The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What you watchin' tonight?

Go down 
+7
theJOKERiv
Metal-On-Metal
SpectreFate
Akeldama
gershom
S.D.
Fat Freddy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

What you watchin' tonight? - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 10:44 pm

I think that may get the nod, fellas. Though I'm so tired right now that I may fall asleep before it's over... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 1:06 pm

OK, so "Avengers" was worth the wait. Loved it! I may watch it a second time before I return the DVD to my brother!

Fave scene: when Loki is making the big speech to the Hulk about how the Avengers are all "beneath" him because he's a God, so Hulk grabs him by the ankles and slams him off the walls and floor a bunch of times, then walks away with a snort of "Puny God." Very Happy I was dyin'.

Next on the "To Be Viewed" stack:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 5:34 pm

Loved Avengers!!!!!

Saw Skyfall - excellent Bond film. I won't post spoilers, but the did "borrow" ideas from previous Bond films and used them early on, but they actually worked. Great film, and if you've seen it, I LOVED they office the final scene was shot in - very old school!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 9:32 pm

Quote :
Saw Skyfall - excellent Bond film. I won't post spoilers, but the did "borrow" ideas from previous Bond films and used them early on, but they actually worked. Great film, and if you've seen it, I LOVED they office the final scene was shot in - very old school!

Cool, man. Feel free to post some thoughts about it in the "James Bond Thread" here, since I probably won't get to see the flick till it hits DVD in a few months.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 10:23 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Cool, man. Feel free to post some thoughts about it in the "James Bond Thread" here, since I probably won't get to see the flick till it hits DVD in a few months.

I did - warning, it's full of spoilers that will ruin some of the surprised in the film if you read them before you see it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 5:03 pm

Quote :
I did - warning, it's full of spoilers that will ruin some of the surprised in the film if you read them before you see it.

No biggie, my brother saw it this weekend too and he spoiled about half of it when he talked to me about it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 5:21 pm

Picked these two up from the library this PM so the wife and I will be watchin' at least one of 'em tonight

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 5:05 am

Horrible Bosses is awesome. Never watched that second Ghost Rider film, the first was so bad there was no way I was watching the second one. LOL.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 1:06 pm

S.D. wrote:
Horrible Bosses is awesome. Never watched that second Ghost Rider film, the first was so bad there was no way I was watching the second one. LOL.

The second Ghost Rider was extremely horrible.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 7:11 pm

Yeah, I've heard the Ghost Rider sequel was awful, but as a retired Comic Book Nerd I'm duty bound to check it out anyway. Will probably get to that one tonight. And yes, there will be beer involved.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 2:19 am

Well, you guys were right on the money with that "Ghost Rider" sequel.... whooo doggie, what a shit sandwich that was! Haha.

The first "G.R." wasn't any great shakes either, but compared to the 2nd it's 24 karat gold. Wow, did that suck!!

Oh well, at least it didn't cost me nothin' other than 90 minutes of my life, cuz I borrowed it from the library. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 9:56 pm

Will be watchin' "Horrible Bosses" w/the wife in a couple of minutes.

Then it'll be on to the next batch of library pickups...

(I can't be the only one who thinks the early 90s Batman Animated series was totally bad-ass, can I? The kids and I have been watching re-runs on the "Hub" channel lately and it gave me a jones to re-visit these two direct-to-video features.)

After that, a couple of vintage butt kickers that I haven't seen in a long time.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 9:30 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Will be watchin' "Horrible Bosses" w/the wife in a couple of minutes.

Then it'll be on to the next batch of library pickups...

(I can't be the only one who thinks the early 90s Batman Animated series was totally bad-ass, can I? The kids and I have been watching re-runs on the "Hub" channel lately and it gave me a jones to re-visit these two direct-to-video features.)

After that, a couple of vintage butt kickers that I haven't seen in a long time.

My son has those Batman flicks on a double sided disk (and they are actually very good, with Mask being better than sub zero)

The Rookie was a good flick - saw that in the theater back in the day! And Total Recall is probably my favorite Ahnold flick
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 2:00 pm

Watched 3 Bond flicks last night.

Thunderball
On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Quantum Of Solace

My primary issue with Quantum is the inept direction/editing which completely destroys most of the action sequences in the film, it's truly horrid. A shame cause the film itself isn't that bad, it could most likely be re-edited into a much better film.

Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 10:10 pm

S.D. wrote:
Watched 3 Bond flicks last night.

Thunderball
On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Quantum Of Solace

My primary issue with Quantum is the inept direction/editing which completely destroys most of the action sequences in the film, it's truly horrid. A shame cause the film itself isn't that bad, it could most likely be re-edited into a much better film.

Agree - if the action was edited better, it would have been a better flick. I still like it.

Now watching The Man With The Golden Gun - flipping though the channels and it was on BBCA.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 4:42 am

The Avengers (season 4 - the first season featuring Diana Rigg as Emma Peel)

Back to top Go down
Special Guest
Easy Target
Special Guest

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 5:48 am

I rented Blue Velvet tonight, after months of trying to find it online.

I'm a big fan of David Lynch's work, and this was no exception. It feels like a precursor to Twin Peaks, strangely enough (and not just because of Kyle MacLachlan). Anyone who enjoys Lynch's surreal take on mysteries will love the hell out of this one.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 3:55 pm

Special Guest wrote:
I rented Blue Velvet tonight, after months of trying to find it online.

I'm a big fan of David Lynch's work, and this was no exception. It feels like a precursor to Twin Peaks, strangely enough (and not just because of Kyle MacLachlan). Anyone who enjoys Lynch's surreal take on mysteries will love the hell out of this one.

Great flick, especially for this bit: Very Happy

Added this one to the "To Be Viewed" pile today thanks to the library:
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 5:01 pm

^^ Didn't care much for "Cemetary Man," it was well done but a lil' bit too "art house" and not enough "grindhouse" for me. The female lead, Anna Falchi, was a definite candidate for the "Hotter than Georgia Asphalt!" actress thread tho. Very Happy

Picking up these two from the library on my way home tonite:
(Eliza Dushku.... Yummmmmm...)

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 6:45 pm

Never watched Wrong Turn, not really my mind of flick.

Surrogates was a good time waster, entertaining.
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 8:31 pm

Top Gear (UK) Series 2, Episode 4

Clerks

Whose Line is it Anyway? Season 2, Episode 9

Whose Line is it Anyway? (UK) Series 1, Episode 3
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 9:58 am

S.D. wrote:
Never watched Wrong Turn, not really my mind of flick.

I'm generally not much for the killer hillbilly/cannibal genre either, but... it's got Eliza in it!! Very Happy

Didn't get to either one of those last night though, cuz when I stopped @ the library to pick them up, two others on my list had also come in:

(Never seen this one; I've heard it's awful but I'm one of the few people who actually liked the Ben Affleck Daredevil movie it's spun off from... and besides, it can't possibly be a bigger shit sandwich than that Ghost Rider sequel ... can it?? Shocked

and...

...since I'm on an Animated Batman kick of late I went with this one last night, and wow, it appears I've been missing out on some cool stuff by ignoring these "DC Animated Universe" videos. This was great. My only complaint is that the guy who did the Joker's voice wasn't as good as Mark Hamill in the old Batman Animated Series.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 1:03 pm

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 1:39 pm

Elektra is pretty bad, much worse than Daredevil (which I thought was okay).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 2:55 pm

S.D. wrote:
Elektra is pretty bad, much worse than Daredevil (which I thought was okay).

So I've heard, but I figure hey, if nothing else, it'll be Jennifer Garner wearing very little while beating the shit out of a lotta Ninjas. That'll be enough to keep me entertained. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What you watchin' tonight?
Page 9 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next