If a friend has a different political view than me, it doesn't make them any less a friend!
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 2:08 pm

My political views pretty much mirror George Carlin.

"I don't believe anything the Government tells me...EVER!"

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 12:28 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Live Coroner, dig it.
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 12:37 am

Damn, Coroner was really tight live! Thanks for the link DC.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 1:52 am

Metal-On-Metal wrote:
Damn, Coroner was really tight live! Thanks for the link DC.

Yeah, great fucking band, one of the best thrash bass players too. They were prog rock caliber musicians playing metal...doesn't happen often.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 11:25 am

DeathCult wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Live Coroner, dig it.

Yeah, thanks for the link... and I'm glad that I clicked on it. I was always under the impression that they were one of those barking dog singer type bands..........

These guys are killer! I'm sorry that I have avoided them for so long.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 2:00 pm

Glad you guys like them. They're a great band, excellent musicans. They never put out a bad album, and they get pretty experimental too.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 6:37 pm

Got a promo code for a free rental from RedBox tonight, so I picked up "Cabin in the Woods." Woohoo! I've been dyin' to see this for a while now but every time I've tried to get it there it's been sold out. Patience is a virtue!
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 1:24 am

Finished up season one of House M.D. - never watched this show until recently, entertaining if overly repetitious, there seems to be a basic pattern that almost every episode follows.

Then I caught the season 4 premiere of The Vampire Diaries. I originally thought this show would be a guilty pleasure...but it's not, it's just a damn entertaining show.

Plus Nina Dobrev is HOT...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 11:25 am

S.D. wrote:
Finished up season one of House M.D. - never watched this show until recently, entertaining if overly repetitious, there seems to be a basic pattern that almost every episode follows.

It's pretty much the same every season. I think I stopped watching around season two or maybe even three.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 2:42 am

Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 1:16 pm

Started watching Freaks and Geeks the other day. Great show!
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 11:41 am

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 7:54 pm

I finally got my power back last night after nine and a half days in the dark, so I dunno what I'm gonna watch yet but dammit I'm gonna watch SOMETHING!! Hurricane Sandy totally effed up the last week of my planned Schlock-Tober Halloween Horror Movie marathon, that bitch! I got a ton of catchin' up to do!!!
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 8:44 pm

I think you should watch that copy of "The Avengers" that you've been staring at...

Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 9:49 pm

S.D. wrote:
I think you should watch that copy of "The Avengers" that you've been staring at...

Agree!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What you watchin' tonight?
Page 8 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 31  Next